2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2006 Mustang Father & Son Online Build Project Journal

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/24, 07:02 AM
GT Member

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
@05stangkc If you remember I'm getting the break light on my dash, and I figured it was a gummed up parking break switch. I tore it all down and it looks just fine but I'm guessing it could still be my issue. I took it to Advanced Auto parts but we couldn't find the proper replacement part. Would you and your vast parts knowledge be able to help find the proper part?If its not the switch, I'm not sure whats left other then the cluster itself being the issue

Last edited by dirkpitt289; 4/21/24 at 07:06 AM.
Old 4/21/24, 10:41 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,334 Posts
https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...tml?pnc=15A851

Factory

https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsear...2R3Z-15A851-AB

Aftermarket

@dirkpitt289

KC
Old 4/23/24, 04:55 AM
GT Member

Thank you buddy
The following users liked this post:
05stangkc (4/23/24)
Old 9/9/24, 08:48 PM
GT Member

Hey guys, I'm still here and working on the Mustang. Its just been a bit slow with all the things that come along with summer. We went to Italy, Turkey and Greece a couple weeks back and I figured while were were gone we would sent the car back to the body shop for some work. What I've discovered was that while I love the look of the all black car it tends to blend in and goes un-noticed when we co to car events. So I decided to give it a small splash of color with the hopes of making it pop. So we decided to paint the lower rocker moldings and the new chin spoiled a blue. I also had the hardware holding the front bumper to the fenders fixed (They were spinning) and while they were there I had them replace the old smoked halo projection headlights with a new clear lens set.

05stangkc (9/9/24)
Old 9/10/24, 05:35 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,317 Likes on 1,728 Posts
I like the paint job it looks great.
Old 9/10/24, 05:46 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
I like the paint job it looks great.
Thanks, MF....
Old 9/10/24, 01:52 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,786 Posts
Also really like the rocker panel and chin spoiler color upgrades as well... Meanwhile, congrats on your recent trips to Italy, Turkey and Greece.
Old 9/10/24, 01:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Also really like the rocker panel and chin spoiler color upgrades as well... Meanwhile, congrats on your recent trips to Italy, Turkey and Greece.
Thanks, buddy
Old 9/11/24, 11:03 AM
Clean Machine Supercharged S-197 Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
Wow, I can't believe how good that paint job is. This car has come a long way from where you started. Great job.
Old 9/11/24, 03:07 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,786 Posts
Originally Posted by dirkpitt289
Thanks, buddy
Anytime
Old 9/13/24, 05:18 AM
GT Member

I want to tell you about an issue I have been having with the car lately. When I bought the car the windshield wipers were only working on the high setting. Intermittent and low speeds were inop. The windshield wipers were totally inoperative. Within a week or so of having the car the windshield wipers totally crapped out and we could no longer take the car out in inclement weather. I'm sure for a lot of people that is not a bad thing but for right now this is eventually going to be my daily driver when my twins get their drivers license and start using my truck. After a couple months my radio died. Augh but it wasn't the end of the world. It is kinda on the older side. One day were were doing some other work to the car and had disconnected the battery. When we put the car back together the radio started working. HAZA. Happy little accident? The radio worked for about a week then it went out again. We pulled the radio and checked all the connections but they were solid. Wonderful...Still no radio.

Eventually we got to the point where we decided it was time to get the windshield wipers working. We replaced the wiper motor and HAZA! We had wipers again and the radio was working again. This lasted for about two weeks and in a major rain storm my son got stranded on the New Jersey Turnpike when the wipers stopped working. WTH?? Shortly afterward (weeks later) we started to have another issue where after you would turn off the car the electronics, including the radio would turn on with no keys in the car. One day I took it out and when I got home I turned off the car and was checking my cell phone. I looked up and it was POURING. Where the hell did this rain come from? Then I looked to my left out the side of the car and there was no rain. The "rain" was actually my windshield wipers going crazy with the car OFF. I started the car and they stopped. I turned the car off and the washer started again. It ran the fluid dry and for a while you could still hear the pump going. Eventually it stopped and I went to bed completely perplexed.

The next morning I came out and as I got close to the car I could hear the washer motor going and yet there were no keys in the car. After a couple days the issue seemed to go away. but then a similar issue started and that was when I would turn the car off the electronics like the radio would stay on. The fix for this was to pull the battery cable when the car was not being used. The other day I had the time to look at this problem. I started with the windshield wipers. I pulled the motor out and when I unplugged it water came out of the connector. Here is what I found. It seems there was a crack in the connector housing and thats how the water got in. I've replaced the wiper motor and connector and now EVERYTHING works even the washers and the car turns off when I turn off the key. Fingers crossed this was the cause of my issues.

Anyone else have this or something similar happen to them?

m05fastbackGT (9/15/24)
Old 9/13/24, 11:51 AM
The Analog Admin!

Excellent Post!

Really Shows How a Simple Component Issue Should First Be Addressed By The Connections Going To Actual Component. Could Be Dirty, In this Case Oh My.

A Case of a New Clean Connection Issues is Brought Home Here with Link. Although a Bit of Time Involved in Watching It's Quite Informative.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...issues-551265/

There Was a Recent Thread As Well Where The Op Had Wiper Issues and The Plug Going To The SJB Looked Similar to Yours Although Pins Were Nothing Like Yours. So Now Another Water Intrusion Point on Our S-197's. The Wiper System. So In the Future My First Best Advice To Anybody With Wiper Issues is To Check Wiper Motor First and Also Check Out Cowl Area For Signs of Water Intrusion. I Really Feel Anybody Who Does Not Know History of Car and Purchases One or Has Parked Under Leafy Trees For Years To Inspect Sjb To Head Off Future Issues. Cars Subject To a Lot of Snow Coverage Would Be Suspect as Well!

It Is Tied To So Many Functions on Car. And One Component Issue can Bleed over To Another.

Again Excellent Post & Thanks For Sharing. I'm Going To Tie This and Some Future Electronic Issues To The Lincoln Link.

KC
m05fastbackGT (9/15/24)
Old 9/13/24, 11:56 AM
The Analog Admin!

As Per Your Question of an Odd Issue Like This. I Have a 73 Cougar Convertible That The Headlights Would Come on When You Washed It! Turns Out it had Been in a Front End Collision and They Did an Extremely Sloppy Job of Splice Repairing and The Water Would Cause The Wires To Short & Turn On Headlights. So Moisture Can Do Some Strange Things!

KC
m05fastbackGT (9/15/24)
Old 9/15/24, 04:20 PM
GT Member

I happened to run into the previous owner this morning and we were chatting about this over coffee. He ran into something like this before with the car himself but he only knew about the drain on the passenger side by the cabin filter. He didn't know about the one under the wiper motor. Turns out the drain under the wiper motor was blocked and it aided in flooding the well submerging the motor and connector. I took the car on a small ride to the jersey shore and it handled flawlessly. And turned a lot of heads at the beach. All-in-all a good day
m05fastbackGT (9/15/24)