2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2005 Roush Mustang (Sept 1st)

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/04, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jarradasay@August 5, 2004, 3:58 PM
Ford Cant do that. Aftermarket compaines can do whatever they want.
Ahh but you would be truly surprised what Ford can do to keep after market suppliers in their proper place I am not telling more
Old 8/5/04, 10:24 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
about this whole stripes thing, the stripes on the Roush's look thinner the stripes Shelby uses anyway, so even if ford did have legal control over the shelby stripes, there wouldn't be a problem right? cuz Roush stripes r thinner. correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 8/5/04, 10:46 PM

Originally posted by future9er24@August 5, 2004, 10:27 PM
about this whole stripes thing, the stripes on the Roush's look thinner the stripes Shelby uses anyway, so even if ford did have legal control over the shelby stripes, there wouldn't be a problem right? cuz Roush stripes r thinner. correct me if i'm wrong.
Well yes Roush stripes are narrower but still they mimick Shelby's theme too close for comfort. Note from the pictures posted by Brad the side stripes with 380R which resembles Shelby's 350H. As I see it either Shelby or Roush is going to have to find another theme. My money at this point would be to bet that Shelby will reinvent itself allowing Roush to keep their current theme.

No one saying Ford has legal control over the various stripe & scoop themes. However I am suggesting Ford has other means to force speed suppliers into compliance.
Old 8/6/04, 07:43 AM
GT Member

This looks really awesome, just scroll down to see the two shinaoda picks they have...

http://www.teamshinoda.com/
Old 8/6/04, 07:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nah, those are poor chops. I could make better quality, easily.
Old 8/6/04, 07:50 AM
GT Member

Yes poor chops, but the concept is awesome. That's pretty much how they will look. I can't wait to see the graphics to do an 05 Boss.
Old 8/6/04, 08:21 AM
GT Member

Ford doesn't have any say so in what after market companies do to the new Mustangs. Why? Because there wouldn't be any after market companies working on new Mustang models if Ford was involved in their decisions.

Simply put, Saleen, Roush, Steeda, etc. are in competition with each other and Ford's own Cobra and SE models. Alot of those companies lost sales due to the '03-'04 Cobra. The Cobras put out performance greater than the aftermarket cars for a lower price. I'm sure Ford likes selling more Mustangs through the after market companies, but if they had a say so, then they would make sure their own performance models were always at the top.

So, if Roush wants to put on stripes, a shaker hood, a blower, and ducktail spoiler, then they can. Believe me, none of those companies can afford to sit by while Ford fills all the performance niches, and takes all the cool ideas for themselves. There isn't a market for a high-priced Roush Mustang if it is only slightly faster and mildly different looking than the regular GT. It has to stand out in both the looks and performance areas.
Old 8/6/04, 08:23 AM
GT Member

Also, from everything i have seen and heard, Shelby isn't actually producing any Mustangs. His position with Ford at this point is a technical advisor/ marketing figure head. Ford and SVT will do all the work on any Shelby Mustangs that are produced. Carroll will be asked for advice and ideas along the way, but mainly he will put his name on the finished product and stand by it at the auto shows. I love Carroll Shelby, but he isn't running a aftermarket company like Roush or Saleen these days. The next Shelby Mustang will be all Ford built from the factory.
Old 8/6/04, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by 97RedSnake@August 6, 2004, 8:26 AM
Also, from everything i have seen and heard, Shelby isn't actually producing any Mustangs. His position with Ford at this point is a technical advisor/ marketing figure head. Ford and SVT will do all the work on any Shelby Mustangs that are produced. Carroll will be asked for advice and ideas along the way, but mainly he will put his name on the finished product and stand by it at the auto shows. I love Carroll Shelby, but he isn't running a aftermarket company like Roush or Saleen these days. The next Shelby Mustang will be all Ford built from the factory.
True...it should be really interesting to watch how these muscle car wars will heat up within various stang speed shops and from other brands. The possibilities are endless I am not even sure where this will go. But it has to be much better than the crap I've been watching for the last 30 years.