Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh boy. thats classec
Old 10/21/05, 02:04 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@October 21, 2005, 1:22 PM
No problem, Ian.

For the record though, I'm a professional Web Developer for the largest publisher of Alternative Newsweeklies in the country.

D'oh!
wn3d:

Old 10/21/05, 02:08 PM
FR500 Member

If you still need anything let me know
Old 10/21/05, 02:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MojoKhan@October 21, 2005, 12:29 PM
Please define "alternative".
One of the best newspapers the city of Phoenix has EVER had!!! The New Times is entertaining, informative, and they LOVE messing with the Nations most ludicruis excuse for a Sheriff, Joe Arpaio! Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna start boarding up my house in preparation for my door being arbitrarily broken down by the Sheriff's deputies...
Old 10/21/05, 02:37 PM
FR500 Member

Old 10/25/05, 10:36 AM
V6 Member

Hey Acadian,
Just checking to see how things are going with you and your family, hoping all is well. I was still wondering if you were going to raffle off your beautiful mustang??? I haven't been on here much, and have run thur the forums just briefly. Just checking let me know. Thanks and god bless you and yours.
Tammijoe
Old 10/25/05, 11:34 AM
FR500 Member

Tammy, thanks for checking up on me. As far as the raffle goes, two members of TMS... rrobello and JessicaRabbitt... are looking into possibly having their club, Surfsidemustangs, host the raffle. But, as with all legal matters, it's taking some time to work out the details.

However, and I don't want to speak too soon here, but my wife just received her unemployment checks (which we though we wouldn't get because she's in school and the feds were trying to keep it from her ) and we also got 2 rather large deposits into our bank account directly from FEMA. That, along with me getting some side jobs building fences (since half the fences are down around here because of the hurricane) I may just be able to keep the car, while still building the house. But I won't know for a while. At least it buys me some time though.

Now, the raffle still may happen. Having this car, while building the house, is going to be really tough. Even if I have a second job. That's not to say I might not be able to make it work, but I'd rather give up my car so my family doesn't have to suffer. They'll pay me back one day down the line when I get a new stang.
Old 10/25/05, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's good to hear about the money that you've recently received. At least it relieves some stress!
Old 10/25/05, 12:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Acadian, for what it's worth, KEEP YOUR CAR!! I remember when you and I were talking about mineral gray and the distinctiveness of the color.

If there are other ways to manage the finances, given your wife's unemployment income and your side jobs, DO IT!!

I am pulling for ya, man whatever way you need to go!

PS - Have you considered a re-finance on your car loan?
Old 10/25/05, 12:44 PM
FR500 Member

Yeah, it definitely helps. Speaking of stress, I actually went to my doctor last week and told him my situation, along with the reason I was there... migraines, not being able to sleep, etc. He put me on some depression medicine that I found out is given to people who are suicidal. That made me feel really good. The medicine works though... it calms me down and helps me sleep at night, that's for sure.
Old 10/25/05, 12:48 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Tony Alonso@October 25, 2005, 1:35 PM
Acadian, for what it's worth, KEEP YOUR CAR!! I remember when you and I were talking about mineral gray and the distinctiveness of the color.

If there are other ways to manage the finances, given your wife's unemployment income and your side jobs, DO IT!!

I am pulling for ya, man whatever way you need to go!

PS - Have you considered a re-finance on your car loan?
Tony, I remember that, bro. Thanks for the support. I'm gonna try and keep her if I can. As far as refinancing, I had just refinanced my land/house loan about a year ago when the rates were really good. And I know when I got my car, the rates were really good too. I can try though... thanks for the advice.
Old 10/25/05, 01:05 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Why is it illegal to raffle your car?

considered gambling?
Old 10/25/05, 01:42 PM
FR500 Member

Yes, exactly. You need a license to do it. And you can only get a license if you are a not-for-profit organization. Sighhh....
Old 10/25/05, 02:48 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
can't we just do it anyway and not tell anyone....
Old 10/25/05, 02:58 PM
FR500 Member

Trust me, I thought about that. But they'll be a money trail. The IRS is going to want to know where the money came from, and why I sold my car to someone for next to nothing.
Old 10/26/05, 08:46 AM
V6 Member

Acadian, I am so glad to hear you may be able to keep your mustang. I know how hard it can be to have to sell it. In
1983 my husband bought me my first Mustang GT. It was Black, with a 5 speed, 302 boss. I loved that car but had to sell it after a while because of family reasons. Well needless to say I have had other mustangs since, but that was my first Mustang, but like you my family came first. But now that I have my 05 there is nothing like it. I wasn't even in the market for another mustang until my husband came home and said lets take a ride. He first saw my 05 at the dealership and fell in love with it, and needless to say so did I and still do. I have been praying for you and your family for things to work out, and I sure everyone else has also. So keep your head high, and take things day by day. Once again good luck and god bless.
Old 10/26/05, 12:52 PM
FR500 Member

Tammy, thanks for the story and for the kind words. And keep praying... I think it's working.

Nice car, by the way. I can see why you and your hubby fell in love with that car and color. By the way, I see you are in Baton Rouge. I'll be passing through Baton Rouge Monday, November 7th in the afternoon, and am already meeting up with a TMS member to let him hear my SLP exhaust so he can decide if he wants it too. We should try and get a local TMS meet together.
Old 10/26/05, 06:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Ian, I have not had much time to spend on the forums lately, but with some down time tonight I thought I'd pop on and "catch up" so to speak. This was the first one I clicked on and boy it's a difficult read! I'm so sorry to hear about all of this!

As I read this post from start to finish it was like an emotional roller coaster ride. I was going to throw my bid in for a ticket or two and still will if that's what ends up taking place. But after reading the last couple of post I'm hopeful that you will be able to work things out and keep your car.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Just wait till you see how much your new baby will change the way you look at EVERYTHING! My son is 17 now but I can still remember what it felt like to hold him for the first time. Looking at that new little face can make even the darkest clouds just disapear!

When I would go through tough times in my life my mom would always tell me: If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it.

I'm sure things will get better, just hang in there! Oh and you better post BABY PICTURES!!!!
Old 10/27/05, 03:11 PM
V6 Member

Acadian, I am hoping one day mine will look as good yours. :P There is so much I want to do, but scared to take that plunge..... My husband wants me to take my time because I will be driving her for a long time.. :drive: .....which is ok with me. I love driving my Stang.
Have a good one, take care. And yes weall need to try to get together in or around Baton Rouge.

Quick Reply: Acadian's "Shelby" (GT350 tribute) is up for sale