2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

?? about Shelby GT-H taking orders in Dec??

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/06, 09:07 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
?? about Shelby GT-H taking orders in Dec??

I was at a dealer the other day and I was talking about the Roush they had there and I told the dealer that I was really looking to get a CS.

He said I should wait that Ford is starting to take orders for the Shelby DT-H starting in Dec and they will start building them as well.

Is this True and how much $$$???

I am sorry if this has already been covered here - but I did a search and coudlt find the answer.

thanks -

Mark
Old 10/1/06, 09:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I believe that your dealer is refering to the Shelby GT. As far as I know the Shelby GT-H will only be able as a used vehicle when Hertz is done with them.
Old 10/1/06, 09:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I believe that your dealer is refering to the Shelby GT. As far as I know the Shelby GT-H will only be able as a used vehicle when Hertz is done with them.
\

Yes you are right - sorry - I will do a search for the Shelby Gt - sorry about the post...

Mark
Old 10/2/06, 04:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Let me help. There is a big section for the Shelby GT already here under the modified stang section.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/forumdisplay.php?f=121
Old 10/2/06, 05:51 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
You're lucky. Most salesmen have no idea what a Shelby-GT is, much less when they'll be available.
Old 10/3/06, 08:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY

THe gt-h will also be available to purchase brand new from Ford. No details yet on how many they will produce. I believe it was reported in C&D magazine.
Old 10/3/06, 08:43 PM

Are you sure you read that right? I'd have to see more confirmation before I believe that. (no offense) That was the whole point of the Shelby-GT. To make one the public could buy since they couldn't buy the GT-H. At least not new anyway.
Old 10/3/06, 08:44 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by robair
THe gt-h will also be available to purchase brand new from Ford. No details yet on how many they will produce. I believe it was reported in C&D magazine.
That's the first time of heard that.
Old 10/3/06, 09:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Nope... not a chance. Shelby GT-H's being auctioned. Shelby GT's available new from dealers.
Old 10/4/06, 03:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just like RMAC stated, the Shelby GT you can buy new. The 500 Shelby GT-H's will be sold once they reach about 6000 miles on the odo according to a statement from Hertz. They mentioned some being sold by auction and some being sold to Ford dealerships for resale...they will still be used by multiple renters. Which means you don't know who dogged out the car before you got it.
Old 10/6/06, 09:04 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RMac
Nope... not a chance. Shelby GT-H's being auctioned. Shelby GT's available new from dealers.
Read it for yourself, you don't have to take my word. Not saying they will be easy to get, but they will sell brand new production models.

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...announced.html
Old 10/6/06, 09:17 AM

Go back and read the article you posted. It doesn't say the Shelby GT-H will be available for sale. Only the Shelby GT.
Old 10/6/06, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
Go back and read the article you posted. It doesn't say the Shelby GT-H will be available for sale. Only the Shelby GT.
I think the article is written poorly. Thus contributing to the confusion.
Old 10/6/06, 04:01 PM
GT Member

It's the exact same car, whether it has the "H" after the GT or not. They are obviously not referring to the Shelby GT. The only difference is that you can get it with a stick and also be able to disable the traction control. But whatever. You can buy the used ragged out version if you need the "H" on it.
Old 10/6/06, 08:28 PM

It's the exact same car, whether it has the "H" after the GT or not. They are obviously not referring to the Shelby GT. The only difference is that you can get it with a stick and also be able to disable the traction control. But whatever. You can buy the used ragged out version if you need the "H" on it.
Actually there are several differences other than the trans and the "H".
Rear end gears are different, the hood is different, the colors are different and according to the FRPP website, the rear brakes are different.
And you can order options such as a supercharger on the Shelby GT. (plus the usual factory options)

Oh, and how is it "They are obviously not referring to the Shelby GT"? That's exactly what the article is about; the Shelby GT.
Old 10/7/06, 06:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

The article on the first line states it is the 2007 Shelby GT then it goes through a list of items on the car. "Like the Hertz...Unlike the Hertz" shows some of the similarities and the differences of the two cars.

They are talking about the mass hysteria over the limited (500) Shelby GT-H's and the result of them making a production Shelby GT for the consumers. I look forward to getting mine.
Old 10/7/06, 03:27 PM
GT Member

Actually there are several differences other than the trans and the "H".
Rear end gears are different, the hood is different, the colors are different and according to the FRPP website, the rear brakes are different.
And you can order options such as a supercharger on the Shelby GT. (plus the usual factory options)

Oh, and how is it "They are obviously not referring to the Shelby GT"? That's exactly what the article is about; the Shelby GT.

The Shelby GT will have 500hp. This production version of the GT-H will have 325 with the cold air intake. You will not have the option of the 5.4. Yeah, there are some other differences, but they are for the better and like it or not, it is a GT-H, and not the Shelby GT that will go for a lot more.
Old 10/7/06, 04:06 PM

The Shelby GT will have 500hp. This production version of the GT-H will have 325 with the cold air intake. You will not have the option of the 5.4. Yeah, there are some other differences, but they are for the better and like it or not, it is a GT-H, and not the Shelby GT that will go for a lot more.
I have to say that you are severly confused. Maybe you should take a little time to read other threads on this and various other mustang boards.
Old 10/7/06, 04:58 PM

Ah. Now I see where the confusion is. What you're calling the Shelby GT (500 hp) is the Shelby GT500. The "production version of the GT-H", as you call it, is what the Shelby GT really is. So now we're talking about 3 different cars. They are:
2006 Shelby GT-H
2007 Shelby GT
2007 Shelby GT500

The Shelby GT, which is what the article is refering to, is a close copy of the GT-H, other than the differences I already mentioned. It is coming out this January. It's a Mustang GT modified by the Shelby company (just like the GT-H) as oppossed to the GT500 which is built from scratch by Ford at the factory. Some would say this makes it more of a true Shelby.

I hope this clears things up. Are you thinking about buying one of the new ones in January? I'd hate to see how much the dealers are going to mark them up.
Old 10/7/06, 05:18 PM
GT Member

Yeah, I can see where the one I was referring to is actually called a GT500. All I was pointing out was that you can get something very similiar to the GT-H brand new. Though it may be called a Shelby GT, mostpeople will still know that it is really a production version of the GT-H.