2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

'06 in June?

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/05, 05:48 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A friend ordered a '05 GT last week. Was told it would be delivered approximately end of June.
Yesterday the dealer called and said he recieved paperwork from Ford saying all new orders would be 2006 with some upgrades. It didn't list the upgrades specifically but said more info would be coming.
The dealer is going to send my friend the details as he gets them.
On one hand she is excited to get a "newer" model, but then again disappointed it won't be the first year.
He said he'll stick to the agreed upon price and it will still be available by the end of June.
Isn't June early for new models? Is he giving her a line now to string her out later.

I feel bad if this doesn't work because I recommended the dealer based on my previous workings with him. This will be her first Mustang and I want it to be a great experience for her.

TIA,
J.
Old 4/2/05, 05:38 AM
GT Member

I know I had to order an 06. But my delivery date is 1 Nov. When I get info on any changes, I will post.
Old 4/2/05, 05:42 AM
Bullitt Member

August 8th 2005 is job 1 for 2006 models. This is when they will start producing the 06 model, so for her to get her car in June is impossible as a 06 model.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/06/
Old 4/4/05, 07:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

From what I've read on other threads, Ford is no longer accepting any more orders for the '05 MY. That all new orders are being stopped or changed to '06's.

As far as receiving an '06 in June '05, looks doubtful. But, I also read the Ford/SVT is wanting/trying to get the Shelby's into dealerships as an '07 in June of '06.

But I know as much as the next guy so......I don't think I'm helping.
Old 4/6/05, 04:41 PM
Cobra Member

Anyone know what the real changes to the '06 will be?

A lot of speculation has been made about the colors, etc., but I have yet to hear any compelling information. If Ford is indeed planning on changing things, this may make people more willing to wait a little bit to see what the changes are, and reduce the amount of unhappy buyers tired of waiting for their cars to be built.
Old 4/6/05, 04:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Rampant@April 6, 2005, 6:44 PM
Anyone know what the real changes to the '06 will be?

A lot of speculation has been made about the colors, etc., but I have yet to hear any compelling information. If Ford is indeed planning on changing things, this may make people more willing to wait a little bit to see what the changes are, and reduce the amount of unhappy buyers tired of waiting for their cars to be built.

With an initial order date of mid may, I would expect to see the 06 order guide end of this month/ first week of may.
Old 4/10/05, 03:51 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My money is over allotment. I was told that they were cutting off GT orders on 05's as of May 1st. Not sure if that's true. What has probably happened is that they were OVER their Allotment. If they are over, they can't place any orders but won't tell you. Trust me, this is most likely it. Search for posts by me on allotment for info on what all it means. Too much to repost. At any rate, they are just stringing the individual along until 06 production so you don't buy a car elsewhere. Dealers that still have Allotments can still order through this month. Mine did.
Old 4/15/05, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm ordering from a high-volume dealer in NY. They are rolling over their 05 GT orders to 06 orders....there are 10-15 ahead of me, they told me not to expect my car to be built before Jan 1...sigh...
Old 4/16/05, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well they said they would make 190K this year. As of Friday they made 57,477 since Jan 1. I believe they made 40K in 2004 which would total 98K units so far. With them building around 4400 units per week they will only hit 165K buy Job 1, Aug 8, 2005. That's about 25K light. They just can't build them fast enough!
Old 4/17/05, 12:18 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Isn't Job 1 for the 06MY's August 8, 2005?
Old 4/17/05, 09:08 PM
Bullitt Member

A guy I know wanted a GT, went to several dealers and was told they had none and he would have to order it. The GT would be an 06 and earliest delivery date would be November. So he bought a convertible instead
Old 4/20/05, 06:24 AM

Smile

I placed an order for an '05 Mustang GT Premium back December 22, 2004. The dealer told me the car would be in mid April/early May. I emailed him on sunday night and the response I received from him Monday morning did NOT make me a happy camper.

I requested a build date from him on my Stang and this was his reply:

"There currently is not a build date on your Mustang order. I was informed today that all 2005 orders still sitting will not be built as 2005 models. I apologize for the inconvenience. I wish there was something I could do to rectify the situation, but there is not. If you want to change your order to a 2006 model please let me know as soon as possible. If you wish to have your deposit back that you put down, you can come in for a refund. Again, I am sorry that we an not get your 2005 built, you are one of many customers who are "still" waiting."

Words cannot describe how I felt when I read this email. I could understand this if this was an order placed in March...but NOT in December!

My question to him was is Ford going to screw me now and NOT honor my binding contract from December? Sure I know that contract was for a 2005...but a contract is a contract. Told him if Ford screwed me on this order, it would be the LAST Ford product I ever buy...and I'm betting alot of other people will have the same attitude. :bang:
Old 4/20/05, 12:40 PM

[B][COLOR=red][FONT=Courier][SIZE=7] [COLOR=red] I placed an order for a GT 2005 convertible on Feb.17th 05 I was told on the 19th of April 05 that Ford could only build 6500 more 05's, than they will switch over to 2006's. It is not looking good fro the folks who wanted a 2005
Old 4/20/05, 12:47 PM

I forgot to mention that my salesman said Ford is holding back on A plan buyers, so they can get full sticker price and more. Sounds just like big business screw your work force for a few silver pieces.
Old 4/20/05, 01:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dprestia@April 20, 2005, 1:50 PM
I forgot to mention that my salesman said Ford is holding back on A plan buyers, so they can get full sticker price and more. Sounds just like big business screw your work force for a few silver pieces.

I would say the dealerships could be giving their A-plan buyers a lower priority and thus causing them to be delayed or not built. So fewer of their allocations go out as A-plan and a lower dealer profit, while the demand for the GT's is high. I think Ford probably doesn't care who gets the cars they get their money either way. OMO I am an A-plan buyer so I thought this all along.
Old 4/20/05, 03:01 PM

:scratch: Just received an email from the New Car Manager at the Ford dealer that I ordered my Mustang from. He told me the owner of the dealership had called Ford up and was ragging on them about two GT orders, mine being one of them. Ford told the owner that they will be alloted two more 05 GTs and one will be mine, as a matter of fact he said mine would be the next one built. Will find out by tomorrow I hope just what the actual build date will be.

Ford has "only one" chance to make good on this contract with me. :nono: If they don't come through, they will be receiving a scathing letter from me and the F-150 I drive "will" be the last Ford product I own...next to my t-bucket.

Time will tell. I sure hope all the other folks that ordered 05 Stangs get theirs when they're supposed to.
Old 4/20/05, 03:44 PM

Talking

I do feel your pain having 1 GT on order for about 3 months. I have had 4 Mustangs, 1 of them I even got in Muscle Mustang and fast fords 11-97, the silver Vert. .
Don’t hate me! But I did something about it.

A fiend told me about the 2005 GTO, I went I looked and drove, I loved it! 400hp LS2 Corvette motor, IRS / Auto and a cool interior. List was about 34K and I played invoice about 32K + 1K back from GM. So I paid about 2,500 more then the Mustang GT + options and worth every penny plus more.
I got my deposit back as there is no such thing as a non refundable deposit in CA

The mustang is a great car,

I'll see at the stop light. 4.6 (0 to 60)
MMnFFnov97 signing off
Old 4/20/05, 07:47 PM
GT Member

For all of the people who have ordered a long time ago, like in December, I feel very bad for you in the fact you still haven't gotten yours. I only ordered mine a week or so ago and most likely it won't be built at all. But I do want to say to some of you that are saying becasue of your experience you will never buy a Ford again, don't let your experience ban you from the product itself. A lot of dealer's have ordered way more Mustangs than what they are allocated for and that's probably the reason a lot of you have been waiting so long. I'm sure Ford wants you as a customer, but they also have the obligation to reward those dealers who have sold more vehicles in the past with more allocations to get the GT's. Thus the orders from the allocated dealers are going in ahead of those who ordered through a dealer who is way over allocation but still taking orders, and that's why some people who ordered a good time after you already have their car or at least a build date. And I'm betting that many of the dealers who ordered way over their allocated limit and are just hoping to get lucky, are telling the people that ordered one that it's Ford fault you don't have your car yet. Overall I'm just saying don't believe everything a dealer tells you and don't rule out such a great car because of the darn dealers.
Old 4/21/05, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by 04Stang05@April 20, 2005, 7:50 PM
For all of the people who have ordered a long time ago, like in December, I feel very bad for you in the fact you still haven't gotten yours. I only ordered mine a week or so ago and most likely it won't be built at all. But I do want to say to some of you that are saying becasue of your experience you will never buy a Ford again, don't let your experience ban you from the product itself. A lot of dealer's have ordered way more Mustangs than what they are allocated for and that's probably the reason a lot of you have been waiting so long. I'm sure Ford wants you as a customer, but they also have the obligation to reward those dealers who have sold more vehicles in the past with more allocations to get the GT's. Thus the orders from the allocated dealers are going in ahead of those who ordered through a dealer who is way over allocation but still taking orders, and that's why some people who ordered a good time after you already have their car or at least a build date. And I'm betting that many of the dealers who ordered way over their allocated limit and are just hoping to get lucky, are telling the people that ordered one that it's Ford fault you don't have your car yet. Overall I'm just saying don't believe everything a dealer tells you and don't rule out such a great car because of the darn dealers.
I am one of those people who placed an order on 12/30/04, and DORA on 1/03/05 for a GT with IUP. As of today, no scheduled build date or any kind of info on my order status. I do fault Ford highly compensated management for gross errors in the Mustang launch & production. There are 4 major Ford dealers in the city near me. All of them have 3-7 Mustang V6's sitting there for weeks, while huge backlog of more profitable GT's go unbuilt. In addition, I think the allocation system for Mustangs stinks!! I believe any car model should be built based on 1st come 1st serve. The current allocation system locks in a dealers quantity. As a result, this destroys dealer competition for the Mustang resulting in paying sticker or more. I also don't like the priority code system. Someone posted on this forum they got a dealer priority 2 and had their order within weeks, while other get 10, 12,16. Why? Dealers who provide fair pricing, good service should not have to worry about allocation. :bang:
Dave
Old 4/21/05, 12:36 PM
GT Member

I agree with you on the fact that it should be first come first serve. And I also think Ford should have taken a better consensus on how many people actually wanted GT's instead of just assuming it would be about the same split in sales between V6's and GT's. And I certainly never implied I like the system the way it is. But the dealers do know how it works and they shouldn't have taken your order and promised you the car if they knew they had a slim chance of getting one. All I am saying is don't give up on such a sweet car entirely because of your bad buying experience through the dealership.

Quick Reply: '06 in June?