2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2007 interior color schemes- cutting through the mystery!

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/06, 04:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys, glad you like it!

HSE PWR- You can get SAP with or without IUP. The pictures above are Tony's car and he ordered his w/o IUP. The GT/CS can also be ordered with or without IUP. The PTP requires IUP though, and it also requires leather.
Old 8/7/06, 08:20 AM
Cobra Member

First off, THANK YOU for taking the time to produce this helpful thread!

Secondly, when ordering my Grabber Orange premium coupe the other day, the dealer said I could opt for charcoal or camel on my interior, which has been ordered with IUP and the Premium Trim with Color Accent Package. I'm a bit confused, as all I've heard beforehand was that charcoal is the only color interior you could get with the Grabber Orange exterior. Charcoal itself is fine, but I thought maybe camel-colored inserts in the seats might be a nice way to liven up the interior, perhaps even camel-colored door inserts. Any idea if this is what they meant by saying camel was available?
Old 8/7/06, 09:50 AM
Cobra Member

You're quite welcome! According to the 07 order guide, dark charcoal is the one and only interior choice for grabber orange. It's possible that has changed in the order system since the last order guide was distributed though. There aren't any seat inserts available except with the GT/CS or Shelby, so if you can now get camel with G.O. it would look similar to the pics in post 11 or post 3 depending on options.
Old 8/7/06, 10:46 AM
Cobra Member

Brother, you got that right! Confusion is nothing new, as they say. I about fell out of my seat when my salesman asked if I wanted Camel or Charcoal. Just when I thought I knew it all (well, not all, but enough to know what I was expecting to order!).

I'm going back to the dealership today to pick up my DORA. I plan on inquiring as to whether getting a Camel interior is indeed, a viable option. I will follow up with you on this thread later...

Thanks again, man. You're the go-to guy for interior questions for sure!
Old 8/7/06, 10:54 AM

If I can order the Chamois interior on a Torch Red or Vista Blue Mustang, I'll be very happy.
Old 8/7/06, 12:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Tres, Awesome job, you certainly deserve this...
Old 8/7/06, 01:59 PM

Great job! Now I have one page to compare and order from!!!

THANKS!!!
Old 8/7/06, 03:41 PM
GT Member

Smile great job tres

Thanks for all that work organizing and posting the photos, especially when you could have been out driving that new vert of yours!SWEET!

At this point, I don't care what the heck mine looks like, I just want it ASAP. Est delivery was 8-10 wks from order day June 20 (sent in June23rdish). So that puts it in at Aug 18th to 31st..the end of summer
I will post some photos for sure
Old 8/7/06, 04:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Tres Wright, you have spent a LOT of time cataloging all this! You should work for ford!
Old 8/7/06, 04:36 PM
GT Member

Man this is confusing... I was ready to order a new car with the dove interior b/c it looks white on the ford website! I have a thing for white seats and when my friend told me they had them this year I was like "no way!"

Looks like he was wrong though

Oh well, we need a green paint color anyway... like DHG or 91-93 Callypso green... Maybe next year!

Thanks for putting all those pics together though, it definitely eliminates some confusion!
Old 8/7/06, 06:13 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the effort and time, Tres. And congrats on your newly-delivered GT! After all of the time you took to post this topic, I think you need quality relaxation time behind the wheel of your new ride.
Old 8/7/06, 09:38 PM
Cobra Member

Thank you all for the great compliments on the thread and my car I have been wanting to post this for quite a while, but I was waiting until either someone posted red pics or I got my car, and as it turned out my car got here first

Originally Posted by CelticNut

I'm going back to the dealership today to pick up my DORA. I plan on inquiring as to whether getting a Camel interior is indeed, a viable option. I will follow up with you on this thread later...
That would be great, thanks!

Originally Posted by jchennav
If I can order the Chamois interior on a Torch Red or Vista Blue Mustang, I'll be very happy.
Unfortunately it is not shown as available in the order guide for either of those colors. The chamois is available with redfire, white, windveil blue, satin silver or black.

Originally Posted by incomingRPG
Tres, Awesome job, you certainly deserve this...
LOL! Thanks!

Originally Posted by Davion
Great job! Now I have one page to compare and order from!!!

THANKS!!!
Excellent, I'm glad to hear it may be helping some people out with orders. One of the guys that posts here was quite surprised and upset when his ordered car arrived with black seats. It really bugs me to think about people having that wonderful moment of finally getting their ordered car spoiled when they realize it's not what they thought. If this thread helps people to know beforehand what they're ordering then the mission is accomplished

Originally Posted by twokidsnosleep
Thanks for all that work organizing and posting the photos, especially when you could have been out driving that new vert of yours!SWEET!

At this point, I don't care what the heck mine looks like, I just want it ASAP. Est delivery was 8-10 wks from order day June 20 (sent in June23rdish). So that puts it in at Aug 18th to 31st..the end of summer
I will post some photos for sure
Bro, I'm not missing out on any driving time because there's a friggin' PT Cruiser sitting in the garage When I did the QC walk on Saturday before accepting the car I discovered a factory paint flaw in it (looks like some garbage got painted onto the car in one small spot), so I had to drop her off today to get that fixed and also a dash rattle. Hopefully it'll be done tomorrow.

Hey, beginning of Fall delivery should be a great time for getting in some nice top down driving! It'll be worth the wait, these Mustangs are really fantastic verts. They are rock solid and provide great wind protection.

Originally Posted by Bob99b5
Tres Wright, you have spent a LOT of time cataloging all this! You should work for ford!
They can't afford me- haha! Thanks for letting me "borrow" your pics too

Originally Posted by jtmears
Man this is confusing... I was ready to order a new car with the dove interior b/c it looks white on the ford website! I have a thing for white seats and when my friend told me they had them this year I was like "no way!"

Looks like he was wrong though

Oh well, we need a green paint color anyway...
That picture on their site does indeed make it look like it has white seats, I don't know where they came up with that. I think they took the parchment photo and photo-shopped it. They did a really lousy job of it!! Not only is the color way off, but the color scheme is wrong too!

There are rumors of a Bullitt edition, so you may get a green Mustang yet!

Originally Posted by flieger67
Thanks for the effort and time, Tres. And congrats on your newly-delivered GT! After all of the time you took to post this topic, I think you need quality relaxation time behind the wheel of your new ride.
Thank you, and believe me, I'll be more than happy to give the PT Cruiser back to them Good grief the thing is a slug!! I was entering the freeway on an inclined ramp and thought I would have to open the door and run next to it to try to help it along
Old 8/7/06, 10:42 PM
Cobra Member

Well, I went to the dealer this evening, but I left with more questions than answers. I managed to sit my salesman down and go over what I was considering. He offered to reopen my order and try to change the interior from charcoal to camel. But he couldn't guarantee the change would take effect, or if it was something I would truly want. He had a good point; I wasn't sure what camel (or parchment) would look like on an orange car. It might be horrible. At least with charcoal, it's relatively neutral, so it would compliment the bright exterior. I ended up leaving my order intact.

I'm still curious though, so if anyone has seen a Grabber Orange Mustang with an interior color other than charcoal, please post pictures of it here!

Much thanks.
Old 8/8/06, 12:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Great thread...would this hold true for canadian versions also?

ps: why would ford give you a "PT Cruiser" as a loaner?
Old 8/8/06, 01:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

for putting this all together for us! Ford couldn't have made this much more confusing if they had tried.

Interesting that the PTP with an automatic appears in the pics to have just a black shifter bezel, not the brushed aluminum bezel that you get with the stick. Very strange...
Old 8/8/06, 03:31 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was a lot of work, Tres, and as you can tell by now, much appreciated by everyone here. Should help to narrow people's choices...well, a bit anyway.

I gotta say it though: IMHO, I like your interior the best! That's exactly the interior I'm planning to get (with Redfire exterior) should I push the button this month on a GT and not wait for any Shelbys or SEs. Only difference is mine will have the Ford OEM NAV system as well, due for '07 Job Two.

Again, thanks very much.
Old 8/8/06, 04:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CelticNut
But he couldn't guarantee the change would take effect, or if it was something I would truly want. He had a good point; I wasn't sure what camel (or parchment) would look like on an orange car. It might be horrible. At least with charcoal, it's relatively neutral, so it would compliment the bright exterior. I ended up leaving my order intact.
I think that was the right thing to do. I've seen a grabber orange car in person and I really don't think that the camel/ parchment would look right with it. Something that you might consider, the salesman that sold me mine (Donny) is ordering a G.O. GT for himself soon. Donny plans on sending it to a shop and having matching orange inserts sewn into the seats kind of like the Parnelli Jones edition by Saleen:

http://www.autoghid.ro/UserFiles/Ima...r-1024x768.JPG

That would look hot!

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
Great thread...would this hold true for canadian versions also?

ps: why would ford give you a "PT Cruiser" as a loaner?
Yes, in fact the guy I mentioned earlier that ordered a car and was upset about it having black seats was a Canadian. He complained to the dealership, they went to Ford with it and that's how we found out for sure that these color schemes were not a mistake. Ford's response back was that the black seat scheme is correct and that the ordering info needed updating.

The dealership where I bought my stang sells Chrysler/ Dodge as well, thus the PTC rental. It's not so bad, at least it's not stinky and full of sand like the last rental I got stuck with! It sure ain't no Mustang though

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
for putting this all together for us! Ford couldn't have made this much more confusing if they had tried.

Interesting that the PTP with an automatic appears in the pics to have just a black shifter bezel, not the brushed aluminum bezel that you get with the stick. Very strange...
You're welcome, it was my pleasure! The bezel on the stick is integral with the boot, you have to buy it as an assembly (Kevin at Clevenger posted some pics in another thread). The auto bezel is a thin plastic piece that snaps into place around the shifter. There's no reason the auto bezel couldn't be aluminum too, but it would be a different part than the stick bezel. I guess they figured the silver painted plastic parts (IUP parts) were enough to spruce up the auto shifter. My V6 had an auto and the only thing I did not like about the interior was that blocky shifter!

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
That was a lot of work, Tres, and as you can tell by now, much appreciated by everyone here. Should help to narrow people's choices...well, a bit anyway.

I gotta say it though: IMHO, I like your interior the best! That's exactly the interior I'm planning to get (with Redfire exterior) should I push the button this month on a GT and not wait for any Shelbys or SEs. Only difference is mine will have the Ford OEM NAV system as well, due for '07 Job Two.
Thanks very much for the compliments!! I really love the crimson red interior too, I also had it on my '05 V6. I wasn't in the market for a Mustang back in early '05, but I had seen a few on the roads and really liked them. I wanted to get a closer look at the interior so stopped by a dealership. I was walking around admiring them when I came across a black vert with the crimson red interior. It was instant I was driving one just like it about a week later!

The nav will be a cool addition! We use the wife's van for roadtrips (try packing 5 people plus luggage in a Mustang- LOL!) so I personally didn't need it, but it will be a neat option to see in the stangs. It's exciting to see Ford continuing to add new features, I'm looking forward to seeing what else they have in store for us!
Old 8/8/06, 07:01 PM
Cobra Member

Too funny! That's the same thing my salesman said. He recommended that Katzkin stitch in orange highlights to compliment the exterior color, but not be so bold as to detract from the interior.

I think I'll do just that.
Old 8/9/06, 10:03 PM
GT Member

Great job!

Glad to see that you now have your vehicle. It looks great.
Old 8/10/06, 09:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote=tom_vilsack]Great thread...would this hold true for canadian versions also?....quote]

Beauty 'Eh ! ......same for Canada and the States

Neat Thread - thanks - really eliminates the confusion regarding the Color Combinations. The questions i get from other's is between the Interior Upgrade Package and then applying the Interior Color Accent Package - the Satin Trim and then the Crimson Red Seats.

My RedFire 05 has the Crimson Leather as well. At first, many observers did not like it upon first look, but now she is a Show Winner.

Quick Reply: 2007 interior color schemes- cutting through the mystery!