2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

'07 Mustang GT Tungsten w/GT Appearance Package Order

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/06, 09:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I was given a partial VIN today, although it is in a format that looks different than what I've seen in other posts (_ _ VFT82H _ 7 _ _ _ _ _ _ _). I was also told that it should be fully scheduled within the next 5-7 days.

In addition, the CDC chin spoiler was ordered today, and our own 05stangkc is waiting on confirmation for the SSE Gen 1 3-pc ducktail spoiler he ordered for me.
Old 6/21/06, 06:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
I was given a partial VIN today, although it is in a format that looks different than what I've seen in other posts (_ _ VFT82H _ 7 _ _ _ _ _ _ _). I was also told that it should be fully scheduled within the next 5-7 days.

In addition, the CDC chin spoiler was ordered today, and our own 05stangkc is waiting on confirmation for the SSE Gen 1 3-pc ducktail spoiler.
I got serialized on 4/27. Hasn't helped me much as I wait for production the week of 7/17.
Old 6/21/06, 07:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
I got serialized on 4/27. Hasn't helped me much as I wait for production the week of 7/17.
I am guessing some of your wait was because production did not start until early June. At this point, the dealer's original estimate was mid-to-late August for the one I ordered.

I would love to talk to the plant's production schedulers!
Old 6/23/06, 09:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I have the VIN as of today - 1ZVFT82H875217647. I also got part #2 yesterday...
Attached Thumbnails '07 Mustang GT Tungsten w/GT Appearance Package Order-cdc_chin_spoiler_b4prep_resize.jpg  
Old 6/26/06, 10:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Part #3 arrived today...on to test fitting all 3 and snapping a few photos of a Mustang with hood scoop.
Attached Thumbnails '07 Mustang GT Tungsten w/GT Appearance Package Order-sse_ducktail_resize.jpg  
Old 6/26/06, 10:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by incomingRPG
Congratulations Tony. Please post some pictures when you can, looking forward to seeing some of the interior photos.
I think the interior will look like this (except the seats will be cloth and hopefully have those ponies on them!)...
Attached Thumbnails '07 Mustang GT Tungsten w/GT Appearance Package Order-07_isa.jpg  
Old 6/26/06, 10:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I think the interior will look like this (except the seats will be cloth and hopefully have those ponies on them!)...
Looks good. Do you think the seats will be graphite or dark charcoal?
Old 6/27/06, 09:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by incomingRPG
Looks good. Do you think the seats will be graphite or dark charcoal?
Your guess is as good as mine. I am thinking black, since that picture came from a Ford marketing PowerPoint presentation associated with the ISA description.
Old 6/27/06, 09:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I was told today the car is scheduled for the last week of July...getting closer! The car will come via truck straight down I75 to Cincinnati, so there hopefully will not be much delay between production and delivery (7-14 days was the estimate from the dealer).
Old 6/27/06, 09:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was told today the car is scheduled for the last week of July...getting closer! The car will come via truck straight down I75 to Cincinnati, so there hopefully will not be much delay between production and delivery (7-14 days was the estimate from the dealer).

Don't worried Tony you going get it by next week or so,
Old 7/18/06, 12:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The production date is Wednesday, July 26, 2006...getting closer. The ERL said the car will be at the dealer the following week.
Old 7/19/06, 09:58 AM
GT Member

Tony - looks like you've ordered something fairly close to what I want. I was curious, though, why you opted for cloth seats instead of leather?

I hope your car arrives soon. I can imagine you are primed and ready to get her!
Old 7/20/06, 05:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by flieger67
Tony - looks like you've ordered something fairly close to what I want. I was curious, though, why you opted for cloth seats instead of leather?

I hope your car arrives soon. I can imagine you are primed and ready to get her!
Two reasons - 1) I wanted the extra grip of cloth and 2) I wanted the little ponies. My next door neighbor had a '65 with the Pony Package interior, which I always thought was neat. I have not seen anyone verify whether the black seats with the Sport Appearance Package, assuming they are black, have that pattern. I am hoping they will, otherwise I will have to come up with another reason!

I have wanted an S197 Mustang since April 2004, when I first saw some of the prototypes in Nashville, TN, during the MCA Mustang 40th Anniversary show. It's been a bit of wait!
Old 7/20/06, 07:36 AM
GT Member

I was wondering if perhaps you were going to replace the seats, but it sounds like you've got a couple of very good reasons for going cloth. I did like the pattern on the cloth seats, too.

Good luck on getting yours soon. I'm awaiting the end of August when my wife and I put in our order for a Tungsten GT. Hopefully I'll join you as an S197 owner by late October.
Old 7/20/06, 08:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by flieger67
I was wondering if perhaps you were going to replace the seats, but it sounds like you've got a couple of very good reasons for going cloth. I did like the pattern on the cloth seats, too.

Good luck on getting yours soon. I'm awaiting the end of August when my wife and I put in our order for a Tungsten GT. Hopefully I'll join you as an S197 owner by late October.
Maybe you ought to bump up that plan to order sooner

I am looking forward to this car. It is the only one I have ever ordered. All the others were purchased off the lot.
Old 7/21/06, 05:06 PM
GT Member

Maybe you ought to bump up that plan to order sooner

I am looking forward to this car. It is the only one I have ever ordered. All the others were purchased off the lot.
Trust me, I wish I could have ordered it a month or two ago.

Like you, this will be my first ordered vehicle. However, the GT will also be my first-ever new car. My other vehicles have all been used, er, I mean "pre-owned".
Old 7/31/06, 07:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I learned that my car was built during the night shift over Thursday, July 27, 2006 and came off the line around 5:30am on Friday, July 28, 2006. I was deparately trying to arrange a trip to see it built in person, but I think I would have been kind of sleepy trying to watch it overnight.

Even closer now...
Old 7/31/06, 07:34 AM
Cobra Member

Avoiding the dreaded "6/6/06" date, I will be completing the order at X-plan price for an '07 GT coupe with these specs tomorrow - ...
WUSS!

(Note date in description of car at left...)
Old 7/31/06, 08:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by pitpup
WUSS!

(Note date in description of car at left...)
I leave the honor to have the Grabbah Dabbah Doo devil car to you!
Old 7/31/06, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

I leave the honor to have the Grabbah Dabbah Doo devil car to you!
Don't forget Ed (ISELLFORD). His vert is a devil child, too! Only his car came with chics. Go figgur...

Quick Reply: '07 Mustang GT Tungsten w/GT Appearance Package Order