2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

'06 Order guide-Out today or not?

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/05, 03:38 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 18's could be fitted with KDWS in a 255/45 size. These ARE all season high performance tires.

I would love to see both 18" rims mounted on the car.
Old 5/16/05, 03:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Dusty1@May 16, 2005, 5:34 PM
Thank you for looking into it Paul. Will the dealers also find out their allocation when they receive the order guide?

Of course, if the prices or allocation aren't known by the dealer, even if they have the order guide, I won't be any closer in finding a dealer that will actually tell me they'll accept the X-Plan.

I don't expect allocation for at least a month or more and would be suprised if we saw pricing prior to mid june (if not later). Asfar as x-plan, a dealer should be able to tell you wether or not they are going to accept it. They can't tell you the price but they can tell you if they'll honor it.
Old 5/16/05, 03:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Dan@May 16, 2005, 3:41 PM
The 18's could be fitted with KDWS in a 255/45 size. These ARE all season high performance tires.

That's the tires I think they were planning on putting on the 18's when they were going to make them an option in '05. Don't see why that would change. Living in Florida where we never see ice or snow, I would prefer summer only tires. But if I lived anywhere that does get ice and snow I would want the all seaons, because my car is a daily driver. Trust me, you don't want to drive summer only in the snow or ice, it won't be a fun experience.
Old 5/16/05, 03:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by SwatskeGT@May 16, 2005, 3:07 PM
I called my dealer today and he said that they have all the other cars 2006 order guides and that the mustang's was one of the couple that have been delayed due to finalizing pricing and options. He said to check back later this week. It should pop up in a couple of days.
Order guides still have not been posted as of 10 Min ago. We can place orders now however. I do not expect system fill allocation numbers for at least another month as we are still 3 months away from job #1 for the '06.
Old 5/16/05, 05:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Karpro@May 16, 2005, 4:42 PM
I don't expect allocation for at least a month or more and would be suprised if we saw pricing prior to mid june (if not later). Asfar as x-plan, a dealer should be able to tell you wether or not they are going to accept it. They can't tell you the price but they can tell you if they'll honor it.
So far, only one dealership replied (only 4 out of 20 have replied at all!) that they will accept X-plan, but "Only if Ford says it's eligible." I know that F350+ trucks and the Escape Hybrid are stated by Ford as to not be eligible for X-Plan, but it sounded like the dealership expected the Mustang GT to be added to the list. I hope not, but the dealer will not tell me he will accept X-Plan until he is certain Ford says it's eligible. That's the dilemma--when will Ford say it is or isn't eligible??? :scratch:
Old 5/16/05, 06:25 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@May 16, 2005, 4:00 PM
Order guides still have not been posted as of 10 Min ago. We can place orders now however. I do not expect system fill allocation numbers for at least another month as we are still 3 months away from job #1 for the '06.
How do you place an order without all of the codes? I spoke with my dealer earlier this afternoon and he says orders can't be put into the system without knowing the codes.
Old 5/16/05, 06:38 PM

[quote=ISELLFORD,May 16, 2005, 9:32 AM]
I had already brought all this up in another thread. I have already ordered an '06 GT in Tungsten with red ICAP. Got the DORA back last week.

I know this is going to be a really dumb question... But, could someone please tell me what in the Sam Hill a "DORA" is? I've been banging my head against the wall here... :bang:
Old 5/16/05, 07:17 PM
Cobra Member

[quote=behindthebadge,May 16, 2005, 6:41 PM]
Originally Posted by ISELLFORD,May 16, 2005, 9:32 AM
I had already brought all this up in another thread. I have already ordered an '06 GT in Tungsten with red ICAP. Got the DORA back last week.

I know this is going to be a really dumb question... But, could someone please tell me what in the Sam Hill a "DORA" is? I've been banging my head against the wall here... :bang:
Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement - You should get one from your dealer the day after they order it. I basically confirms that order has been placed and accepted by Ford. It also has all the options so that you can doublecheck to make sure the order was placed correctly.
Old 5/16/05, 08:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Dan@May 16, 2005, 5:41 PM

I just got lucky!!! My order hasn't been submitted yet and now I find out I can get 18 inch Bullit wheels!!! I liked the fan blades but love the Bullits. Any one know if they are available in just chrome or can we get them in other colors like black??? Man, a Tungsten Silver coupe with black Bullit wheels!!! :headbang:
Old 5/16/05, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Tossup, 18 inch fanblades, or 18 inch chrome bullits for me!
Old 5/17/05, 06:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by pk2112@May 16, 2005, 6:28 PM
How do you place an order without all of the codes? I spoke with my dealer earlier this afternoon and he says orders can't be put into the system without knowing the codes.

I used the same codes as last year to start and then when you are actually entering the codes to place an order, you can press the f1 key for help and all available codes are listed.

And NO order guides posted as of 6:45Am today.
Old 5/17/05, 06:35 AM
GT Member

18" fanblades are 64E, 18" bullitts are 64W, Vista Blue is G9. Hope those help.
Old 5/17/05, 12:13 PM
GT Member

OK. So where is a pic of bullitts and fanblades?

Thanks in advance.

:scratch:
Old 5/17/05, 01:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

This is driving me insane...this forum had order guides for the '05 that were leaked months before the order banks were opened. Here we are past the rumored order date for '06's and...nothing! c:
Old 5/17/05, 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BuzzyStang05@May 17, 2005, 2:11 PM
This is driving me insane...this forum had order guides for the '05 that were leaked months before the order banks were opened. Here we are past the rumored order date for '06's and...nothing! c:
I know...Even the "Rumor Mill" forum is gone.... I was still hoping for the CA Special.... Still, hearing that there will be 18" bullitts is something to keep me going! Wonder if they'll look like Cragar SS wheels or just brushed aluminum...

Come on, keep those rumors flying!!!
Old 5/17/05, 05:11 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by ISELLFORD@May 16, 2005, 4:00 PM
So does Ford determine allocation? If so, where do you find out where your order is allocated?

Since we are putting in 06 orders so early in the process, are we pretty much guaranteed the car will be built? Will ordering now from a smaller dealer improve the allocation, or is it based on total dealer sales?

My dilemna is that I have personally visited what I assume to be the three largest dealers in AZ, and none will allow me to order an 06 GT at Xplan. All want at least $1000+ over MSRP for the privilege of giving up one of their allocated spots (total BS since these dealers sell hundreds of Mustangs).

I am fine with approaching smaller dealers, but how do I know just how small they are? How badly will I be penalizing myself by going to a small to medium size dealer? I am fine with waiting until the end of Oct or early Nov for my car, but I don't want to get the ball rolling with a smaller dealer only to find I may not get my car until next year (or at all as seems to be the case around here).

Does anybody have any advise on this? :scratch:
Old 5/17/05, 05:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by beneman@May 17, 2005, 7:14 PM
So does Ford determine allocation? If so, where do you find out where your order is allocated?

Since we are putting in 06 orders so early in the process, are we pretty much guaranteed the car will be built? Will ordering now from a smaller dealer improve the allocation, or is it based on total dealer sales?

My dilemna is that I have personally visited what I assume to be the three largest dealers in AZ, and none will allow me to order an 06 GT at Xplan. All want at least $1000+ over MSRP for the privilege of giving up one of their allocated spots (total BS since these dealers sell hundreds of Mustangs).

I am fine with approaching smaller dealers, but how do I know just how small they are? How badly will I be penalizing myself by going to a small to medium size dealer? I am fine with waiting until the end of Oct or early Nov for my car, but I don't want to get the ball rolling with a smaller dealer only to find I may not get my car until next year (or at all as seems to be the case around here).

Does anybody have any advise on this? :scratch:

Dealer markup is Don't pay it, it's just their way of screwing the public. Personally I find it unacceptable that with a car in such high demand as the Mustang, Ford has not gotten any order information to its dealers. You would think they would want to get it to them early so they wouldn't keep any eager customers waiting to place their order. I called my dealer today and he still does not have any concrete pricing information. Yes he can place an order, but I'm not ordering any thing unless I know exactly what my chosen options will cost!!! :bang: He can't even tell me what wheel options will be available for the 06 Mustangs let alone give me a price!!! :scratch: I had to tell him what the color options are. Ford, you really need to get your sh.... together or your going to have a lot of pissed off customers :notnice:
Old 5/17/05, 05:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by StangFreak@May 17, 2005, 7:28 PM
Dealer markup is Don't pay it, it's just their way of screwing the public. Personally I find it unacceptable that with a car in such high demand as the Mustang, Ford has not gotten any order information to its dealers. You would think they would want to get it to them early so they wouldn't keep any eager customers waiting to place their order. I called my dealer today and he still does not have any concrete pricing information. Yes he can place an order, but I'm not ordering any thing unless I know exactly what my chosen options will cost!!! :bang: He can't even tell me what wheel options will be available for the 06 Mustangs let alone give me a price!!! :scratch: I had to tell him what the color options are. Ford, you really need to get your sh.... together or your going to have a lot of pissed off customers :notnice:
If you are waiting for pricing to order you may be in for a wait. Last year the order guide became available and the order banks opened up almost 2+ months prior to pricing getting released.

It wouldn't suprise me for pricing to not come out for another few weeks to a month or more. Order the car with the options you want, if when they release pricing you don't like the price on the new options, delete them.
Old 5/17/05, 05:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here are some order codes for you:

64E 18" bright machined wheels
64W 18" premium aluminum wheel

54P V6 Pony Package:
Old 5/17/05, 05:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Karpro@May 17, 2005, 7:46 PM
Here are some order codes for you:

64E 18" bright machined wheels
64W 18" premium aluminum wheel

54P V6 Pony Package:

Any way we can get the order guide posted online???

Quick Reply: '06 Order guide-Out today or not?