2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

3 Orders Per Week Per Zone

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/05, 03:25 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a quote from my salesperson's regional factory representative (as of earlier this week):

"We are scheduling the retails - most of which are GTs - on the basis of date of order receipt and by confirming these orders are valid. We still are in May orders... It's a slow process because we get allocation of about 3 per week for each select zone."
That means the Ford factory is pulling three orders a week per zone! :bang: Orders are pulled oldest first (obviously).

Does anyone know how large a Ford dealership zone is - on average, how many dealerships does that represent?
Old 8/12/05, 03:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ebrand@August 12, 2005, 3:28 PM
Here's a quote from my salesperson's regional factory representative (as of earlier this week):
That means the Ford factory is pulling three orders a week per zone! :bang: Orders are pulled oldest first (obviously).

Does anyone know how large a Ford dealership zone is - on average, how many dealerships does that represent?
This is going to be a little confusing. There are 2 typrs of dealers, select dealers and contact dealers. Normally select dealers are in smaller markets and do not sell a very high volume of vehicles so they do not have a Ford regional rep who physically calls on them. Most is done by phone. The other are the contact dealers which are normally in larger markets and have a rep call on them. I am not as familiar with select stores which from your post sounds like your dealer is.

The allocation for select dealers is usually a lot less than for contact dealers, for example in the 1st 06 allocation period, which just ended we had 5 Mustangs allocated and I got 3 GT's scheduled for customers. Our zone has approx 20 dealers in it so obviously it got a lot more than 3 GT's.

Every Zone is different and goes by geographical area. How many dealers are in a select zone, I have no idea. One zone could have a few while another a lot.

I know this does not answer your question the way you would like but perhaps one of the other dealers on TMS is a select and can shed more light into that area.
Old 8/12/05, 04:10 PM
V6 Member

Yes, it does sound like mine is a select dealer which, I understand, means they will get their allocation filled more slowly than contact dealers. So if I had ordered with a larger dealership (and paid retail or above!) I may get built faster?

Thanks for the information, Ed. This really helps.
Old 8/13/05, 10:44 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@August 12, 2005, 3:57 PM
for example in the 1st 06 allocation period, which just ended we had 5 Mustangs allocated and I got 3 GT's scheduled for customers.