2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2006 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/05, 10:31 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey everyone,

I'm pushing to get myself a 2006 Vert. I went to my dealership yesterday and talked to my guy. I asked him, because of limited allocation this year and the popularity of the vehicle when should I order.

I have my goal set to order first week in February of 2006, that way it will be there for the summer. He countered that with:

1) The earlier you order the better off you are with price. It's protected from the time you order, however, incentives can be added after your order date. This also protects from the price increase (we know it's comeing), because he noted the trend is that ford won't raise the price right at the begining of the new model year.

2) Dealer allocation, slim slim slim. They got 4 GT verts this year and their allocation is used. If I wait to order in February 2006, I might get allocation however there is another problem.

The other problem with the allocation is, my friend wants to order the same time. She and I made a pact. Order at the same time.

So what does everyone think. I know information on the '06 is slim until the end of this month, early next month. I think the major question here is allocation vs wait time vs order date.

By the by, the dealer is a family friend, he's honest as honest can be and I'm getting the cars at invoice less dealer incentives. So he's not pushing for me to order simply to make cash.

For those who are curious

HIS:
2006 GT Convertible
Tungsten (if available)
18" Fan Blades (if available)
ICAP
IUP
Active Anti-Theft
Side AirBags
Wheel Locks
5 Speed Manual Trans
Shaker1000