2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

07-08 GT vs 04 Mach1

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/07, 05:52 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by HEADACHEZ
2nd, Also I raced a Mach 1 that was not stock in my bone stock 07 GT, before Flowmasters. We were side by side traveling at speeds about 10mph, when he stepped on it and pulled out about 3/4 of a car length. I punched it and slammed 2nd (insert tire chirp) He also floored it by this time as at the top of 2nd and nearly dead even with him with both of us at WOT, remember he started of ahead of me. Now I slam into 3rd not a perfect shift on part and pulled ahead leaving him about 1/4 to almost 1/2 a car length behind, never hit 4th but I sure if I did it would have been more than over. Now this is a bone stock 5speed GT with a 3:31's in the rear.

Long story short go with the S197
What does that prove? I've raced (at an actual drag strip) many 2005+ Mustangs and beat them. I've also been beat by a few. I've run a best of 12.9 in my Mach and my engine/drivetrain is stock (but I do have some suspension/chassis mods).

They are both excellent cars and it really comes down to a drivers race, at least at the drag strip.

I was fortunate enough (thanks to Brad) to drive the 2006 CDC Supercharged Mustang Convertible last summer at Barbers Motorsport Park and it is a fantastic machine!! Smooth, powerful, gorgeous, and **** fast. It was the first blown 2005+ Mustang I had driven and it made me think for a moment about selling my Mach . . . and I don't even like convertibles! (It did make me want a supercharger even more!) However for me, I like my Mach better. It's cool there are so many choices (save for a ~400hp SE currently) for Mustang lovers to choose from at the moment over the last 3-5 years.

I didn't buy my Mach with any wishes of collecting the car, I purchased it to drive. Now, it is my second car so she isn't a DD, but I have taken a number of road trips to Alabama and Tennessee. I grew up with Fox bodies so I have no issues driving the Mach (I'm 6'1 190lbs). My knees don't hit and I don't feel cramped at all (I did at first after selling my last 1986 Capri, but not anymore.)

I don't think you can go wrong whatever your decision. Good luck!
Old 5/1/07, 08:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
What does that prove? I've raced (at an actual drag strip) many 2005+ Mustangs and beat them. I've also been beat by a few. I've run a best of 12.9 in my Mach and my engine/drivetrain is stock (but I do have some suspension/chassis mods).

They are both excellent cars and it really comes down to a drivers race, at least at the drag strip.

I was fortunate enough (thanks to Brad) to drive the 2006 CDC Supercharged Mustang Convertible last summer at Barbers Motorsport Park and it is a fantastic machine!! Smooth, powerful, gorgeous, and **** fast. It was the first blown 2005+ Mustang I had driven and it made me think for a moment about selling my Mach . . . and I don't even like convertibles! (It did make me want a supercharger even more!) However for me, I like my Mach better. It's cool there are so many choices (save for a ~400hp SE currently) for Mustang lovers to choose from at the moment over the last 3-5 years.

I didn't buy my Mach with any wishes of collecting the car, I purchased it to drive. Now, it is my second car so she isn't a DD, but I have taken a number of road trips to Alabama and Tennessee. I grew up with Fox bodies so I have no issues driving the Mach (I'm 6'1 190lbs). My knees don't hit and I don't feel cramped at all (I did at first after selling my last 1986 Capri, but not anymore.)

I don't think you can go wrong whatever your decision. Good luck!

WOW I was not saying anything bad about Mach 1's. I was just stating what I encountered with a slightly modified Mach 1 and my bone stock S197. I wanted to buy a Mach 1 before I bought my S197 but I figuered I would go with new instead for the price. Either way it is a V8 stang both with great platforms to start out. As for Foxbody's I F***** love them I had two a 93 GT and 89 Conv Saleen Replica...... Foxbodies rule
Old 5/1/07, 08:54 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
WOW I was not saying anything bad about Mach 1's. I was just stating what I encountered with a slightly modified Mach 1 and my bone stock S197. I wanted to buy a Mach 1 before I bought my S197 but I figuered I would go with new instead for the price. Either way it is a V8 stang both with great platforms to start out. As for Foxbody's I F***** love them I had two a 93 GT and 89 Conv Saleen Replica...... Foxbodies rule
My apologizes if I came off sounding rude. I didn't think you said anything bad about Mach's, and even if you did that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
Old 5/1/07, 10:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, Sell the wife's car, and keep them both!! I had 3, SN95's. The Mach is head and shoulder's above the others. An excellent point above is the seating POSITION. While the Mach seat is better fitting for comfort on longer rides, the positioning of the SN95's can not compare to the new S197's. Even with the scoop on my GT, I miss the buldge with the Shaker sticking out. I won't put a shaker on this one, unless I can get a better hood configuration. Serioulsly, if your considering it, then it is time to move forward. As great as the Mach is, the S197's offer so much more opportunity especially if you like to do it "your way". The Mach's though unique amongst SN95's, are the same. The S197's may all start out the same, but are really really all different!! Just do it!!
Old 5/1/07, 11:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
Drive one yourself. Rent one for a week for some longer term exposure. Then you'll know what you need to do.

Mine is a daily driver. Can't wait to get into it every day. 'Nuff said.
Old 5/1/07, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Paris MkVI
Mine is a daily driver. Can't wait to get into it every day. 'Nuff said.
X2
Old 5/1/07, 01:14 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
X2
x3 but i have a 99 GT...i guess i'm easy to please.
Old 5/1/07, 01:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Knight
x3 but i have a 99 GT...i guess i'm easy to please.
Not a thing wrong with that, besides I love pleasing myself