2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

AAFES Overseas military new car sales

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/04, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in the Marine Corps stationed in South Caroina. I am going overseas to Afghanistan for six months in about two weeks. I have heard about and did some research on AAFES overseas military new car sales. Supposedly, you can get some pretty good deals on new cars form what I've heard. All I know is that you have to stationed overseas for at least 20 days and then you can order a car however you want and start the payments on it, and have it delivered to whatever dealer you want. I am planning on ordering an 05 GT while I am over there. Has anyone ever heard of this? Any military or prior-service members? It sounds like a pretty good deal. Please help me out.
Old 11/13/04, 03:52 PM
Cobra R Member

The regs. may have changed since I was in... I think it only covers for thoses that intend on using the car where they are stationed.
Shipping fees aren't bad, but if you are in a country were they tax everything about your automobile (ex: Jeep in Japan - Registration $200 US, Inspection $800 US, Road usage fee/tax $200, meeting standards emissions/other $2000 US)
wish I had more(current) info.
Old 11/13/04, 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Welcome to the list ocam, here is the deal. Exchange New Car Sales will handle your order. I am not even sure whether you need to be there 20 days, but anyway, all your answers are here. http://www.encs.com/

I ordered mine through them, and with their guaranteed pricing, there is no X-plan or A-plan stuff, if your Dad works for Ford, etc, but you won't get ripped off. They have special prices negotiated with all the major companies, where it ends up being a bit below MSRP, so you're way ahead of the "fair market value" boys.

The military discount ended Sept. 30th, but I think you will be getting some extra money off because you will be in a combat zone.

Before you go, go to that website and get the number for the New York Office, and give them a call, they are good people, who aren't out to sc**w the Soldier, (or Marine in your case).

Good Luck, and keep your head down out there, my 173rd Airborne buddies will be joining you soon. :flag2: :w00t:
Old 11/13/04, 04:10 PM

You can use the AAFES program if you do an Afghanistan or Iraq tour. In fact, the reps are now stationed over there, but you can do it by phone or email too. Once you're over there, contact the new cars salesperson. Give them the state you plan on receiving the car from (probably SC) and they will set up delivery to the location in SC of your choice. You will pay all the standard taxes and fees that any other military sale in SC would pay.

As far as pricing, it's pretty decent. The best aspect is being able to get the EXACT car you want,,, even limited production stuff.

Also, you can begin making payments into their little payment program. It's a pretty decent program that returns 7%. Once you take delivery they will apply whatever you put down (to include interest) to the loan.

Another little secret of the program is the rebate. From the day you order until final delivery, AFNCS will track all Ford rebates and give you the largest rebate that rolled in between ordering and delivery.

I'll definately be using the program next fall (during Iraq) to get in line for a Cobra.
Old 11/13/04, 04:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by flyer351@November 13, 2004, 5:13 PM
You can use the AAFES program if you do an Afghanistan or Iraq tour. In fact, the reps are now stationed over there, but you can do it by phone or email too. Once you're over there, contact the new cars salesperson. Give them the state you plan on receiving the car from (probably SC) and they will set up delivery to the location in SC of your choice. You will pay all the standard taxes and fees that any other military sale in SC would pay.

As far as pricing, it's pretty decent. The best aspect is being able to get the EXACT car you want,,, even limited production stuff.

Also, you can begin making payments into their little payment program. It's a pretty decent program that returns 7%. Once you take delivery they will apply whatever you put down (to include interest) to the loan.

Another little secret of the program is the rebate. From the day you order until final delivery, AFNCS will track all Ford rebates and give you the largest rebate that rolled in between ordering and delivery.

I'll definately be using the program next fall (during Iraq) to get in line for a Cobra.
Part right, part wrong.... Every car is a special order, so you get what you want, and delivery to dealers is easily done.

I hope they change their policy before you go to Iraq, but for some reason you have NOT been able to order SVT vehicles in the past. Don't know why this is, since in my case I would be in a position to "exercise" the Cobra the way it was mean't to be.

Corvettes were rationed again this year, and the '06 allotment was sold out 3 months ago. It's really difficult to get a Viper too, if you have that kind of money.

But yes, their low price guarantee means that if they quote you a price, and it goes up later, you get the lower price.

If you are waiting on a Cobra, or whatever they are going to name the SE for 06/07, I would make friends with your local dealer and explain the future to him/her. Put a C-note on it, and just keep in E-mail touch. Commo is not as bad as it used to be.
Old 11/13/04, 04:27 PM

Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate it.
Old 11/13/04, 06:41 PM

Exclamation

[quote]Originally posted by Deathdealer@November 13, 2004, 5:24 PM
Originally Posted by
I hope they change their policy before you go to Iraq, but for some reason you have NOT been able to order SVT vehicles in the past. Don't know why this is, since in my case I would be in a position to "exercise" the Cobra the way it was mean't to be.[/QUOTE
I hope that's not the case anymore. I forgot to ask in Korea, but during Bosnia in '00 the ENCS salesdude said he could order me an SVT Lightning. Thanks for the heads up,, I'm going to email an ENCS rep and see if they can do the SVT thing. If not, I'll go to plan B.
Old 11/13/04, 07:21 PM

Hey Chris, I am a Marine here at Kadena and I ordered a 05 Mustang from ENCS. From what I gather , I saved about 2100 off MSRP plus I don't have to worry about stupid dealers trying tp rip me off. I ordered 10/22 and already haved a build date and a vin number. They keep you posted on the different steps at the factory and when it gets shipped. And plus there are other extra benifits as well.
Old 11/13/04, 07:30 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Deathdealer@November 13, 2004, 5:24 PM

I hope they change their policy before you go to Iraq, but for some reason you have NOT been able to order SVT vehicles in the past. Don't know why this is, since in my case I would be in a position to "exercise" the Cobra the way it was mean't to be.
I don't see why that would matter? There won't be any SVTs for at least a year, probably 2 ... so that doesn't really make a difference ...
Old 11/13/04, 08:14 PM

Thanks for the good news DJEmert. 2100 bucks is a lot. Maybe I can get something similar. If that's the case, then I will be ordering one when I get over to the sandbox. By the way, if you're on Kadena, you must be with MWLK right?
Old 11/14/04, 02:38 AM

Yes and no... MWLK is hosting us here, but I am with VMFA 533 on west pac from Beaufort. We go back in Jan to Beaufort and my delivery date is Jan 10th. You can go to ENCS.com and get a price quote. When I order my mustang, there was a 1000 rebate which is not there, but you still will save some money by ordering through ENCS.
DJ
Old 11/14/04, 05:04 AM
V6 Member

I am in Iraq right now currently in the process of trying to purchase a 2005 Mustang GT from ENCS. I did a little research and found some dealerships back in the states willing to sell the car for $500 over invoice, and since ENCS will guarantee the lowest price they are currently working on beating it. I orginally spoke with them on the 31 of Oct and right now they are crunching numbers for me, but they told me they could have the car I wanted on the 20th of January when I get home. I'll keep you guys informed on what I ended up paying and how the service was.
Old 11/14/04, 05:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+November 13, 2004, 8:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ November 13, 2004, 8:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Deathdealer@November 13, 2004, 5:24 PM

I don't see why that would matter? There won't be any SVTs for at least a year, probably 2 ... so that doesn't really make a difference ... [/b][/quote]
It matters, Grantsdale, because since they accept orders before final pricing comes out, they will be process them with what they call an "estimated uplift"

For example this year their estimated uplift was more than it turned out to be, and I saved $150. It would have been more, but the new price for the Shaker 1000 was more than expected. Whichever way it had turned out, the low price is guaranteed.

If Ford goes ahead and announces an '06 Cobra, perhaps to begin selling mid-year, he could order it ahead of time IF Exchange New Car Sales changes their policy..

If he is in Iraq for an entire friggin year starting Fall '05, that would definitely carry him till the '07 models were announced.

With no speed limits on slightly more than 50% of the autobahn, if you aren't hampered by traffic you can unleash the ponies pretty safely.

Personally I haven't driven faster than about 135 mph (in a Mercedes 500SEL) but I've got video of a friend chasing down (unsuccessfully) two Porsche GT's at 160+ in his Cobra. Wild stuff.
Old 11/14/04, 06:49 AM
Bullitt Member

what i was told when i went into my aafees dealer- that they dont charge taxes.... good and fine... until you go back to the states- then depending on what state you go back to- you have to pay the taxes right there- up front- all of it- so- if you're serious about purchasing overseas- do your homework- i personally didnt like the fact that i would have to pay money when i got back to the states for a car i would have had for 2 years already- so i'm trying to buy from my husband's uncle in the states- so i could have tax tag and title included- and have the military ship it for me- but do what works for you and good luck! and stay safe overthere-
Old 11/14/04, 08:26 AM

I'm from Beaufort! I'm leaving pretty soon though.
Old 11/14/04, 09:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

I bought mine from ENCS, I'm in Greenland, used the Iceland office via email. Paid a total of $24,923.50 for a loaded GT Premium. I bought back in June before they had to actual prices so they had to do some guesswork, and I think I made out a little on some of it. I do have to pay the Tax Tag and Title when I pick it up in Florida next month, which will be about $1900.00. I"ve been very happy with the whole process so far and the dealership even emailed me photos of the car when it arrived on the 2nd. They parked it and locked it, it has 4.8 miles on it.

Good luck on your purchase and stay alert. I'll be over in Iraq next fall.
Old 11/14/04, 07:42 PM

So who are you with in Beaufort. And like AFCOP 13 said, when you get back to the states and find a better deal, ENCS will honor it. So no matter what, it is a win win deal, plus you get your car with the options you want!!!!!!
Old 11/17/04, 09:41 AM
V6 Member

I just wanted to update you guys on ENCS program I was going to use to buy my new 2005 GT. The price they quoted me was 1200 over the invoice of the vehicle. They told me that they would have to check with there New York office in order to try and match the price I received. Following that, they told me the earliest I could get my vehicle was in March. So I ended up cancelling it and going with a dealer in WA who sold it to me for $500 over invoice and told me the vehicle would be here in 8-9 weeks.
Old 11/17/04, 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Glad to hear it all worked out in the end. Congrats and enjoy your new car.

**Just 27 days til I pick her up!!!**
Old 11/17/04, 11:21 AM

Hey I am a Marine here too interested in all of the same things, i am currently in Kuwait and i am looking to buy an 05 gt, thanks for all of the information everyone. hey devil dogs happy belated 229th birthday OORAHH!!!

brandon.mitalas@kcab.centaf.af.mil

Quick Reply: AAFES Overseas military new car sales