2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Advertising cost?

Search this Thread

Old 10/25/05, 06:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got an email from my salesman yesterday asking if I would email a potential Mustang buyer and tell him about the buying experience I had from this particular dealership. I told him I'd be glad to do that.

So I sent the buyer an email, and he replied that he had emailed 10 dealerships about the car and options he wanted, and had gotten back 7 responses so far, with a range in price of $1200.

But, he also said that some of the dealers were charging an "advertising cost" while others were not, and was concerned if that was a rip-off.

I told him that I never paid the advertising cost, so I didn't know about that. But then when I told my salesman about that, he said that I did indeed pay the advertising cost, as does every customer who buys a Ford. He said the cost varies depending on the area of the country, but it is broken down in the invoice so you can see exactly what it is.

So, when I got home, I checked my invoice, and there's no advertising cost there. There's no advertising cost on the window sticker either.

Does anyone know if there is an advertising cost or not?
Old 10/25/05, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nope I never have heard of one

I do know I would not like to pay one. Besides they don't pay you to drive around with their name on your car either. Losing that Dealer Sticker was the first thing I did
Old 10/25/05, 07:16 PM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've heard of "advertising fee's" but I did not nor have I ever paid one.
Old 10/25/05, 07:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yes, it's on every invoice...

here's the link to the FAQ (look at the "anatomy of an invoice" section about halfway down).

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=2172

It's the "FDAF/LMDA ASSESSMENT" box in the lower right of the invoice.

Unless you specifically negotiated with the dealer to get out of it (not likely), everyone paid it.

For example, I got mine on A plan, and the A plan / X plan etc. prices include this assessment.

In short, in this instance, it's not a dealer rip-off.