2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Roush Stage 3 Custom Tune

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/17, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2007 Roush Stage 3 Custom Tune

I would like to upgrade to a CAI and long tubes, h pipe and high flow cats. I am having issues with the tune. According to Roush they can supply the tune if I buy their CAI. I like the Steeda better. Roush also said they do not have a profile tune that would include the exhaust upgrade. SO, does anyone have experience with a Roush upgrade like this and how did you handle the custom tune. I am out of warranty so no issue there. I talked to two speed shops who seemed concerned about creating a tune for it and dealing with the locked Roush ECU. I am set on adding the Steeda CAI and the long tubes, just need a tune to go along with it. Thanks!
Old 3/16/17, 12:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
What do you mean the ECU is locked. Is it the tune that is locked?

A good tuner should be able to write a tune for you. The only thing you really need to do to tune for the headers is increase the delay it takes for the sensors to heat up as they are farther from the motor.
The following users liked this post:
Mooseheadjim (3/16/17)
Old 3/16/17, 02:50 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Jim,.....save yourself a lot of headache and stress. Just go aftermarket with the tune. Roush WILL NOT tune any upgraded part on the car that does not have the Roush nameplate on it.

Read the 3rd paragraph down from the section where it says; DIRECTIONS

http://www.roushperformance.com/custom/
The following users liked this post:
Mooseheadjim (3/16/17)