2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2005 Mustang GT Orders May Not Be Filled

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/05, 11:54 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jwede+April 5, 2005, 11:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jwede @ April 5, 2005, 11:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-moc1976@April 5, 2005, 11:43 AM

Guess I'm just frustrated cause its been over 10 weeks since I ordered and I'm still c/u. Who else can I blame but Ford? Guess its my fault for not ordering earlier
10 Weeks? I don't even remember when I was 10 weeks....

There has to be a logical reason as to whey they are producing what they are producing (as far as the mix goes) If dealers are taking the V-6s as to fill their allocation then Ford will build them.
[/b][/quote]

Just 10 Weeks, you are justed getting started.

Good luck.

Oscar
Old 4/5/05, 12:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by moc1976@April 5, 2005, 11:43 AM
Guess its my fault for not ordering earlier
Naw...if you ordered earlier, you'd just be more frustrated.
Old 4/5/05, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

It looks like all of you with "Clean & Unscheduled" should cancel their 05 order and get the 06, it will be a much better car.

Old 4/5/05, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MustangDan@April 5, 2005, 4:23 PM
It looks like all of you with "Clean & Unscheduled" should cancel their 05 order and get the 06, it will be a much better car.

Or maybe an 07 which will be a much, much better car.
Old 4/5/05, 05:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hear ya MOC1976, I should have ordered mine last fall too but everyone told me "wait till the hype dies down and pay less and blah blah blah"...meatheads What I mean about the production is when they bring a line on they know it takes say 10 minutes to make a car from start to finish. Picking hypothetical times heer as I have no clue how long it takes. So they can make 144 per day per line. So they tool up millions or more on the line and make decisions on past sales numbers, feedback, and whatever else and decide to set capacity. Now all of a sudden sales have exceded their wildest expectations and they have to add another line or add to an existing line. All of their parts suppliers have to ramp up production as well. They have to have their vendors do the same down the line. So I would guess by the time someone high up at Ford makes the call to increase production until the time they will see a significant increase in capacity to produce more cars would have to be a month. They may have to hire more people, train those people so they dont make bad parts...god help us...being in more machining centers and so forth. The resources required to do something like this are no small task. From what I see of some of the people getting faster deliveries on their cars from a few months ago it seems to me that the increase is having an effect. But as I said before there are only so many hours in a day and so many days in a month....Welcome to the world of lean manufacturing!
Old 4/5/05, 09:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Actually, I waited for a couple reasons. Why order a new Mustang headed into what turned out to be the snowiest winter in Northeat Wisconsin in 8 years and i also waited until the IUP order freeze was removed. I just never figured that you would order a car 3 months after it went into production and not be able to get one. The problem is Ford sent them all to Florida, California and points south. most dealers up here have been lucky to see one Mustang GT all year. You can't sell if you don't get em!

My order was submitted on 2/21 and I am still clean and unscheduled. My dealer (One of the higher volume dealers in this part of Wisconsin) had 9 customer orders ahead of mine, as well as 4 stock orders that dated back to October.

I guess if I am unscheduled on 6/24, I will be ordering a new GT that morning and cancelling my 05 order.

P.S. Anyone know what Vista Blue will look like?
Old 5/15/05, 12:10 PM
V6 Member

Smile

Originally posted by Juice@April 5, 2005, 11:03 PM
Actually, I waited for a couple reasons. Why order a new Mustang headed into what turned out to be the snowiest winter in Northeat Wisconsin in 8 years and i also waited until the IUP order freeze was removed. I just never figured that you would order a car 3 months after it went into production and not be able to get one. The problem is Ford sent them all to Florida, California and points south. most dealers up here have been lucky to see one Mustang GT all year. You can't sell if you don't get em!

My order was submitted on 2/21 and I am still clean and unscheduled. My dealer (One of the higher volume dealers in this part of Wisconsin) had 9 customer orders ahead of mine, as well as 4 stock orders that dated back to October.

I guess if I am unscheduled on 6/24, I will be ordering a new GT that morning and cancelling my 05 order.

P.S. Anyone know what Vista Blue will look like?
Old 5/15/05, 12:49 PM
V6 Member

I just started reading on this sight about a week ago. I ordered a redfire GT vert with all the options on 02-18. Spoke to the dealer on 5-13 and you guys seem to know more than him. He still thinks that I will see my car sometime in July. I'm thinking not. So does any one know when the 2005 production will be stopped and the 2006 will start?
Old 5/15/05, 01:12 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by skitch@May 15, 2005, 2:52 PM
I just started reading on this sight about a week ago. I ordered a redfire GT vert with all the options on 02-18. Spoke to the dealer on 5-13 and you guys seem to know more than him. He still thinks that I will see my car sometime in July. I'm thinking not. So does any one know when the 2005 production will be stopped and the 2006 will start?
I believe 05 production stops sometime in July, they re-tool and/or set up for the 06 production that starts early August I think around the 8th. I am very stressed :bang: , because I ordered a 05 Sonic Blue GT a few months ago and I think its going to get pushed to an 06 order, and by the looks of it Sonic Blue is no longer offered for the 06 model/year build…
Old 5/15/05, 01:23 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Vallee@May 15, 2005, 3:15 PM
I believe 05 production stops sometime in July, they re-tool and/or set up for the 06 production that starts early August I think around the 8th. I am very stressed :bang: , because I ordered a 05 Sonic Blue GT a few months ago and I think its going to get pushed to an 06 order, and by the looks of it Sonic Blue is no longer offered for the 06 model/year build…
This kind of stinks. I sold my 89 vert 2 weeks ago getting ready for the 05 that I was told I was going to have in June. :bang: Now I'm thinking I'll be stuck in my truck the whole summer. Well if I have to wait then that's what I'll do. On another note, did you see the rims on the 05 vert show car ford had. No one at the shows could tell me where those rims are from. My dealer did say he thinks they will offer them on th 06. I guess that would be one good thing if I have to wait.