2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

AAAAAAAAHHHH! MORE Bad News From The Body Shop!

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/04, 02:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

So the bumper is off of it... they finally got all the parts they needed this Monday. Pay 26k for a car, then force your customers to wait two weeks for spare parts. Way to go, Ford.
My parts came in from all over the country, lol. Bumper from Kansas, bumper cover from the plant itself... parts from a couple other places that I can't remember at the moment.
Anyway, my father and I went to check on the car around 10PM like we do every night. And the one night it's raining, they LEAVE IT OUTSIDE. The alarm wasn't even activated. Way to f-ing go. They kept it in the service garage faithfully every night EXCEPT tonight. They are darn lucky the front bumper is off of the car, because if it wasn't, I would have driven it the 20 miles back home and left a cute little note for them.
Now, I'm going to have to take a clay bar to the car to get off the water spots when I get her back. And so much for getting it back before my temp registration is expired... they STILL haven't painted the hood/fender chips or sprayed the underside of the subframe, and my car has been there for 8 days now! It's going to take at least two or three more days, minimum. They still have all the paint jobs, and who knows if they even painted the new bumper yet. They need to realign the hood, then they have to slap on the new bumper, fix the small crinkle in the driver's side front fender, and the front wheels still need to be realigned.
heck, the registration will probably be expired by the time they drive it to their realignment place down the road, and with my luck, the cops will pull them over and tow the car!
I'm just really frustrated right now....
Old 12/7/04, 03:40 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@December 7, 2004, 3:05 AM
So the bumper is off of it... they finally got all the parts they needed this Monday. Pay 26k for a car, then force your customers to wait two weeks for spare parts. Way to go, Ford.
My parts came in from all over the country, lol. Bumper from Kansas, bumper cover from the plant itself... parts from a couple other places that I can't remember at the moment.
Anyway, my father and I went to check on the car around 10PM like we do every night. And the one night it's raining, they LEAVE IT OUTSIDE. The alarm wasn't even activated. Way to f-ing go. They kept it in the service garage faithfully every night EXCEPT tonight. They are darn lucky the front bumper is off of the car, because if it wasn't, I would have driven it the 20 miles back home and left a cute little note for them.
Now, I'm going to have to take a clay bar to the car to get off the water spots when I get her back. And so much for getting it back before my temp registration is expired... they STILL haven't painted the hood/fender chips or sprayed the underside of the subframe, and my car has been there for 8 days now! It's going to take at least two or three more days, minimum. They still have all the paint jobs, and who knows if they even painted the new bumper yet. They need to realign the hood, then they have to slap on the new bumper, fix the small crinkle in the driver's side front fender, and the front wheels still need to be realigned.
heck, the registration will probably be expired by the time they drive it to their realignment place down the road, and with my luck, the cops will pull them over and tow the car!
Hey there,

I'm not sure this applies to your situation, but I can tell you that whenI traded my Mini Coper in for my stang, they asked if there had been any body/paint work done on the car. I said yes, because I had a door repaired that somone hit ina parking lot. The body work was completed by a ford dealership. They deducted $1,200 from my trade allowance, stating it ALWAYS lowers the value of a car.

Not good news to hear I know, but I would have a conversation with your dealership in regards to trade-in allowances in the future with your stang.

Jim
Old 12/7/04, 04:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

(shrugs) Well, I'm not going through insurance (doesn't cost enough to be feasible), so no one but me needs to know about the replaced bumper. Besides, I never do trade-ins. I always do private sales. I don't like giving any more money to dealerships than I have to.
Old 12/7/04, 05:38 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Did I miss what happened to it?
Sorry to hear about all the mess. I would have in order.
Old 12/7/04, 06:34 AM
I'm people, and I like.

crap. sorry to hear that, Charlie
Old 12/7/04, 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs down

Well, just got off the phone with the body shop. It may be sitting around without a bumper for the next week, because they had to order ANOTHER part. The headlight cover is cracked on the bottom. Yep, so there's another two weeks, I suppose.
Someone shoot me. Now. :bang:
Old 12/7/04, 01:41 PM
FR500 Member

:flame2:
Old 12/7/04, 01:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why can't you drive it until the parts come in?
Old 12/7/04, 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

I say you sue these guys for making you live without your mustang! That's just not right...
Old 12/7/04, 03:18 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That happened to me just recently to get my bumper replaced. All they had to do was replace the bumper cover and it took 2 weeks. Apparently the part they needed to clip the bumper to was on a nationwide shortage. I don't care cuz I got a free SUV for 2 weeks.
Old 12/7/04, 03:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Well at least the guys at the body shop have an 05 to tool around in and break stuff...just kidding, I hope.

When I had my 02 in the shop for repairs and painting, the shop steward drove my car home every night and burned a half a tank of gas. Not to my knowlege did this happen. I only discovered this when a mechanic scraped my car on the day it was to be given back to me and it had to get repainted. The steward told me that he was going to drive it home to keep it safe from toolbelts and stuff. 180 miles later I got my car back!
Old 12/7/04, 03:56 PM
Bullitt Member

:angry:
Old 12/7/04, 06:35 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@December 7, 2004, 3:05 AM
no offense...but I bet the body shop wants to get the car back to you as quick as possible...you're sounding a tad obsessive....by the way Carfax will pick up the damage report...anyone looking for high performance cars usually take the time to check Carfax out...
Old 12/7/04, 10:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not mad at the body shop for the time... it's not their fault Ford isn't building many spare parts for this car. They can't do anything with the car if they don't have the parts.
The only thing I'm mad about is that they promised to keep it garaged, ESPECIALLY when it was raining out. The fact that they left it outside when it was raining AND they didn't even bother to LOCK THE DOORS got me p'oed. I think anyone on this board with a brand new 2005 Mustang GT would be mad if they had to take the car in for work and the shop didn't bother to even lock the doors before going home. That's just BEGGING for any loser to open up the door, knife the leather seats, **** on your seats/carpet, steal the car, etc.
Old 12/7/04, 10:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not worried about the mileage for two reasons:
1. I trust these guys. They are good long time friends of my father. He used to race with a few of them.
2. I wrote down the mileage on the estimate, so I have a record of what the mileage was beforehand.

I can't drive it home because they already took the entire bumper (not just the bumper cover) off the car. Couldn't drive it anyhow... it's going to be a miserable week weather-wise in NJ. Today was really disgusting. The fog was kind of cool, though.