2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2005 Mustang Launch Celebration

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/04, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings all,
I joined this site a while ago but just like in real life I have pretty much slipped back into the shadows and just watch from a distance. However this post was enough to even bring me out of my self-induced-solitude. I have fed my obsession from this site for some time and was very happy to make a donation to give just a little back. In addition, Brad has done so much to promote this car that I was very gratified to see Ford giving a little recognition. Bravo to you Ford for supporting those who support you and sincere thanks to you Brad for creating and maintaining a positive home for all of us here.
Old 9/3/04, 01:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Donation in!! Have a great trip Brad!! TMS rocks!!

Old 9/3/04, 04:29 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by BlueStangVert@September 3, 2004, 12:35 AM
This is unreal. There is no way I could have gone to Detroit without your help. Thank you.
Donation already made.....but you knew that anyway!

Have a good trip Brad, you sure deserve it
Old 9/3/04, 06:27 AM
Cobra Member

Brad, Please ask about the 18 inch wheels and SE. Maybe something has changed by the time late September rolls around?!
Old 9/3/04, 07:29 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah, I have a few questions on my list:

Confirm my list of colors
18" wheels
SE
Bullitt legal issues vs. dark green GT
Steering wheel rumors (3-spoke to continue?)
Convertible hard boot
Convertible material (vinyl vs. cloth)
Next body style change?
V-6 replacement time table
Old 9/3/04, 07:38 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome news
Old 9/3/04, 07:55 AM
V6 Member

Wink

Hi everybody! I know I don't ever post here but I felt that now was an appropriate time. The generosity that you have all shown Brad is amazing! I just hope you all know how much he really appreciates it. This forum and all of its members mean so much to him and is truly an place of hapiness for him. I am very proud of him for being invited to this event and I appreciate all you are doing for him! I know he is very anxious to be go to this event, get some great photos, and ask as many questions and report back to all of you as soon as he can! I can't thank you enough and thank you for continuing to make these forums such a great place to visit!

Bridget- Brad's wife
Old 9/3/04, 08:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Donation made. It is well deserved considering how much information and entertainment this site has provided me over the last year and change. Have a great time Brad.
Old 9/3/04, 08:13 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bridget you don't get jelaous of all the time brad spends here do you?

By the way, love the sig
Brad Totaled my Silver 1998 Coupe
Old 9/3/04, 08:18 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Brad'sPerfectWife@September 3, 2004, 9:58 AM
Hi everybody! I know I don't ever post here but I felt that now was an appropriate time. The generosity that you have all shown Brad is amazing! I just hope you all know how much he really appreciates it. This forum and all of its members mean so much to him and is truly an place of hapiness for him. I am very proud of him for being invited to this event and I appreciate all you are doing for him! I know he is very anxious to be go to this event, get some great photos, and ask as many questions and report back to all of you as soon as he can! I can't thank you enough and thank you for continuing to make these forums such a great place to visit!

Bridget- Brad's wife
Eeeeekkkkk, it's the other half!

Bridget, thanks for letting Brad spend so much time dealing with this site. It is a shame you cannot go with him.

James
Old 9/3/04, 08:29 AM
V6 Member

I don't get jealous of the time he spends on here. Sometimes I get frustrated when I am trying to tell him something important, like trying to show him a really cute new outfit I got! Just Kidding. He is really good about managing his time. I don't ever feel neglected! Plus after he has been talking Mustangs he is always in such a good mood!

I wish I could go too. I am working on it. It is just that I started a new job about a month ago and I will be having tests in class that week. But, my parents really want me to be able to go with him and they told me that if I can manage to get out of work and class they would help me with the airfare. So maybe I will get to go and support him!
Old 9/3/04, 08:52 AM
V6 Member

Brad,

If it wasn't for you and this website I would have been bouncing off the walls a LONG time ago while waiting for info! I haven't had a Mustang to drive since 2000 when I retired my 86 5.0 GT (225K miles) and I've been waiting for the newest incarnation since then. And now it's finally here (almost ). The least I could do is send the money I would have spent on a few magazines (which would have ended up having no new info anyway...). Please enjoy yourself and have a great time!

Rob
Old 9/3/04, 09:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Donation Sent... Thanks for such a great site.
Old 9/3/04, 09:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Brad'sPerfectWife@September 3, 2004, 8:32 AM
I don't get jealous of the time he spends on here. Sometimes I get frustrated when I am trying to tell him something important, like trying to show him a really cute new outfit I got!
Well, you could always get even and spend more time over at Escape-Central.com ...

Yeah, now I'm addicted to two car sites, good thing I really am mainly interested in Ford...
Old 9/3/04, 09:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
The check is in the mail. Have a great time and you know you have got to bring us some awesome pics. Thanks for all the hard work and effort you have put into this wonderful fount of Mustang knowledge known as The Mustang Source. I believe I speak for everyone here when I say, thank you, you deserve it.
Old 9/3/04, 09:42 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Hey Bridget I hope it works out for you to go. Will probably be a nice vacation. If you guys had a dollar for everytime I visited this site you would be rich people by now!!
Old 9/3/04, 09:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wish I could have given a little more, but that is all I had in my paypal account. I don't get paid until next week.

Hope it helps.
Old 9/3/04, 10:09 AM
GT Member

Any idea what happens at the Celebration? I wonder if the dealers can get the people who ordered cars an entry? It would be great to see the line running.
Old 9/3/04, 10:31 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Donation made! Good luck, I can't wait to see the pics!

Jayguy
Old 9/3/04, 03:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Sept. 27th? Umm.... Does this mean that the people that make the cars will be otherwise occupied on that day?

I have pretty serious reasons for asking.

Redfire GT
Shaker 1000
5-speed
Build date 9/27/04

Seriously though, glad you will be there, If you see a Redfire with Med. parchment cloth interior, make sure they do a good job.

Quick Reply: 2005 Mustang Launch Celebration