2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

15 years prior to Mustang no tickets....

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/06, 08:07 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
It helps if you don't tell the cop he is full of ****.
Well yes I suppose that would help. lol. Still bitter about that little mix up huh?
Old 10/2/06, 08:19 PM
GT Member

My last ticket was in Florida. 69 in a 60, AS I WAS PASSING THE SIGN DECREASING IT FROM 70 TO 60. Couldn't believe it. And I was driving a four-door Saturn sedan. Go figure. But I was wearing my uniform, and you KNOW those guys go after military, because they know we have no time to fight it and will just pay up. I think it was $180 or so, but that was 4 years ago.

Nothing in the 'Stang (knock on wood...)
Old 10/2/06, 09:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
The cops are ALWAYS more suspicous of a Mustang regardless of what year or color it is. I don't drive mine full time but when I do, I swear I am 60-80% more likely to get pulled over. I don't recall being pulled over in either of my other 2 vehicles, just the Mustangs.

Maybe we should call it automotive profiling.

That's for sure! I got pulled over in TX for doing 73 in a 70! When the officer saw it was an old coot driving (me) he just said have a nice day and let me go.
Old 10/2/06, 09:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Tedz Pony
My last ticket was in Florida. 69 in a 60, AS I WAS PASSING THE SIGN DECREASING IT FROM 70 TO 60. Couldn't believe it. And I was driving a four-door Saturn sedan. Go figure. But I was wearing my uniform, and you KNOW those guys go after military, because they know we have no time to fight it and will just pay up. I think it was $180 or so, but that was 4 years ago.

DONT JINX IT
Old 10/2/06, 09:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
It helps if you don't tell the cop he is full of ****.

I don't see this as a good course of action...but hey, that's just me...
Old 10/2/06, 10:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

I got tagged for 70 in a 45, cost me ~$300. Prob should've fought it as the cop wrote it for 70 in a 40. I was absolutely speeding though and the fine/points were the same. If you wanna play you gotta pay, takes all the fun out of driving though.

I grew up in the desert where you hardly ever saw a cop and the CHP played fair back then. No radar, just good old fashioned pacing.

I miss those days, you know, when they weren't relying on ticket income for the budget.
Old 10/3/06, 02:38 AM
Cobra Member

i know a buddy of mine...got banged for 117 in a 55.......
Old 10/3/06, 05:38 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by mustangkid18
Well yes I suppose that would help. lol. Still bitter about that little mix up huh?

Oh yea.

I hear I wouldn't have gotten a ticket if I wouldn't have said that. Too late now, I was just being honest.

Here's Alabamas:
http://traffic.alacourt.gov/trafficf...?county=Shelby
Old 10/3/06, 10:51 AM
Cobra Member

The best story I have is when I was driving from Denver to Albuquerque one night for my buddy's birthday... it was about 2am, and I was doin' a good buck 20 in my '88 GT. There was a car in the fast lane up ahead, and instead of getting up on someone's **** and flashin' my lights and carrying on about it.. I find it a lot less of a hassel to just pass them in the outside lane. It's 2 in the morning.... I'm the only car for miles, except this idiot in the fast lane... who cares, right?
Well.. goin' as fast as I was, I didn't notice the car until I was right up on it and passing.. all the reflective badges light up in my headlights. I blew right on past this deputy. Before he even turned his lights on, since I knew what was coming.... I just went ahead and started to pull over. It took him a few seconds to react before he light me up... and I waited on the side of the road for him to catch up...
He asked me if I knew how fast I was going..... I told him I really had no idea since my speedo stopped at 85. He asked me if I cared to guess.... and I said maybe 92?... I think he knew I was full of it.
The end of this long story it that he let me off the hook... gave me one of those, "I'm gonna give you a warning, but I'm gonna put you in the system, and if you get into any trouble while you're down here, this is going to come back on you" kinda lectures... I didn't care whether or not he was bluffing.... I was just greatful he didn't take my *** to jail.
Old 10/3/06, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

I live in the Memphis, TN area and if you get caught below 10 over a lot of times they'll dismiss it for the fine and it won't go on your record. If you're going 10-20 over, it is worth the time to go to court on your assigned day and they'll usually offer you the opportunity to go to driving school if you have a good record and haven't been to driving school in 3 years. I can't remember the rule, but I think 25 over is reckless driving. Of course it costs $25 and a half a day of your time to go to the class, and the court costs are about $70, but at least it doesn't go on your record. The laws probably vary from state to state, but I'll go to great lengths to keep a ticket off my driving record.
Old 10/3/06, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

The thing is, 80mph is the real sweet spot in these cars. I have had two speeding tickets in 37 years of driving, and yes, one was in the Stang.
Old 10/3/06, 12:24 PM
V6 Member

87 in a 55 - 380 in Atl Ga.
72 in a 45 - 325 in Roswell Ga

After the second, I dropped a G on radar detectors and laser jammers....
Old 10/3/06, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

How did you guys get caught in Atlanta, GA?

Was down ther last Oct for the race in the Stang & if you weren't doing 15-20 over you got ran over. I saw 2 cops. One guy sitting there on his motorcycle with his radar gun pointed at traffic & not stopping a soul. We were doing at least 10 over & were getting past left & right.

That being said I've been pulled over 3 times. Once for passing a cop (on a 4 lane) was doing 45 in a 40. He was a reall a$$hole saying thing like "well you need to have more respect for cops than that" "if I am doing 40 & your passing me then I think your speeding". But he let me off with a warning so I couldn't say anything.

2nd time I was "clocked" at 68 in a 55 & then he "paced" me & "yes you were speeding". My reply "Yeap because you were riding my tail". And this was a THP. And he "clocked" me at 68 while I was supposedly in a curve that NOONE does 68 in. Especially at night with the roads wet. I would have rolled my car into the middle of the field on the side. Everyone who knows that curve says it's impossible to do 68 in it like that. But he also let me go with a "warning".

3rd time Gibson county. 1st time driving in Milan. 58 in a 30. I was actually slowing down when he pulled me over. But that didn't matter. I got the ticket. Would have cost approx 130. But I told my granddad about it (in conversation) & he knew a guy pretty high up in the city. The man got it "taken care of" for me so I actually paid nothing.

The next time I was down there I was sitting on 30 & people with Gibson County taggs were passing me like I was sitting still. Needless to say I am, to this day, cussing Gibson Counties dirtest & so help me if they ever pull me over again. Let's just say, I will probably need bail money.

Anyway. That's all of my stories.
Old 10/3/06, 04:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
**Knocking on Wood** I have been pulled over many more times in non sports cars than I ever have in my Mustangs. Hopefully it stays that way. I have no radar or laser detector either.
Old 10/3/06, 07:26 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kerafaith
How did you guys get caught in Atlanta, GA?
I have the same question. Last time I was in GA, if I didn't go at least 20 over the limit the locals would just about run me off the road for going too slow.
Old 10/3/06, 08:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Tedz Pony

I've gotten pulled over twice off base since I joined the AF, and I got off both times. I just showed the one officer my military id along with my DL ( I was on leave at home) and the other one new I was AF because I was on my way to base.
Old 10/3/06, 09:54 PM
GT Member

That last ticket I got was in Texas doing around 92mph and that ticket cost me $120 cash. But it didn't should up on my record here in Calif. ???

But next time I do get pulled over and with my stang. I'll ask the cop if he would like to drive it and forget about the ticket. 05 mustang with Saleen S/C putting 420hp to the wheels with 390tq. What do you think, will the cop take the deal??? LOL
Old 10/3/06, 09:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by MSgt46270
That last ticket I got was in Texas doing around 92mph and that ticket cost me $120 cash. But it didn't should up on my record here in Calif. ???

But next time I do get pulled over and with my stang. I'll ask the cop if he would like to drive it and forget about the ticket. 05 mustang with Saleen S/C putting 420hp to the wheels with 390tq. What do you think, will the cop take the deal??? LOL
Old 10/3/06, 09:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
I've gotten pulled over twice off base since I joined the AF, and I got off both times. I just showed the one officer my military id along with my DL ( I was on leave at home) and the other one new I was AF because I was on my way to base.
That never worked for me when I was in the Air Force, your lucky.
Old 10/4/06, 04:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by keeper
Obviously...I meant if the cop does not show you will get off.....

Not necessarily. I had one case where the cop did not show but had an eyewitness show up instead. The ticket still stuck but I got it down to a no point offense (most important thing).

Quick Reply: 15 years prior to Mustang no tickets....