2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The Aarons 499

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/05 | 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

What's wrong with Gordon you ask?

Well, besides driving a bowtie he's a cheat & a whinner. As is Stewart who along with Harvick both have attitude problems.

When you have to bump to win, that's not racing. If you won fair then you wouldn't have to bump, you could & would pass clean. Gordon has stolen more race by bumping his way ti the lead than by cleanly takeing them. And that, to me is cheating.

Also. Several years ago he had hit Rusty Wallace twice in the Bristol night race & then Rusty hit him & took him out. Gordon got out of the car & was whinning about it because he got some of his own medicine & didn't like the taste. Too bad. If you are big enough to dish it you had better be big enough to take it.

Stewart, a whinner with an attitude prob yes, a cheat maybe not soo much so. One race about 2 years ago he was whinning because Labonte let Newman back on the lead lap. Saying it's shouldn't be allowed. You shouldn't just slow up & give people their laps back." The very next race he was bumping on Newman under the caution & whinning after the race because Newman didn't slow up & let him have his lap back.

Not to mention his attitude. Sure you've had a bad race & you get out of the car, the last thing you want to see is a reporter. But it's part of the show. Live with it & learn how to handle it, or do something else.

Harvick & Biffle, Bristol spring Bush race 3 years ago. Harvick & Rudd night Richmond race 2 years ago. Nuff said.

Now don't get me wrong. I love a good fude between the drivers. Bit some of them draw a line & others have no lines or boundries for what they will do in retaliation.

Now ALL of that being said. I was rooting for Stewart yesterday in the last 2 laps. Hoping against hope that ANYONE BUT Gordon would win. I would root for my neighbors goldfish before I rooted for Gordon. But if he's up front & in the position I am a Rusty Wallace fan to the core & he would have my vote even over the goldfish.

Now that I am sure I have ticked a few of you off by voicing my opinion. Bring on the flames. I can handle them.

~*~Kera~*~
Old 5/2/05 | 10:54 AM

I've pretty much pulled for Stewart because I used to work for Home Depot for 7 years (8 years ago). He does have an attitude, but he's had therapy. All the drivers whine when it doesn't go there way or when they can't get the right setup on their car for specific tracks. We just don't hear about it because they weren't in the top 5 or top 10. As far as bumping...Every single driver out there does it. If you don't think they do, you're mistaken. It's part of the race. They ride up on the rearend to make them get loose. They bump to get them to wake em up.
Old 5/2/05 | 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't like those stripes, I think they should run the length of the car. Those are Ford tack-on accessory stripes! But it was nice to see the GT every time the yellow or red flag went out! How bout' them crashes!
Old 5/2/05 | 12:49 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kerafaith@May 2, 2005, 12:36 PM
What's wrong with Gordon you ask?

Well, besides driving a bowtie he's a cheat & a whinner. As is Stewart who along with Harvick both have attitude problems.

When you have to bump to win, that's not racing. If you won fair then you wouldn't have to bump, you could & would pass clean. Gordon has stolen more race by bumping his way ti the lead than by cleanly takeing them. And that, to me is cheating.

Also. Several years ago he had hit Rusty Wallace twice in the Bristol night race & then Rusty hit him & took him out. Gordon got out of the car & was whinning about it because he got some of his own medicine & didn't like the taste. Too bad. If you are big enough to dish it you had better be big enough to take it.

Stewart, a whinner with an attitude prob yes, a cheat maybe not soo much so. One race about 2 years ago he was whinning because Labonte let Newman back on the lead lap. Saying it's shouldn't be allowed. You shouldn't just slow up & give people their laps back." The very next race he was bumping on Newman under the caution & whinning after the race because Newman didn't slow up & let him have his lap back.

Not to mention his attitude. Sure you've had a bad race & you get out of the car, the last thing you want to see is a reporter. But it's part of the show. Live with it & learn how to handle it, or do something else.

Harvick & Biffle, Bristol spring Bush race 3 years ago. Harvick & Rudd night Richmond race 2 years ago. Nuff said.

Now don't get me wrong. I love a good fude between the drivers. Bit some of them draw a line & others have no lines or boundries for what they will do in retaliation.

Now ALL of that being said. I was rooting for Stewart yesterday in the last 2 laps. Hoping against hope that ANYONE BUT Gordon would win. I would root for my neighbors goldfish before I rooted for Gordon. But if he's up front & in the position I am a Rusty Wallace fan to the core & he would have my vote even over the goldfish.

Now that I am sure I have ticked a few of you off by voicing my opinion. Bring on the flames. I can handle them.

~*~Kera~*~
I respect your opinion. Besides, I can't flame another Mustang fan! We can disagree on whether or not bumping should be a part of NASCAR, but it definitely is a big part. I remember when I first started watching NASCAR and Dale, I kept thinking "Is that legal? Why is that legal?" So I hear you. Of course, with just a few laps to go yesterday, Gordon passed three people cleanly - no bumping involved.

As for attitude, Gordon is all about winning. He's mad when he doesn't win and that's a big part of why he's been so successful. I saw an interview with him after he won from 3 laps down a few weeks ago and he said (essentially) "I race because I love to win." Not the other way around. When he went on the grass to get around Rusty (at the Glen, maybe?) about 5 years ago, he said "I would have gone to the hot dog truck to get around him." Frankly, I wish every person on every team that I like had the same attitude about winning as Jeff Gordon!

As long as it's within the rules, it's okay. It would also help everyone if NASCAR enforced its own rules a little more consistently.

I like Rusty as an ambassador for the sport, but sometimes I get the feeling that he lost his passion for racing (and winning) a long time ago. By the way, his brother does a good job on Speed and was actually doing well in the race yesterday until he got bumped by Jimmie Johnson and landed in the "big one."
Old 5/2/05 | 01:09 PM

Love cars, don't like NASCAR, with all the rules, all the cars are the SAME, no need to be a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge fan, they are all the same. Kinda like watching a tennis match IMO. Stock cars? Show me a car sold in the U.S. with a carburetor. How about an unlimited class, no rules or restrictions. Make it go as fast as you can and put on the track, that would be something to watch.
Old 5/2/05 | 02:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by hbmach@May 2, 2005, 1:12 PM
Love cars, don't like NASCAR, with all the rules, all the cars are the SAME, no need to be a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge fan, they are all the same. Kinda like watching a tennis match IMO. Stock cars? Show me a car sold in the U.S. with a carburetor. How about an unlimited class, no rules or restrictions. Make it go as fast as you can and put on the track, that would be something to watch.

:scratch: