2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2006 Philadelphia International Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/06, 08:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm posting this because me and my father will be attending the Philadelphia International Auto Show 2morrow on Super Bowl Day. We figure it won't be as crowded because everyone would be at home getting ready for their Super Bowl Parties!

I've taken it upon myself to represent MustangSouce.com and cover the Auto Show in Philadelphia with Info & pics! I will be wearing one of the MustangSource.com shirts that I ordered from Brad.

I'll be sure to keep you posted when I return!

P.S. From a good friend of mine who attended the "black tie" event on opening night Friday, the Shelby GT500 is THERE!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/4/06, 11:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool. I'll be there Monday afternoon. I usually go every year on the weekend, but took off Monday this year to avoid the crowd.
Old 2/5/06, 12:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaverickMLFD371 @ February 4, 2006, 7:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey Guys,

I'm posting this because me and my father will be attending the Philadelphia International Auto Show 2morrow on Super Bowl Day. We figure it won't be as crowded because everyone would be at home getting ready for their Super Bowl Parties!

I've taken it upon myself to represent MustangSouce.com and cover the Auto Show in Philadelphia with Info & pics! I will be wearing one of the MustangSource.com shirts that I ordered from Brad.

I'll be sure to keep you posted when I return!
P.S. From a good friend of mine who attended the "black tie" event on opening night Friday, the Shelby GT500 is THERE!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

If you could, let us know if the GT/CS is there, I'd be much obliged
Old 2/5/06, 12:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustang68w @ February 5, 2006, 2:04 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If you could, let us know if the GT/CS is there, I'd be much obliged
[/b][/quote]

Highly doubt GT/CS will be there, Philadelphia doesnt bring much there, its not as popular as Detroit or New York where you get all the top of the line concepts and what not, you get a few here and there. When i went last year, the only big big concept they had was the Jeep, the Pontiac Solstice, the F-150 Lightning and a few Mercedez benz concepts. But Im excited the shelby is there, I just saw a NBC news clip from a guy who was there 1 hour after it closed and of course when he stopped the clip, a performance white GT convert and the shelby was in the background and its on a platform! Red with white racing stripes!

I'll keep you all posted.....
Old 2/5/06, 05:39 AM
Bullitt Member

The white GT500 with the blue stripes that was in Detroit, is in Grand Rapids through today. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 07:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to the Black Tie Preview (got tix from the delalership I work at. No one cares to go but me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] ). Great time as always. Free food, drinks, desert. The best was being able to get behind the ropes at F.C Kerbeck's display and getting up and personal with the all-new V8 Vantage Aston, and the Gallardo Roadster. It was Orange with black/orange seats, UNREAL !! The Red Shelby was there, not the white. It looks mean, killer, you name it. Was getting ALOT of looks. I also heard alot of people talking about it in line for the food. Also a Red Ford GT was there as well. Mustang68w. the GT/CS wasn't there. You won't see that till next years Detroit Show. BTW, there were several Mustang GT's there, with both 18" wheels. On an off topic sentence, I really liked the Edge, since it was my first in person look at it. This will sell big for Ford. Great show to go to. Can't wait for the N/Y show. That will be great.
Old 2/6/06, 07:36 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ February 6, 2006, 9:33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Mustang68w. the GT/CS wasn't there. You won't see that till next years Detroit Show. [/b][/quote]
Brad... does this fit YOUR timeline for the GT/CS? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 07:46 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pitpup @ February 6, 2006, 9:39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Brad... does this fit YOUR timeline for the GT/CS? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

my money is on the NYIAS in March
Old 2/6/06, 04:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just got back. Disappointed that there was no Camaro or Challenger concept. Was also disappointed that the new Wrangler wasn't there.
Old 2/6/06, 09:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireDragon @ February 6, 2006, 6:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just got back. Disappointed that there was no Camaro or Challenger concept. Was also disappointed that the new Wrangler wasn't there.
[/b][/quote]

The philly auto show has not been the greatest shows in years, never have never will, but i was mainly suprised to see the shelby there.
Old 2/7/06, 12:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ February 6, 2006, 6:33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Mustang68w. the GT/CS wasn't there. [/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

Well thank you for keeping your eyes out anyway [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 01:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Weird but local TV 10 did a special on the show last night & they showed the Camaro as being there. Even spotlighting a Philly native who designed the concept. Autorush.com had pictures of the GT500 there but it looked like it was on a raised platform, doors closed so you couldn't even get close up to see the interior. I really wanted to get a view of the dash. I was going to go till I saw this. I'll wait till it's a my dealer in a few months to get a free upclose view if that's the case. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 06:12 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I just think the GT500 looks completely awesome. They've given it truly just the right amount of different character. When you look at it, you just know you shouldn't mess with it for sure. Yet, compared to the completely verbose looking Viper or Corvette, it's at least a little more understated.
Old 2/9/06, 08:35 AM
I Have Admin Envy

There are plenty of GT500 preproduction mules to go around, so that all of the major autoshows are covered.

Considering the Philly and Chicago are running at the same time, that's why with only one Challenger and 2 Camaros, they will be at the major show at the time.

Toronto has the same issue, concept cars being shown a year or two later