2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2006 Mustang Order

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/05, 03:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today I went to my local dealership to order a 2006 mustang gt, and asked about pricing and they told me Sticker and no price negotiations. They also told me they wanted $3000 down. Does this sound like a lot, would you pay this? I can easily get the $3000, but I don't want to give them that much right now (although i will if i have to). They told me to come back tuesday to talk to the General Manager about it. There are currently 3 orders ahead of me, would it take me a long time to get the car? What is the average monthly allocation? I really don't want to pay sticker price, do you think paying sticker price on the car itself, and then getting invoice on the options is reasonable because i plan on getting it fully loaded and that means a lot of money for them. Also my current car was bought at this same dealership, shouldn't they be a little bit easier on me? Well just looking for your two cents please tell me what you think. Thanks
Old 5/27/05, 04:13 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by screamingyellow@May 27, 2005, 5:50 PM
... shouldn't they be a little bit easier on me?
The dealer won't give you the time of day and you are wondering where you stand? How many more hints do you need?
Old 5/27/05, 04:19 PM

Anything more than $500 seems unreasonable, in my opinion.

Good luck and don't forget, YOU are the customer.
Old 5/27/05, 05:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Yah find a better dealer.
Old 5/27/05, 05:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good color choice but I would find another dealer. I ordered mine and paid around $1400 below sticker when she came in. All worked out at order time. I was 3rd in line as well.
Old 5/27/05, 05:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

well in that case, anybody know of any fair dealers in upstate ny?
Old 5/27/05, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Karpro in Rochester area, TMS member, should be able to help you out.
Old 5/27/05, 06:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Based on what has and is happening with the 05"s, List price sounds ok, the rest smells like a dealer who couldn't care less about you. Don't know what the going reasonable rate in your area is but $3K sounds way too much anywhere IMO
Old 5/27/05, 06:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Ranger@May 27, 2005, 6:45 PM
Based on what has and is happening with the 05"s, List price sounds ok, the rest smells like a dealer who couldn't care less about you. Don't know what the going reasonable rate in your area is but $3K sounds way too much anywhere IMO
Well, I'll go back to the dealership on tuesday, talk it over with the GM, and my original salesman (not the one i talked to today). Then I will judge the dealership, right now it could just be the salesman, i hope. Otherwise I will give my business elsewhere. But still if anyone here knows of some fair dealerships in upstate, ny please give me a yell (thanks doulos4JC) Can't wait to be one of the crowd in the new stang. Oh and darth-bob, I too like the screaming yellow, but not this stang, it's going to be Black with ICAP, my 04 v6 is screaming yellow. I wonder if brad will let me change over my current membership to TMS to a new name?
Old 5/27/05, 08:15 PM
GT Member

The "'Currently there are 3 orders ahead of me." sounds scarry to me! I started out 2nd in line but they keep coming up with dealer stock to sell around me! I'd try to get some kind of a guarantee that they won't bump you later.
Old 5/27/05, 11:57 PM

I just put in my order for an 06 today as well! I was required to put $1000 down, which did not seem unreasonable to me seeing as how it was the third dealer I visited today. I have an X-Plan pin and the first dealer refused to order a car with X-Plan for me. The second dealer flat out refused to order a car for me. The third dealer ordered the car and gave me the X-Plan discount. Its ALL a matter of what dealership you do business with.

Scott
Old 5/28/05, 12:10 AM
FR500 Member

A deposit of $1,000 would be about what I'd expect to show good faith on the order. If you'd like more than that, Mr. Dealer, as far as I am concerned, you are playing games with me and I don't need it.
I gave my dealer a check for $1,000 to place my order and he never cashed it. He gave it back to me when he delivered the car and we settled up on the full account. The dealer needs to give you his monthly allocation so you know where you stand before you place the order. I would also contact Karpro for help esp where you are located.

Paul
Old 5/28/05, 12:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by screamingyellow@May 27, 2005, 6:01 PM
Well, I'll go back to the dealership on tuesday, talk it over with the GM, and my original salesman (not the one i talked to today). Then I will judge the dealership, right now it could just be the salesman, i hope. Otherwise I will give my business elsewhere. But still if anyone here knows of some fair dealerships in upstate, ny please give me a yell (thanks doulos4JC) Can't wait to be one of the crowd in the new stang. Oh and darth-bob, I too like the screaming yellow, but not this stang, it's going to be Black with ICAP, my 04 v6 is screaming yellow. I wonder if brad will let me change over my current membership to TMS to a new name?
:scratch: Stop yourself from getting a black car...they only stay clean for 15 minutes and you'll get swirls fast from washing it ALL THE TIME.They are gorgeous in the show-room but you have to live with it.

Also get an x plan pin and save yourself some bucks.
Old 5/28/05, 12:19 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Jack is correct about the care involved in a Black car... But in my humble opinion, it is the BEST color for this car.

Our last meet had 3 out of 5 05s in black, about 20 05s showed.

I love my Black Stang, dont regret the color choice for one INSTANT.
Old 5/28/05, 12:32 AM
FR500 Member

I love my black GT, but I don't have to drive it every day. I think black is the best when kept up properly, but it can look shabby if it isn't. All the colors IMO out there look great as I see them on the street and my first choice was actually originally yellow with charcoal. If you take care of your ride, it won't matter what color it is, it will be beautiful (I don;t care for green on the natch, but saw a LL vert yesterday with the tan top and I fell in love with it). Worst part is you prolly only get to pick one color for one car.
Old 5/28/05, 12:41 AM
Bullitt Member

$500 to $1000 down seems reasonable to me. Full retail sounds high, but i guess it depends on your area.
Paul
Old 5/28/05, 07:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by wild stray@May 28, 2005, 12:35 AM
I love my black GT, but I don't have to drive it every day. I think black is the best when kept up properly, but it can look shabby if it isn't. All the colors IMO out there look great as I see them on the street and my first choice was actually originally yellow with charcoal. If you take care of your ride, it won't matter what color it is, it will be beautiful (I don;t care for green on the natch, but saw a LL vert yesterday with the tan top and I fell in love with it). Worst part is you prolly only get to pick one color for one car.

I had 3 yellow verts in a row [68 Galaxie, 01 GT, 04 GT] and while I love yellow, wife says it was time for a change. Had it one week now and just lay bar'd it and wasxed with Mother's kit. You could shave off the reflection.