2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 MUSTANG TEST DRIVE !

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/04, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again, I have found an article about the latest and top secret test drive of the all new 2005 Mustang ¡¡¡. The information is in Spanish, my source is the same that the last information shared in this forum:

IN ENGLISH, TRANSLATED BY BABELFISH, ALTAVISTA:
Brad, I am the guy that asked a few days ago about a 1969 Mustang Boss or Mach I.

Por ALBERTO BORTONI/ENVIADO/Grupo Reforma :worship: :worship: :worship:

Detroit, United States. At November 2003, Ford did a cruel invitation to us. It consisted of handling new Mustang 2005 but only in a small circuit devised by them, without happening of 40 miles per hour in the curves, without being able to take photos and we could not say nothing until January. What class of invitation is that? Obvious we acceded to first and we amused ourselves like children! Finally January has arrived and we already can tell ours first experience with the survivor of the American Muscle Cars.

When it made debut as conceptual model exactly a year ago in Detroit, the new Mustang took sighs. Their similarity to the Mustang of end of 60’s gives a nostalgic air that not only the enthusiastic ones of the mark perceive. The production model has a few changes with respect to the conceptual one and surely it will have the same effect in the rooms of exhibition that in the Autoshow de Detroit. But in this occasion we happened admiring its outside just a short time.

And it is that from the seat it is not reached nothing else to see that the horizon and the long coffer. The sensation is without a doubt the one of authentic a sport American. For that they are thinking that sport and American perm*tanme is a contradiction of terms to clarify the term. If a BMW plays in the NBA the Mustang plays in the NFL, that class of sport. The muscle of the Mustang is in its V8 motor of 4,6 liters. Ford took the low part from present motor 4,6 and it placed the aluminum heads to him of motor 5.4. These heads are of 3 valves by cylinders and are of a single camshaft. The body of acceleration now doubles and 55 mm. The equivalent one in the present version would be of 75 mm approximately.

On this new motor the Mustang counts on 300 rpm and 315 6.000 HP to lb-foot of 4.500 pair to rpm. The red line since it is a V8 is in the 6.250 rpm. The transmission is of five speeds manual. Ford uses Tremec 3650 for the V8 motor and the T-5 for the V6. In addition the automatic one of five speeds in both motorizations is available. The back suspension also changed, but it continues being rigid axis. According to Ford the feedback which they had of the present owners of Mustang was that the new one must have rigid axis by its resistance.

And perhaps it is certain, after all they were the same people who in 1985 said that the Mustang had to maintain the carburetor. Unlike the present suspension, the axis now counts on three arms instead of four. Also it counts on one barrra Panhard and stabilizer bar in version GT. In our test the negative effects of a dependent suspension and with its mass without cushioning did not feel, but after all we were in a perfectly flat surface. In strong startings the suspension makes its work exceptionally well. It absorbs the 300 horses and it plants them to the floor without no alteration and hurling. :worship:

In the time which we shared with the Mustang, respectable members of the industry and I, we tested objective like typical burnout, the amused ones “donuts” or simply starting with the accelerator to bottom and sliding the clutch. The Mustang left victorious and the smiling conductors all and each one. We did not have the opportunity to handle it to the limit in the curves, 40 miles per hour are not enough. But we could compare it with the present version and is a significant difference. The new Mustang feels more direct, more agile and more solid. As far as the interior nostalgia talks about returns to make its presence. :worship: :worship:

The instrument panel remembers us to the first Mustang, but this time with much more technology. The illumination is on the basis of LEDs, that now can be formed by the conductor to select anyone of the 125 colors available. :worship:

It is possible to stand out that the ergonomics of the front and back seats improved considerably. Still they are not the best ones of the industry, but with respect to the present version the improvement is easily perceivable. Another change is the position of the handle of speeds. Now better it is located and without the curved rod that the present version has.

What do you think guys???
Greeting

Monterrey, Mexico
Old 4/2/04, 09:24 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was hard to understand,but if Im correct
Old 4/2/04, 09:27 AM

I wish I could make the translation by my own, but I don't have enought time to perform that task.
Old 4/2/04, 09:51 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I got it
and its gooood
Old 4/2/04, 11:10 AM
GT Member

"The handle of speeds"...ROFL! I love it! It's like the Jedi euphemism for gearshift!

Seriously though, that article paints a pretty picture and I'm even more excited to get a crack at my own test drive of this car.
Old 4/2/04, 11:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

I agree, I think maybe Yoda wrote that article!!!
Old 4/2/04, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

awesome :worship:
Old 4/2/04, 12:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That very good news
Old 4/4/04, 12:08 AM

And that test drive was made at low speed... I would like to hear the roaring of that sick engine so loud.
Old 4/4/04, 10:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The good news it is that I see, I wait hardly cant untill releases in fall of americas. The awesomest Torch Red will I order and drive with leather cow seats also in red colour. Stripes of black on pavement I will make many times
Old 4/4/04, 11:06 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 4/6/04, 11:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

The good news it is that I see, I wait hardly cant untill releases in fall of americas. The awesomest Torch Red will I order and drive with leather cow seats also in red colour. Stripes of black on pavement I will make many times
You are a funny man, kevin...I'm still laughing as I write this