2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2007 Mustang Photos

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/06, 03:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
It is my opinion this Mustang has sold more on the basis of style. At this point in Ford's existence, the emotional response evoked by style is perhaps more needed than all-out peformance to appeal to the masses.

I'd love to have that 3400lb 385hp 5.4L 3-valve IRS sprung car, but it seems less likely than "feature cars" where the emphasis will be on appearance.

The GT/CS and fake hood scoop look has grown on me. I must be getting cheesy!
Old 5/31/06, 03:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vermillion06
Geeze,that trim package isn't that bad;compared to some of the aftermarket stuff out there, its pretty tasteful.

Isn't Ford building cars and trucks to make money? I don't think they are building cars and trucks for the fun of it. They want as many people as possible to buy Mustangs, and if some people like the optional trim package & they buy Mustangs because of it, great. Those who don't like it don't have to order it... Having options is a good thing
Amen, brother!! Having choices is what makes this country great.
Old 5/31/06, 03:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

pheeeew....at least they didn't cover up the exposed electrical tape under the hood.
Old 5/31/06, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Captain Spadaro
Any picture(s) of the Comfort Package? I have a good idea about where the buttons for those heated seats are....
According to the owner's manual, the controls are in the dash under the radio. Unfortunatley the control is a simple on/off (no adjustments possible) and the heaters automatically turn off after 10 minutes. Oh well, at least they're heated!
Old 5/31/06, 08:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Chamois Interior,, nice
Old 5/31/06, 08:47 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will we be able to buy plenum cover only? I really like it lots!!
Old 5/31/06, 09:20 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the cheesy but don't care for the adolescent.
Old 5/31/06, 10:55 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

I don't care for the spoiler or scoop personally.
Old 6/1/06, 01:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Will we be able to buy plenum cover only? I really like it lots!!
Thanks for the pics Brad, and I also have the same question as Boltzman in regards to the manifold cover
Old 6/1/06, 06:11 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes, it will be available separately.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=35851
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=48044
Old 6/1/06, 08:25 AM

Personally, I think the whole "prostituting the Stang" comment is just elitist . But hey, that just my opinion!
I'm thinking more of careful, long-term brand management, or the lack thereof. One only needs to recall some of the atrocious vinyl-roofed Ghia Mustang IIs of the '70's, among many other "special" editions, to see where I'm going. Certainly those fey models did sell and make a short-term profit, but at what long-term cost to the Mustang's overall image? It took many hard years, and some real and serious performance models such as the return of the GT in '82 and various SVT models to redeem the Stang's performance-car core heritage.

Perhaps it's my harrowing recollection of such models as the mid-70s Ghia that I react so viscerally to any cheap and easy styling fakery as the GT/CS air brakes ... errr, hood scoop and spoiler ... over real, genuine, functional performance-based enhancements. It's all about keeping it real with the Stang, not fake and shallow, that will bolster its long-term image, credibility and viability.

Perhaps the younger members weren't around to see how quickly the Mustang, in the early seventies, went from such legendary and authentic performance models as the Boss 302 and 429 or the 428 Mach I to the hollow, gaudy fluff-mobiles as the Mustang II Ghia or stripe and spoilered Super Cobra to understand how easily this can happen.

Unfortunately, the urge to scrounge for any penny of short-term profit dredged from any market gutter they can exploit seems irresistable to the grey-suited bean counters and plaid-suited marketeers.

Rather, I'd hope the Mustang managers would take a much more careful and considered long-term strategy towards the Mustang and its extremely important brand image. If not, what's to keep us from the delights of a powder-pink Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies edition should some market study show they could make $10 more profit per car?
Old 6/1/06, 08:41 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TheMustangSource
I haven't been this excited since I ordered the car!
Old 6/1/06, 08:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rhumb
I'm thinking more of careful, long-term brand management, or the lack thereof. One only needs to recall some of the atrocious vinyl-roofed Ghia Mustang IIs of the '70's, among many other "special" editions, to see where I'm going. Certainly those fey models did sell and make a short-term profit, but at what long-term cost to the Mustang's overall image? It took many hard years, and some real and serious performance models such as the return of the GT in '82 and various SVT models to redeem the Stang's performance-car core heritage.
It would seem to me that the only harm to image came by people reflecting back AFTER those models were out of production.

I know a Ghia owner who is very proud and enjoys her car. She likes it because of its uniqueness. That is the beauty of 40+ years of heritage. Brand management is alive and well for the car to have continued this long.

It's all about keeping it real with the Stang, not fake and shallow, that will bolster its long-term image, credibility and viability.
The current exterior style is an excellent foundation - the lines are clean, so appearance changes through add-ons can be easily accomodated per one's tastes.

Perhaps the younger members weren't around to see how quickly the Mustang, in the early seventies, went from such legendary and authentic performance models as the Boss 302 and 429 or the 428 Mach I to the hollow, gaudy fluff-mobiles as the Mustang II Ghia or stripe and spoilered Super Cobra to understand how easily this can happen.
The energy crisis, emissions reduction requirements, and the general style trends of the 70s were probably more the reasons behind the changes.

Unfortunately, the urge to scrounge for any penny of short-term profit dredged from any market gutter they can exploit seems irresistable to the grey-suited bean counters and plaid-suited marketeers.
Ford needs all the profits it can get at this point in its existence.

Rather, I'd hope the Mustang managers would take a much more careful and considered long-term strategy towards the Mustang and its extremely important brand image. If not, what's to keep us from the delights of a powder-pink Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies edition should some market study show they could make $10 more profit per car?
I would lay you a bet this is carefully considered everyday. If you read the story of the S197 Mustang's development in "Mustang 2005 - A New Breed of Pony", it is frequently referenced about not messing things up, given this car's long heritage.

It is my opinion this Mustang's strength is oriented toward the appearance end. I wish we had a 3400lb 5.4 L 3-valve 385hp IRS sprung car, but I doubt it will happen. The funds are too tight.
Old 6/1/06, 08:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Apparantely not much at all. They're still selling quite well in spite of those "fey" models from 3 decades ago.
Old 6/1/06, 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Those pedals look identical to the new CDC pedals. Are they? If so, any info on how pricing compares?
Old 6/1/06, 09:05 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The CDC pedals are exactly the same. In fact, they're called GT500 pedals on CDC's web site.
Old 6/1/06, 10:16 AM
V6 Member

What's wrong with it?

This Mustang II was quite popular. As I recall, even the beautiful Kelly Garrett from Charlie's Angels drove one.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Mustang Photos-ghia.jpg  
Old 6/1/06, 10:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 351pony
Amen, brother!! Having choices is what makes this country great.
I second that!
Old 6/1/06, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bob99b5
According to the owner's manual, the controls are in the dash under the radio. Unfortunatley the control is a simple on/off (no adjustments possible) and the heaters automatically turn off after 10 minutes. Oh well, at least they're heated!
In the dash, under the radio? That's right where I thought they'd be. 05-06 cars have 2 unused buttons there. Which leads to the question: could the heated seats be retrofitted to earlier cars?

Where did you find the owners manual anyway? I always miss these things.
Old 6/1/06, 11:06 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Captain Spadaro
In the dash, under the radio? That's right where I thought they'd be. 05-06 cars have 2 unused buttons there. Which leads to the question: could the heated seats be retrofitted to earlier cars?

Where did you find the owners manual anyway? I always miss these things.
If you have$$ anything is possible!!

Quick Reply: 2007 Mustang Photos