2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2007 Mustang Just came In!!! 2 fresh dents!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/07, 10:52 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mustang Just came In!!! 2 fresh dents!!

Just got my 2007 Mustang after a 2 month wait for the order!!! Couldnt believe it when I saw 2 small dings in the rear quarter. As much as I wanted to just take it I of course didnt, Dent Wizard did its magic in less then 24 Hours. Anyways she is perfect now and afte a 9 year wait I finally bought one of these. Love the car, but for 32000 you think they can get production as good as everyone else. Best 30K piece of Junk I ever got, And I love it!
Old 4/2/07, 10:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I know what you mean... for Almost 40K, my car didnt come with an Info center (MPG, Miles to Empty, Outside Temp) And no darn Trunk Release. Plastic Center console. Plastic Automatic Shifter. No lights in Visor Mirrors.
But at the same time...love the look and engine.
Old 4/2/07, 10:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Congrats on the new car! Sorry about the dents, but it sounds like it all worked out.
Old 4/2/07, 11:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had to use Dent Wizard on mine, amazing results. Congrats on the car.
Old 4/3/07, 01:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tampa07GTCS
I know what you mean... for Almost 40K, my car didnt come with an Info center (MPG, Miles to Empty, Outside Temp) And no darn Trunk Release. Plastic Center console. Plastic Automatic Shifter. No lights in Visor Mirrors.
$40K!!! What the heck did you buy??
Old 4/3/07, 05:21 AM
Cobra Member

It's not a Lincoln, it's a Mustang. Yout want cool gizmos and gadgets, you bought the wrong car. If you want a torquey American V8 thats remained the #1 pony car for 43 years, then the Mustang is for you.
Old 4/3/07, 05:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to agree with Mustangfreak. You have a great made in America machine be happy with it. Although I must say that some of the interior could have been made with stainless steel rather than soft aluminum. I would never refer to my mustang as junk.
Old 4/3/07, 05:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think the point they are trying to make is that for the $$ they could and should have put the quality into the items they did put in the car.
And Musclenutz, congrads on the new ride. You will love it! Just be glad they didnt charge you an ADM for the dents
Old 4/3/07, 05:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by muslenutz
Just got my 2007 Mustang after a 2 month wait for the order!!! Couldnt believe it when I saw 2 small dings in the rear quarter. As much as I wanted to just take it I of course didnt, Dent Wizard did its magic in less then 24 Hours. Anyways she is perfect now and afte a 9 year wait I finally bought one of these. Love the car, but for 32000 you think they can get production as good as everyone else. Best 30K piece of Junk I ever got, And I love it!
The S197 isn't junk but I kind of agree with you on the pricing. I scoffed at the prices but if you factor in inflation, it's just about right. Ford did some serious cost cutting with the S197s to get us a modern fastback muscle car for under $30k. GM and DCX can not achieve the same thing, so if you wanted a Camaro or Challenger, be prepared to spend over $40k.

Ford has never been big on gizmos, even with the Lincolns.
Old 4/3/07, 07:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
$40K!!! What the heck did you buy??
I bought a 2007 GT/CS Convertable With Shaker1000, Conveince Package, Active Anti-Theft, Side Air Bags, Stupid Soft Boot I will never use, etc.
Stickers for 38K + Taxes.
Old 4/3/07, 07:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Did you at least use the X-Plan?
Old 4/3/07, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Yes I used the X-plan and the Incentives that were running at that time, got it for around 33K after Taxes. Sucks that now I see 2 weeks later there is an additional incentive of 995 for Automatic.
Old 4/3/07, 09:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by metroplex
The S197 isn't junk but I kind of agree with you on the pricing. I scoffed at the prices but if you factor in inflation, it's just about right. Ford did some serious cost cutting with the S197s to get us a modern fastback muscle car for under $30k. GM and DCX can not achieve the same thing, so if you wanted a Camaro or Challenger, be prepared to spend over $40k.

Ford has never been big on gizmos, even with the Lincolns.
Yep....I don't care much about the Camaro, but I am anxious to see the Challenger when it comes out.
Old 4/3/07, 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
It's not a Lincoln, it's a Mustang. Yout want cool gizmos and gadgets, you bought the wrong car. If you want a torquey American V8 thats remained the #1 pony car for 43 years, then the Mustang is for you.
This "difference of opinion" seems to come up often on Mustang boards: those who feel that buyers need to compromise on quality and content to have a V8, and those (like me) that think Ford could have put just a bit more effort into it and make it "world class". And remember most buyers DON'T get a V8 - should they have to compromise as well?

Really, how much more would the car have been if it had an antenna designed in the latter half of the 20th century, an interior trunk release (like the cheapest Kia out there) and seat backs that remember where they were? And a dash free of rattles should not cost a thing!

Don't get me wrong - I love this car. But whether you can accept the lower quality/content or it kind of bugs you, the fact is that it's there.

And, BTW - muslenutz...congrats...you're gonna love it!
Old 4/3/07, 03:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yes I used the X-plan and the Incentives that were running at that time, got it for around 33K after Taxes. Sucks that now I see 2 weeks later there is an additional incentive of 995 for Automatic.

I was about to come down to Tampa and smack you if you paid sticker for it! Enjoy the new ride!
Old 4/3/07, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Congratulations...
Old 4/3/07, 10:56 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
CONGRATS!!
Old 4/3/07, 11:08 PM
Cobra R Member

yeah they told me they were not going to accept my xplan through Home cheapo (who has a partner xplan with them) and I was going to walk out on them after all was said and done at almost 10% interest (I had no credit at that point) + tax title reg. etc...a $14,000 down payment, I owed like $10,500 for my premium GT. No-one should ever pay sticker as no-one in my family ever has.
Old 4/4/07, 12:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by davisinla
This "difference of opinion" seems to come up often on Mustang boards: those who feel that buyers need to compromise on quality and content to have a V8, and those (like me) that think Ford could have put just a bit more effort into it and make it "world class". And remember most buyers DON'T get a V8 - should they have to compromise as well?

Really, how much more would the car have been if it had an antenna designed in the latter half of the 20th century, an interior trunk release (like the cheapest Kia out there) and seat backs that remember where they were? And a dash free of rattles should not cost a thing!

Don't get me wrong - I love this car. But whether you can accept the lower quality/content or it kind of bugs you, the fact is that it's there.

And, BTW - muslenutz...congrats...you're gonna love it!
The Mustang has been, for 43 years now, a cheap affordable pony car, and for those who arnt familur with that term, a "sports car". So i n order to keep the price down to affordable, of course there are going to be little rattles or squeeks.

I for one, am not bothered by them, my Supra does it, my 85 GT did it, and it doesn't bother me.
Old 4/4/07, 08:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
So i n order to keep the price down to affordable, of course there are going to be little rattles or squeeks.
Well, we both love the same car, but I do not agree with your statement that to keep the price down, there has to be little rattles and squeaks. And I'm sure hoping Ford management doesn't agree with that either. I've owned WAY too many other inexpensive/economy cars over the past 20 years (Civic, Accord, Miata, several Toyotas, etc.) that don't come directly from the factory with dash rattles. And IMHO, it should NOT cost more to assemble a dash without rattles, especially those that have been there for three production years.

If you have accepted the lower quality standards, I certainly understand. I obviously have too - at least for now.

Quick Reply: 2007 Mustang Just came In!!! 2 fresh dents!!