2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2007 Mustang Photos

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/06, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amen, brother!! Having choices is what makes this country great.
You know I'll hold you to that when the Queer Eye Tufted Taffetta edition rolls onto your local Ford dealer floor!

The Stang has existed for 40 years, but sometimes in spite of some models. The Mustang II does deserve credit for carrying the Stang through those awful performance dry years of the mid to late 70s until the performance car renaissance starting in the 80s with the FoxStang.

I do think the S197 development team did a very good job in developing the 2005, and were obviously quite dialed into the Stang's heritage. It's the later corruption by marketing departments rather than the real car nut engineers that worry me.

But hopefully, if fluff options like pseudo scoops and wannabe wings do make some money that can be rolled back into development, then perhaps that will give rise to some real red meat option and/or SEs for us performance buffs.

Indeed, perhaps the Mustang's broad and enduring success is that it has been such a chimera of a car: a pretty face for the cruisers (Ghia), a snorting brute for the drag racers (Mach I), a balanced GT car for the road racers (Boss 302), and many other personas as well.

Moreover, we all tend to view and judge the Stang through the particular vision we have of it as we greedily lobby for Ford development efforts to be devoted to our vision of it over another ("What, not a penny to an IRS while they squander precious coin on all sorts of tacky adornments..." "Only a puny SC 5.4 in the GT500 when Ford's got a big V10 just waiting for twin turbos and 650 hp...")
Old 6/1/06, 01:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rhumb

You know I'll hold you to that when the Queer Eye Tufted Taffetta edition rolls onto your local Ford dealer floor!

Old 6/1/06, 01:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Indeed, perhaps the Mustang's broad and enduring success is that it has been such a chimera of a car: a pretty face for the cruisers (Ghia), a snorting brute for the drag racers (Mach I), a balanced GT car for the road racers (Boss 302), and many other personas as well.
I think you're finally starting to get it!

Moreover, we all tend to view and judge the Stang through the particular vision we have of it as we greedily lobby for Ford development efforts to be devoted to our vision of it over another ("What, not a penny to an IRS while they squander precious coin on all sorts of tacky adornments..." "Only a puny SC 5.4 in the GT500 when Ford's got a big V10 just waiting for twin turbos and 650 hp...")
Now that would be a BOLD MOVE!
Old 6/1/06, 01:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Captain Spadaro
In the dash, under the radio? That's right where I thought they'd be. 05-06 cars have 2 unused buttons there. Which leads to the question: could the heated seats be retrofitted to earlier cars?

Where did you find the owners manual anyway? I always miss these things.
Right here:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=48034
Old 6/1/06, 02:24 PM
Bullitt Member

While it's not my cup of tea, I guarantee somewhere there's a metro-sexual guy thinking that would be a cool option.
:gay:

How many people remember the Chrysler commercials from the early 80's that kept touting their new 'Corinthian leather'. And low and behold people bought it up despite the fact no one knew what Corinthian leather really was.

This was a great example of plain ole salesmanship...and despite the fact it really didn't amount to anything special it increased their car sales and kept them out of bankruptcy.

So frankly, if Ford has to offer some cosmetic special editions in order to keep producing the Mustangs we all love, then I say have at it.

("What, not a penny to an IRS while they squander precious coin on all sorts of tacky adornments..." "Only a puny SC 5.4 in the GT500 when Ford's got a big V10 just waiting for twin turbos and 650 hp...")

Now of course I'd love to see this hit the option charts, but lets face it who could afford the extra money this option would cost. Again, for those of you old enough to remember the 60's will recall that Chevrolet offered the all aluminum 427 as a COPO option on the Camaro but the option cost more then the car! I don't think Ford wants to, or can afford to, get into this situation. The key is making the best optioned car possible while still keeping it in a price range where people can afford it.
Old 6/1/06, 04:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
I want that manifold cover, but Im not forking over money to have a ugly hood scoop on my car.
x3

And I want the pedals!

Where's KC's numbers!!?!?
Old 6/1/06, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow, so far everybody seems to be playing nice, but I've got my popcorn just in case.
Old 6/1/06, 07:09 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I like the '03-'04 performace pedals better...but I guess these arent too bad.......I LOVE the new ICAP-esc interior options!!! Great Move FORD!!!
Old 6/1/06, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Gotta admit "rich corinthian leather" does sound classier than "leather seat upgrade"
Old 6/1/06, 09:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MorrisMustang
This Mustang II was quite popular. As I recall, even the beautiful Kelly Garrett from Charlie's Angels drove one.

Old 6/1/06, 09:46 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack

Ooh Jaclyn
Old 6/2/06, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

That new V6 spoiler is just... I'll definately be simultaneously ordering my new V6 and a GT spoiler to be painted and slapped on when I finally can.
Old 6/2/06, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Captain Spadaro
In the dash, under the radio? That's right where I thought they'd be. 05-06 cars have 2 unused buttons there. Which leads to the question: could the heated seats be retrofitted to earlier cars?

Where did you find the owners manual anyway? I always miss these things.
I see someone else already posted the order manual link. As for retrofitting the heated seats, if I hadn't ordered the '07 my plan would be to buy aftermarket seat heaters and wire them to the newly available factory switches.
Old 6/2/06, 09:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I think a slight correction is in order on the aluminum pedals. That is part of the interior sport appearance package rather than GT appearance package, according to the order guide.
Old 6/3/06, 03:42 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
the GT apperamce package is pretty cheap concidering all that comes with it....LOVE THE CHAMOIS!!!
Old 6/4/06, 12:20 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,996 Likes on 2,202 Posts
THE SHIFTER BEZEL IS SPENDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kc
Old 6/5/06, 05:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Charlie's Angel's rides...

I recall that Farrah drove a blue Cobra II, but Kate Jackson only rated a Pinto (that's what she got for being the "smart one"). Scary that I remember all this, but I was a teenager in the 70's and the Angels were the hottest thing on TV then!
Old 6/8/06, 07:58 PM
Cobra Member

Likes: Dark UPI, GT Appearance Engine Cover and GT500 pedals.
Dislikes: Everything else

Ford should spend more time developing performance models and a real IRS rather than squandering coin on cheesy, tacked on accessories and lame interior colors...
Old 6/8/06, 09:48 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cheesy, taked on accessories and lame interior colors don't cost a lot of coin when compared to expenses to develop and produce better performance and handling.
Old 6/9/06, 12:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Roush hood scoop looks good on the GT

Quick Reply: 2007 Mustang Photos