2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/05, 04:42 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you who have ordered 06 Mustang GT's, or have looked around, what type of prices were you offered? I have heard back from a few dealerships. One wanted $5k over MSRP (a guy that works for Southway Ford in San Antonio and was a total jerk) and one for $1k under MSRP. These are the only ones that I have heard back from. I would appreciate any replies.
Old 6/6/05, 04:45 PM
Bullitt Member

They are makeing plans to charge 5k over sticker on cars that have'nt even begun production? I think I would steer away from that dealer.
Old 6/6/05, 04:49 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by wifewantedaGT@June 6, 2005, 4:48 PM
They are makeing plans to charge 5k over sticker on cars that have'nt even begun production? I think I would steer away from that dealer.
He said $5k over on the lot, and he would start at a couple thousand over MSRP for orders.
Old 6/6/05, 05:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well a good thing to do would obviously be to check around at a lot of dealerships.

I was quoted one price for MSRP from one dealer who offered a price below MSRP... then I was offered a completely different MSRP from another dealer (a lower price for MSRP) and money below that price.

So what one dealer might tell you another might be completely different.

Ask around... the MSRP price I got was a little under 28k for my options (see sig) prices may vary but with those options I suppose it would be the same.

I would NEVER pay over MSRP for ANY car. But then again I don't have money to throw away so others might... just remember in four years or so when the hype dies down you'll still be paying on it except you'll have payed far over the actual worth of the car (my 2 cents
Old 6/6/05, 05:21 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Imatk@June 6, 2005, 5:03 PM
Well a good thing to do would obviously be to check around at a lot of dealerships.

I was quoted one price for MSRP from one dealer who offered a price below MSRP... then I was offered a completely different MSRP from another dealer (a lower price for MSRP) and money below that price.

So what one dealer might tell you another might be completely different.

Ask around... the MSRP price I got was a little under 28k for my options (see sig) prices may vary but with those options I suppose it would be the same.

I would NEVER pay over MSRP for ANY car. But then again I don't have money to throw away so others might... just remember in four years or so when the hype dies down you'll still be paying on it except you'll have payed far over the actual worth of the car (my 2 cents
Yes, I definitely can't afford to pay over MSRP and I have no desire to. I just think that is a really stupid thing to do. I am still looking for what others are paying. Please post if you don't mind.
Old 6/6/05, 05:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Check out my signature. I'm paying $32.5K X-Plan.

Originally posted by Venom800@June 6, 2005, 6:45 PM
For those of you who have ordered 06 Mustang GT's, or have looked around, what type of prices were you offered? I have heard back from a few dealerships. One wanted $5k over MSRP (a guy that works for Southway Ford in San Antonio and was a total jerk) and one for $1k under MSRP. These are the only ones that I have heard back from. I would appreciate any replies.
Old 6/6/05, 05:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry but I can't post the "actual" price I got as I agreed not to but suffice to say it was NOT over MSRP.

Where are you located? I could give you the name of my dealer if you'd like.

P.M. me
Old 6/6/05, 05:43 PM
Cobra Member

If anyone is serious on ordering a '06 Mustang, IM me for pricing.
Old 6/6/05, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@June 6, 2005, 6:46 PM
If anyone is serious on ordering a '06 Mustang, IM me for pricing.
As someone who is "in the loop", do you expect the '06model year to be like the '05 model year as far as allotments, wait times, and dealer mark-up. In your opinion will it be the same, better or worse for those wanting to get an '06, namely the GT. Thanks for the insight.
Old 6/6/05, 06:18 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
I am getting 2% over invoice on a coupe and a vert which should be $550 and $625 respectively. I would use this info as a bargaining tool. Add holdback, the $400 carwash, and a few bucks if the dealer is a Blue Oval dealer and they make out pretty good.

I have a good rapport with the all the department heads there. If anyone in North Florida wants to take a shot at it, PM and I'll give you the info. This dealers' allocation is around 65 units for the '06 GT.
Old 6/6/05, 06:24 PM

I emailed 16 dealers in the Bay Area about ordering a GT with X-plan, and 5 said they would...

Just figure out how many miles you're willing to drive to pick up your car, then email every dealer within that radius!
Old 6/6/05, 07:36 PM
V6 Member

Is the X-plan for friends of Ford employees? Is there anyway that I can get one of these PIN numbers?
Old 6/6/05, 07:53 PM

Originally posted by Venom800@June 6, 2005, 7:39 PM
Is the X-plan for friends of Ford employees? Is there anyway that I can get one of these PIN numbers?
Sorry if this is a repost - here's your answer

Eligibility:

Employees (full-time, part-time and contract)/ retirees of eligible partner companies and their spouses are allowed to generate up to two (2) PINs per year. Each PIN may be used towards the purchase of a new vehicle under the Plan within 12 months of the date of PIN generation.

The following criteria identify the minimum requirements for a partner company's eligibility. Actual participation in the Plan is at the sole discretion of Ford Motor Company and is contingent on the partner company's continued relationship with Ford Motor Company, and will stay in effect until terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days prior written notice provided to the other party. Ford Motor Company may terminate this program upon thirty (30) days notice at its sole discretion.

· Tier 1 Suppliers
· Business partners providing strategic services on behalf of the Company and having a minimum of 50 employees
· Fleet partners as recommended by the Fleet Dept. National Account Manager
· Selected colleges and universities where Ford Motor Company recruits.
· Organizations with a special relationship to Ford.
o Experimental Aviation Association (1 year minimum membership required)
o Disabled American Veterans

At&T, Air Products, American Red cross, Anderson News, Autozone, Bank of America, Best Buy, Blockbuster, CSX, Caterpillar, Coca Cola, Danka, Disabled American Veterans, Delta, Enterprise RAC, Fed EX, Georgia-Pacific, Harley-Davidson, Hertz, International Paper, KB Toy Stores, Kmart, McDonald's, Nextel, Otis Elevator, Payless, PepsiCo, Pep Boys, Petro, Progressive Insurance, Publix, Radio Shack, Rent-a-Center, Sears, Sherwin-Williams, Snap-on, Solutia, Southern Company, State Farm, Toys R us, U-Haul, United Technologies, Walgreens, Waste Management Inc., Whataburger, Xerox, are just a few of the hundreds of companies that qualify. Please call 1-888-864-6732 (toll free)to find out if your company or parent company qualifies for this program.
Old 6/6/05, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

paying msrp $29,5..there might be the possibility ill be able to get my D-plan closer to arival time.
Old 6/6/05, 08:37 PM

Do what my pop's jsut did.
Tell them that it's BS to charge any amount over MSRP because $5K is gone as soon as it leaves that lot.
And getting overcharged doesn't help the value, just gets ya mad.
and indeed do shop around.
Pop gettin his 06 GT coupe, loaded, dealer has already agreed to $28,500.
Of course he shopped around, and did some wheelin dealin.
Never thought my dad would own another stang after he went to the dark side....
He had a 69 baby blue Mach 1 428CJ and a 69 Ranchero with a 351m, but no floorpans, litaerally had some plywood and a bench seat from a junk yard. Looked like crap inside, but the paint was good, and was screamin fast...
Since then he has owned a some little subaru truck, car thing. A 87 Buik Regal with a 305 from a wrecked Camaro. 98 Chevy Cheyane pickup stock, now he has a 01 Silverado, flowmasters, K&N intake, and a new rear end, forgot what exactly tho.
Now he gettin a Stang...
haha
He already got the cash saved for the flowmasters, CAI, new rear end, chip tune, cams, and he lookin at Kenne Belles.... Oh and he already has the Elanor kit from Thalon. Minus the rims, but he likes the rims he ordered so hey.
Good times with the old man full steam ahead!
Hopefully he can keep up wiht my junker....
82 Olds cutlass with a 351, yes a Ford motor in a GM. It's a Clevland from a Bronco.... I love it to bits, well my stang more but...
Old 6/6/05, 09:12 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vennom800 wrote
and one for $1k under MSRP
Which dealership is that? I live in SATX too.

As far as X-Plan. You can get an 06 GT at X-PLan price next Jun, if you join the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) now.

After 1 year membership you are eligible for the X-Plan. Cost $35 for membership.

FYI: I've heard good things about Leif Johnson Ford (512) 454-9515 in Austin, TX

Just do a word search on Leif Johnson (under search in the upper right hand corner of your screen) select "search All forums", "search entire post", "show results as posts".

Let us know how it turns out. I have a personal interest.
Old 6/6/05, 09:14 PM
GT Member

We could only do the last bit with your Dad - the rest with the plywood and strange mix of vehicles that followed... Nah.
Your Dad sounds like a real character - best of luck with that new Stang!
Old 6/6/05, 09:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, I just started my order process this weekend. My closest dealer said they could order at MSRP (not bad). The next said $3K over MSRP -at least right now on '05's - which he was still trying to get me to order over an '06. (Apparently doesn't know that ordering '05's are all but over). The next dealer 120 miles away just quoted me EIGHT GRAND OVER MSRP TO ORDER! What? Is he nuts?

I've PM'd a few out of state dealers here - and getting some good responses (you know who you are). Anyone else out there willing to take X-plan and drop ship to Tucson, AZ, and have good allocation to be able to deliver in October-December, or even sooner, let me know.
Old 6/6/05, 09:29 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for all the replies. I just had a dealer email me back offering $500 over invoice on an ordered 2006 Mustang GT. That seems like a pretty good deal. I also just graduated college, so I think I can get a recent college grad discount. Is this right guys?

Also, I have heard great things about Leif Johnson Ford in Austin, TX. I am going to contact them also and see what kind of deal they can give me.

I am having a hard time deciding on the color though. I am deciding between Black, Tungsten, Vista Blue, and maybe yellow. Any advice?
Old 6/6/05, 09:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Venom800@June 6, 2005, 11:32 PM
I am having a hard time deciding on the color though. I am deciding between Black, Tungsten, Vista Blue, and maybe yellow. Any advice?

Tungsten!

Quick Reply: 2006 Mustang GT