2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

5 month GT wait, BIGTIME LETDOWN

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/05, 05:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wait and get what you ordered if they can garuntee ya they will get it for oyu in 05 and fairly soon. You have waited a long time and dont settle. You will always kick yourself and say what if instead of lving the car you wanted. I know its no help but it sounds like you are going to definitely get your car while it is looking more and more like alot of us wont. So get the MG and think of us poor drooling saps staring at your nice ride with envy
Old 5/5/05, 06:12 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole+May 5, 2005, 11:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nichole @ May 5, 2005, 11:54 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin@May 5, 2005, 12:39 PM
But it is impossible that the VIN on the DORA matches the VIN on the car. THe paint code is part of the VIN.
The paint code is not part of the VIN.
See: https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_...dfs/VIN2005.pdf
or any VIN decoder.
[/b][/quote]

Hmmm, I always thought it was, guess it was the engine code I was thinking about. Silly me.
Old 5/5/05, 06:37 PM
Cobra Member

David ,

What a bite on the rear. :bang: I was just wondering what was up with your order.

Well guy all that matters is after all this time you get the GT that you have been waiting for all this time. May as well just wait for the Mineral Grey GT as you will not be happy with Black at any price. And you will just look at every Mineral Grey and be pissed. No need for that.

Hang in there.
Bruce
Old 5/5/05, 06:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@May 5, 2005, 9:21 AM
Yes adrenalin, I was buying parts and spotted the filthy GT in the corner of the backlot, I knew mine was the opnly one that this dealer was going to get for a while so I went over to take a look and the rest is history. It was just off the truck that morning and it was the salesmans day off, therefore no contact.
How much of a discount should I ask for to take the Black...how about 2500 dollars??
If I have them build mew a MG car with a very high priority should I ask for a small discount(500.00) for all of my inconveniance.
Dave - here would be my approach...give the Regional Rep a choice....$2,500.00 additional discount off to take the black GT, 2) Do a dealer swap for the EXACT same car in the correct color within 1 week with additional $500.00 discount, or
3) priority build of another GT with a one week deadline, and either extra options totaling $1,000.00 or same car as you originally ordered with additional $500.00 discount for your agony.

Good Luck and these things happen - but make the best of it!!

PS Anyone waiting on a black GT should contact Dave's dealer (after Dave has passed on the black) and get a deposit down - Dave's delima could work out well for him and some other lucky person at the same time
Old 5/5/05, 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

would it be possible to drive the black one around while a new MG one gets built? I'm guessing no or somebody would have suggested it.

sorry about the situation you are in Dave, good luck though it might come out better in the end.
Old 5/5/05, 06:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by THRUST_@May 5, 2005, 7:52 PM
would it be possible to drive the black one around while a new MG one gets built? I'm guessing no or somebody would have suggested it.

sorry about the situation you are in Dave, good luck though it might come out better in the end.
I like the way you think ! Nice idea
Old 5/5/05, 07:02 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It definitely an unfortunate situation that the dealer pulled a bait & switch for you.

I think if you can get a Mineral Grey built ASAP or the Ford rep find you one somewhere else and do a dealer trade, that is the way to go. Although they did give you the shaft, I doubt you will be able to get $500 out of it. If anything, maybe some free oil changes and maybe free window tinting.

If you are forced to wait for an '06 then I would definitely agree that some kind of restitution would be in order.

You can always take them to Judge Judy
Old 5/5/05, 07:39 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Real bad deal David ...it's been a long wait and not a happy outcome so far .If it was me and the rep says he can get you a mineral grey GT built next week ...go for it .Ya its another month wait but this is what you wanted.

And on a side note I would get the rep to take the black GT from that dealer and have it sent to another dealer thats has a higher customer approval rateing in the area.....just to send a message that this kind of dealing will not be tollerated. :notnice:
Old 5/6/05, 12:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Giddyup+May 5, 2005, 10:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Giddyup @ May 5, 2005, 10:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-davids2toys@May 5, 2005, 7:03 AM
Just got off the phone with the regional manager and he said the order was physically changed on March 23rd and that would have been done by a dealer request or a misunderstanding, but it was not a mistake from the factory. He said said he will get me some answers and options buy the close of buisiness tomorrow.
Dave..... Not sure about the reputation of your dealership, but there are alot of them that are pulling shady tactics with this Mustang......just so they can gouge the price. :angry: From what you've already stated (no mistake from factory, but order was changed on 3-23), do you suppose that the dealer could have changed this order to BLACK just because they knew you wouldn't accept it, and therefore it becomes their car with a sticker markup? :angry: Just a thought.....but this kind of scenario really wouldn't surprise me in this day and age.
[/b][/quote]
Yes, I have been thinking this as soon as he told me this, I am trying to find out, if they did this :notnice: i feel sorry for them and I would not want to be in their shoes, because I will still get my car and they will get publicly screwed and probably having to give me money to boot!!!
Old 5/6/05, 12:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by blackhat97@May 5, 2005, 10:07 AM
Dave,

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. To say it stinks is an understatement but this site is rated 'G' so I'll just say it stinks donkey doo. I'd be p/o'd too and I applaud the regional rep for stepping up to the plate for a dealer error. I'd take him up on the swap offer. At his level he can easily do a search for a Mineral Grey with your specs to swap for the black one and search nationwide I bet too. You'll get your car in about a week versus waiting for another MG to be built. Would an additional discount (should you get it) be worth it to wait for a new one rather than do a dealer swap right away? You can always get a new one built if they cannot locate one to swap. Just thinking what would get you in your car the quickest.

Good luck; it'll work out, just sorry you have to go through this.
LOL...thanks Mike, and yes, it would be worth it if i get it.
Old 5/6/05, 12:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by wjones14+May 5, 2005, 11:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wjones14 @ May 5, 2005, 11:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hellcat6@May 5, 2005, 11:23 AM
Dave,

Sounds like the regional rep is doing the right thing and fixing this for you. He seems to have given you all the right options, choose wisely!

Sorry, but I am one of those guys who believes that many dealers know how to work the system. Can you see them sitting around a desk at night thinking up ways to get more allocation? How about we mess up the order enough that we know he won't take it? Just so happens that the mess up is a very popular color, easy to sell, easy to mark up. Then Ford will have to make it right for the buyer and we will have our second car to sell! Dang it, must....think.....positive.....thoughts!
I agree with Hellcat here - it does seem the Regional Rep is trying to make this bad situation good somehow... if he's offered to build you another Grey one next week, I'd do that rather than take the black. Then you'll likely wait another month to get the car, but that is a much preferable option than taking the black one that you don't really want, even if they knocked another $1000 off the price. You already said owning another black car would drive you nuts... don't let impulse cloud your judgment!

You've waited this long, so you should be able to last another month or so, painful as that is.
[/b][/quote]
Absolutely Bill,
I will be asking for 4500.00 or build me the car. For 4500.00 I would have to do it, and I guess I would feel good about it. i highly doubt he will do this though, thats a lot of $
Old 5/6/05, 12:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by adrenalin+May 5, 2005, 11:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ May 5, 2005, 11:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-davids2toys@May 5, 2005, 9:21 AM
Yes adrenalin, I was buying parts and spotted the filthy GT in the corner of the backlot, I knew mine was the opnly one that this dealer was going to get for a while so I went over to take a look and the rest is history. It was just off the truck that morning and it was the salesmans day off, therefore no contact.
How much of a discount should I ask for to take the Black...how about 2500 dollars??
If I have them build mew a MG car with a very high priority should I ask for a small discount(500.00) for all of my inconveniance.
But it is impossible that the VIN on the DORA matches the VIN on the car. THe paint code is part of the VIN.
[/b][/quote]
I never had a VIN on my DORA
Old 5/6/05, 12:50 AM
Cobra R Member

david i was just messing around about black nicer then mineral grey...i almost bought a mineral grey 2001 mustang...it stinks for all the trouble this has caused you,but it does seem like your gonna come out ahead in end,and your mineral grey stang will have a good story,and well you two where just meant for one another (not that other lost/non built one)
Old 5/6/05, 12:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by HOTLAP+May 5, 2005, 6:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HOTLAP @ May 5, 2005, 6:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-davids2toys@May 5, 2005, 9:21 AM
Dave - here would be my approach...give the Regional Rep a choice....$2,500.00 additional discount off to take the black GT, 2) Do a dealer swap for the EXACT same car in the correct color within 1 week with additional $500.00 discount, or
3) priority build of another GT with a one week deadline, and either extra options totaling $1,000.00 or same car as you originally ordered with additional $500.00 discount for your agony.

Good Luck and these things happen - but make the best of it!!

PS Anyone waiting on a black GT should contact Dave's dealer (after Dave has passed on the black) and get a deposit down - Dave's delima could work out well for him and some other lucky person at the same time
[/b][/quote]
I dont want it for 2500, but I will be forced to take it for 4500.00. Everything else you said is my plan exactly.
Old 5/6/05, 12:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Ripstang@May 5, 2005, 7:42 PM
Real bad deal David ...it's been a long wait and not a happy outcome so far .If it was me and the rep says he can get you a mineral grey GT built next week ...go for it .Ya its another month wait but this is what you wanted.

And on a side note I would get the rep to take the black GT from that dealer and have it sent to another dealer thats has a higher customer approval rateing in the area.....just to send a message that this kind of dealing will not be tollerated. :notnice:
Oh, this is an excellent point, thanks its on my list
Old 5/6/05, 01:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Badsnke98@May 5, 2005, 6:40 PM
David ,

What a bite on the rear. :bang: I was just wondering what was up with your order.

Well guy all that matters is after all this time you get the GT that you have been waiting for all this time. May as well just wait for the Mineral Grey GT as you will not be happy with Black at any price. And you will just look at every Mineral Grey and be pissed. No need for that.

Hang in there.
Bruce
Thanks Bruce, Oh, by the way, you cant say pissed in this thread...lol ( see earlier poster)
Old 5/6/05, 01:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@May 6, 2005, 12:53 AM
david i was just messing around about black nicer then mineral grey...i almost bought a mineral grey 2001 mustang...it stinks for all the trouble this has caused you,but it does seem like your gonna come out ahead in end,and your mineral grey stang will have a good story,and well you two where just meant for one another (not that other lost/non built one)
LOL...thanks Tom
Old 5/6/05, 10:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Keep us posted David, I'm as curious as anyone on just how there going to offer to make it right for you. I bet that the dealership is licking their chops that they will get to keep the black car, so if you get the right $$$ off of the black one.....????? You get the picture......and be sure to ream them with whatever sources you have available on your way out the door, and after the fact (i.e.- attorney general & better business bureau, plus ford motor co.). I hope you have another ford dealer close by, because when you do have a car to drive, I wouldn't even take it back there for service.......
Old 5/6/05, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by CelticCub+May 5, 2005, 12:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CelticCub @ May 5, 2005, 12:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-houtex@May 5, 2005, 10:29 AM
The word 'pissed' is, IMO, right up there with 'hiney' and 'stink' (and you know what I really typed) in severity of, um, foulness.
Am I wrong? I mean, seriously, I don't think it's a family style word, do you?
Thank you for consideration of my issue.
No, Mike. You're not wrong. There's no right or wrong, just opinions. But if you eliminate a word that describes a bodily function like "pissed," you'll have to eliminate "fart" as well. In fact, "fart" is probably worse because it comes from your hiney and it stinks!

PS - Between you and me (and the thousands of TMS members) I am surprised that "pissed" is allowed, considering the other innocuous words already on the filtered list.
[/b][/quote]

There is something funny about what your wrote Chris about the word "fart". Only because when I was in elem school I had the same teacher for 4th, 6th, 7th, & 8th grade. She would not let us say the word "fart". We had to say "fluff". So everythime I heard "fart" I think of her & elem school.

Also you will notice the word bastard is not censored either. And if that word isn't then "female dog" should not be either. Especially since "female dog" means female dog. But that's JMO. (and you know what I tyoed in the "" I am sure)

BOT ~ David ~ I don't blame you. Had I went to pick up my MG car & it turned out to be black, there would have been blood shed in the streets. I had a black 96 & swore never again to have another black car. So, stick it to them & get what you ordered, not what they sent.

Keep us updated.
~*~Kera~*~
Old 5/6/05, 02:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@May 6, 2005, 3:05 AM
Thanks Bruce, Oh, by the way, you cant say pissed in this thread...lol ( see earlier poster)

That's why I said under the radar, I wanted to use the red!

Quick Reply: 5 month GT wait, BIGTIME LETDOWN