2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

06 Color Question

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/04, 06:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If they go with the current proposed list, it would be a lousy group of colors, I still think the current pallet is dull.
Old 9/4/04, 07:49 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kevinb120@September 4, 2004, 4:01 PM
I'll tell you what, its a HUGE mistake by Ford not including the new Dark Stone(dark brown metallic-with a saddle color interior it, would be AMAZING)-should replace mineral grey for 06, Dark highland green, and Blazing Copper. If they did that and changed Redfire to merlot, satin sliver to titanium, and sonic to true blue they would be money!
Looking at Merlot on the Thunderbird on Ford's web site, it looks too purple for me. I still prefer Redfire, and it's pretty popular in the poll, too. I wonder if Ford's polling shows the same.

I don't think I'm getting a good sense of Blazing Copper from looking at the Focus on the web. I do agree, though, that there's some color in the vicinity of copper, bronze or sunburst orange that would look great on the '05, if Ford can find the right one.
Old 9/4/04, 08:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by SVTJayC@September 3, 2004, 12:07 PM
yeah i made inhale-rooster up.
:worship:
Old 9/4/04, 08:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ConvertibleJoe+September 4, 2004, 8:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ConvertibleJoe @ September 4, 2004, 8:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kevinb120@September 4, 2004, 4:01 PM
I'll tell you what, its a HUGE mistake by Ford not including the new Dark Stone(dark brown metallic-with a saddle color interior it, would be AMAZING)-should replace mineral grey for 06, Dark highland green, and Blazing Copper. If they did that and changed Redfire to merlot, satin sliver to titanium, and sonic to true blue they would be money!
Looking at Merlot on the Thunderbird on Ford's web site, it looks too purple for me. I still prefer Redfire, and it's pretty popular in the poll, too. I wonder if Ford's polling shows the same.

I don't think I'm getting a good sense of Blazing Copper from looking at the Focus on the web. I do agree, though, that there's some color in the vicinity of copper, bronze or sunburst orange that would look great on the '05, if Ford can find the right one. [/b][/quote]
you need to see both colors in person.
Old 9/5/04, 12:18 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah, I agree. Merlot is gorgeous in person. That would be my color if they offered it. Not sure if I've gotten a good look at Blazing Copper, though. :scratch:
Old 9/5/04, 12:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally posted by kevinb120@September 4, 2004, 4:01 PM
Kevin, it's a huge mistake for '05, IMO.

But then, I'm just a potential buyer. And honestly? One of the reasons I don't have one ordered yet is because of the colors. Guess I'll wait. I might die first though, if Ford plods on this like they are...

I don't buy cars every couple of years as a rule. I drive them until they die. Unless I win the lottery or something, that's going to be the way it works for me. As it stands right now, Mustang is my pick. I will drive it until it dies, and then rebuild it. I would never sell it. I learned my lesson from my 1966. So I want it the way I want it from day one, and that includes the color. Picky? Sure. That's the way I am. It's going to be my first new car one day, might as well make sure I like it.

Seems like a small fee wouldn't be a terrible thing to get Blazing Copper. If it weren't exorbatant. It's not like they'd be repainting an entirely built car, it'd be just changing paint for a few hundred new, unbuilt cars. Or only a hundred, that couldn't be so hard...

Guess I'm stupid, huh? Oh well. I've been called worse.