2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

5 month GT wait, BIGTIME LETDOWN

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/05, 09:16 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about the color problem. Sounds like there was a cloud (black) over this order from day one! Have them schedule an '06 order for you six months out. Then you would be safe to sell the '05, hopefully at a decent profit. (Actually, having a black one, the free detailing idea sounds the best). Hopefully, like others have mentioned, this can be turned into an opportunity for you. Good luck!
Old 5/5/05, 09:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes adrenalin, I was buying parts and spotted the filthy GT in the corner of the backlot, I knew mine was the opnly one that this dealer was going to get for a while so I went over to take a look and the rest is history. It was just off the truck that morning and it was the salesmans day off, therefore no contact.
How much of a discount should I ask for to take the Black...how about 2500 dollars??
If I have them build mew a MG car with a very high priority should I ask for a small discount(500.00) for all of my inconveniance.
Old 5/5/05, 09:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Can the dealer paint it?
Old 5/5/05, 09:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Take the black 05, if you dont you may have to wait for an 06, Black is a little more trouble to keep up, but worth it. just my .02..
Old 5/5/05, 09:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Dave, that's pretty lame what happened to your car. I hope you get it straightened out pronto. Way to go Ford. Not much else to add about the situation, honestly, except they need to fix it pronto. But you've brought up another point...

***slight threadjacking commences***

This is a personal pet peeve of mine on this board, but I feel it has much merit, given the situation. I've been kinda lettin' it go, but the time has come to speak up.

The word 'pissed' is, IMO, right up there with 'hiney' and 'stink' (and you know what I really typed) in severity of, um, foulness.

And now that this man has it in BIG FREAKIN' RED LETTERS on his signature, I feel compelled to point it out.

No I'm not a prude. I like using chicken, weiner, kitty, and hiney in my posts, if I can. I especially can see the value of a well placed $%&#er here and there. But when I can't use the word 'stink', why is 'pissed' allowed?

Am I wrong? I mean, seriously, I don't think it's a family style word, do you?

Thank you for consideration of my issue.

/Thread may now continue.
Old 5/5/05, 09:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by psychen6@May 5, 2005, 9:23 AM
Can the dealer paint it?
You have got to be kidding right???
Old 5/5/05, 09:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by houtex@May 5, 2005, 9:29 AM
Dave, that's pretty lame what happened to your car. I hope you get it straightened out pronto. Way to go Ford. Not much else to add about the situation, honestly, except they need to fix it pronto. But you've brought up another point...

This is a personal pet peeve of mine on this board, but I feel it has much merit, given the situation. I've been kinda lettin' it go, but the time has come to speak up.

The word 'pissed' is, IMO, right up there with 'hiney' and 'stink' (and you know what I really typed) in severity of, um, foulness.

And now that this man has it in BIG FREAKIN' RED LETTERS on his signature, I feel compelled to point it out.

No I'm not a prude. I like using chicken, weiner, kitty, and hiney in my posts, if I can. I especially can see the value of a well placed $%&#er here and there. But when I can't use the word 'stink', why is 'pissed' allowed?

It sounds more like the dealer is at fault not Ford based on what Dave said the regional rep said (of course he could be covering his hiney). If it's indeed the dealers fault, then Ford is making it right not the dealer. They could very easily say Dave needs to work it out with the dealer and wash their hands of it. I'll give the regional rep kudos for stepping up to the plate (with the caveat that it was the dealers fault of course).

Did I use the word "dealer" enough in this post? :scratch:
Old 5/5/05, 09:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by houtex@May 5, 2005, 9:29 AM

Sorry you feel that compelled :scratch:
What in the world is wrong with pissed, you have never heard the expression pissed off...who said you cant use stink anway?
I wasn't using that word to mean anything else ..I am pissed off!
Old 5/5/05, 10:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Dave,

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. To say it stinks is an understatement but this site is rated 'G' so I'll just say it stinks donkey doo. I'd be p/o'd too and I applaud the regional rep for stepping up to the plate for a dealer error. I'd take him up on the swap offer. At his level he can easily do a search for a Mineral Grey with your specs to swap for the black one and search nationwide I bet too. You'll get your car in about a week versus waiting for another MG to be built. Would an additional discount (should you get it) be worth it to wait for a new one rather than do a dealer swap right away? You can always get a new one built if they cannot locate one to swap. Just thinking what would get you in your car the quickest.

Good luck; it'll work out, just sorry you have to go through this.
Old 5/5/05, 10:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@May 5, 2005, 7:03 AM
Just got off the phone with the regional manager and he said the order was physically changed on March 23rd and that would have been done by a dealer request or a misunderstanding, but it was not a mistake from the factory. He said said he will get me some answers and options buy the close of buisiness tomorrow.
Dave..... Not sure about the reputation of your dealership, but there are alot of them that are pulling shady tactics with this Mustang......just so they can gouge the price. :angry: From what you've already stated (no mistake from factory, but order was changed on 3-23), do you suppose that the dealer could have changed this order to BLACK just because they knew you wouldn't accept it, and therefore it becomes their car with a sticker markup? :angry: Just a thought.....but this kind of scenario really wouldn't surprise me in this day and age.
Old 5/5/05, 10:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Dave,

Sounds like the regional rep is doing the right thing and fixing this for you. He seems to have given you all the right options, choose wisely!

Sorry, but I am one of those guys who believes that many dealers know how to work the system. Can you see them sitting around a desk at night thinking up ways to get more allocation? How about we mess up the order enough that we know he won't take it? Just so happens that the mess up is a very popular color, easy to sell, easy to mark up. Then Ford will have to make it right for the buyer and we will have our second car to sell! Dang it, must....think.....positive.....thoughts!
Old 5/5/05, 10:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by mmoonshot@May 5, 2005, 7:26 AM
Take the black 05, if you dont you may have to wait for an 06.
Right......you definitely want the '05 IMO. I like the future collectibility of the 1st year platform. If they offer you a further discount off of the X-Plan price, you can make some immediate coin on this one if you choose.
Old 5/5/05, 11:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Hellcat6@May 5, 2005, 11:23 AM
Dave,

Sounds like the regional rep is doing the right thing and fixing this for you. He seems to have given you all the right options, choose wisely!

Sorry, but I am one of those guys who believes that many dealers know how to work the system. Can you see them sitting around a desk at night thinking up ways to get more allocation? How about we mess up the order enough that we know he won't take it? Just so happens that the mess up is a very popular color, easy to sell, easy to mark up. Then Ford will have to make it right for the buyer and we will have our second car to sell! Dang it, must....think.....positive.....thoughts!
I agree with Hellcat here - it does seem the Regional Rep is trying to make this bad situation good somehow... if he's offered to build you another Grey one next week, I'd do that rather than take the black. Then you'll likely wait another month to get the car, but that is a much preferable option than taking the black one that you don't really want, even if they knocked another $1000 off the price. You already said owning another black car would drive you nuts... don't let impulse cloud your judgment!

You've waited this long, so you should be able to last another month or so, painful as that is.
Old 5/5/05, 11:36 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by davids2toys@May 5, 2005, 9:21 AM
Yes adrenalin, I was buying parts and spotted the filthy GT in the corner of the backlot, I knew mine was the opnly one that this dealer was going to get for a while so I went over to take a look and the rest is history. It was just off the truck that morning and it was the salesmans day off, therefore no contact.
How much of a discount should I ask for to take the Black...how about 2500 dollars??
If I have them build mew a MG car with a very high priority should I ask for a small discount(500.00) for all of my inconveniance.
But it is impossible that the VIN on the DORA matches the VIN on the car. THe paint code is part of the VIN.
Old 5/5/05, 11:47 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by houtex@May 5, 2005, 10:29 AM
No, Mike. You're not wrong. There's no right or wrong, just opinions. But if you eliminate a word that describes a bodily function like "pissed," you'll have to eliminate "fart" as well. In fact, "fart" is probably worse because it comes from your hiney and it stinks!

PS - Between you and me (and the thousands of TMS members) I am surprised that "pissed" is allowed, considering the other innocuous words already on the filtered list.
Old 5/5/05, 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@May 5, 2005, 12:39 PM
But it is impossible that the VIN on the DORA matches the VIN on the car. THe paint code is part of the VIN.
The paint code is not part of the VIN.
See: https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_...dfs/VIN2005.pdf
or any VIN decoder.
Old 5/5/05, 11:52 AM
Cobra Member

Seems to me if a kid can hear a word on network TV or at a PG movie, it should be allowed on here. Probably just the big ones should be censored (f, s, gd, etc.).
"Hiney", "stinks", and the things people, including young children, probably hear everyday of their lives.
Old 5/5/05, 12:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hope this works out ASAP for you! It will be "interesting" to see what Ford does regarding the issue. When I was waiting and using the 800 number, I asked on two call, if they could confirm the color, options, etc, which they did. I was not getting much/any info from the dealer at that point.
Old 5/5/05, 03:07 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,193 Likes on 2,340 Posts
If you Drive it you will be done! Thats what happend to me I took a non IUP auto vs an IUP Stick. Never should have got in to it! Of course had I got an IUP car All the Fun of meeting The People wanting upgrades probably would have never happend! The cluster conversion may have never been attempted! So some good came from my taking somthing that was not what I really wanted. If you drive it you will take it! So be Advised!

kc
Old 5/5/05, 03:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Dave - I think if the Rep can for real pull off a next week build, you should wait for the color you really want. If he can't get it built, definitely try a dealer swap. Good luck! Go tortoise go.

Quick Reply: 5 month GT wait, BIGTIME LETDOWN