2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Active Anti Theft owners

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/05, 08:51 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had my mustang for about 6 months now and I am just curious about whether or not the alarm will sound if someone tries to pull the handle?? I have never had my alarm go off on my car and it seems wierd that is isn't as sensitive as I would have thought it to be. Is there something I should do to ensure it gets activated besides just locking the door with the remote?

-Jonathan
Old 6/19/05, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

The alarm will not sound if you just pull on the handle.
It has tilt sensors to alarm in case of a tow and motion sensors on the interior (either side of the map lights) to sense motion on the inside.

One way to test this is to roll your windows down, exit your vehicle and lock the doors via the remote. The exterior lights will flash once when armed.

Wait 30 seconds for system to arm and stick your arm through the open window. The alarm will sound.
Old 6/19/05, 12:26 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66@June 19, 2005, 8:29 AM
The alarm will not sound if you just pull on the handle.
It has tilt sensors to alarm in case of a tow and motion sensors on the interior (either side of the map lights) to sense motion on the inside.

One way to test this is to roll your windows down, exit your vehicle and lock the doors via the remote. The exterior lights will flash once when armed.

Wait 30 seconds for system to arm and stick your arm through the open window. The alarm will sound.
With my car, when the alarm is set and the windows are open, the alarm will go off sometimes when someone just walks past the car. Under certain circumstances it came be a little embarrassing!
Old 6/19/05, 06:39 PM
V6 Member

What exactly does the Active Anti Theft do? Does this include a tracker that you can activate via GPS if your car gets stolen?
Old 6/19/05, 10:21 PM
FR500 Member

No tracker.....it has sensors inside the car so someone can't just reach in and grab someting and it has sensors that set the alarm off if the car is lifted to tow it. I found that you also can't lift the car high enough to remove the wheels without it setting off the alarm.
Old 6/20/05, 06:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

There are also switches on the hood and trunk that will set off the alarm if opened.
Old 6/20/05, 08:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The alarm will also sound if a passanger spills his drink in the car.
Old 6/20/05, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

I have had my mustang for about 6 months now and I am just curious about whether or not the alarm will sound if someone tries to pull the handle??
Definitly not, wich kinda stinks IMO! Just the other night, one of the only nights I have left my stang out of the garage, we had 5 cars broken into my neighborhood! They did not get into mine, and the alarm was set, but they did try. They got into my wifes van and heisted her XM radio. The reason I know they tried was that I saw the hand marks around the door handles and on the windows on both sides of the car. Luckily the sh** heads weren't toting tools! All the vehicles they got into were unlocked, including the van :bang: . Whenever I get out of mine, including in the garage for the night, it is locked and the alarm set.
I would definitly like to find a way to wire the door handles into the alarm (electronics is another hobby of mine). If that is to much of a PITA, especially without schematics, than I might at least wire in a pair of micro-switch's and a relay inside the door frames next to the handle & lock linkage. One switch could be wired up so that when the door is locked, it would arm the relay, the second switch would be on the handle linkage so that if the handle is pulled, it would trigger the relay to blow the horn for as long as the handle is up, or a small timer circuit could keep it sounding for any amount of time you configure it for.
Simple and crude, but it would most likely scare the p*ss out of anyone trying to open your door in the middle of the night , and they might even leave it alone!! And yes, before anyone asks, I do have several different High-Voltage circuits and devices that theoretically could be connected to the handles and would flat just knock one of these punks to the ground for you to find after the alarm goes off. But because of realities, legalities, and my families safety, I won't go that far.
I have been thinking about this quite a bit since the other night :angry:
jeff
Old 6/22/05, 10:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I read where they disabled the Global Window system (I think that's what it is called) where you press and hold the unlock button and the windows roll down. So I went out to my car tonight to try it and it worked! I held down the unlock button and the windows rolled down. I thought that was cool. Doesn't that come w/ Active anti-theft?
Old 6/23/05, 08:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Cam07@June 22, 2005, 11:50 PM
Doesn't that come w/ Active anti-theft?
Yes.