2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

05GT vs. SN95 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/04, 07:51 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by branch+August 28, 2004, 5:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (branch @ August 28, 2004, 5:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wantan05@August 28, 2004, 2:49 PM
Personally i love the front end. I think it looks a lot better than the current stang, but then again i really like the old muscle cars instead on aerodynamics . I really would like s hood scoop though, can't wait to see what kind Roush will put in!
Personally, plus eveyone of the people I know that saw the 05 at the NY Inter Auto Show thought the current Stang looks superior to the 05. I can't see a thing that's attractive with the 05 except a nice interior. The ext is cheap, without creative design..................if you do retro look at the Cooper, PT Cruiser, etc........even the 68 compares favorably to this 05 almost 40 years later!!!!

I mean look at the front, plain, blah, nothing is dynamice/awsome.........and with those huge fog lights it looks almost ready for off road duty. The rear is again simple/uninspiring sheet metal with two lights stuck on..........................take a peak at the g35 coupe or rx8, they both are drop dead gorgeous with great design lines and features throughout. A starter g35 is admitedly about $31K actual transaction price, but you get tons more features eg all speed stability control, traction control, highly sophisticated front and rear aluminum IDS, brake force adjusters, side and head air bags/curtains, tilt/telescoping wheel in 05, steering wheel radio controls, high intensity headlights w self adjusters, heated seats hi/lo, electric dr and pass seats, diverse antenae, and I could go on for another 15 minutes wtih all the STANDARD stuff, all this for about $3K more than a well equipped GT. Plus, can get a SR and FX radio for $1100 and $300 more respectively.

I think the marketplace wll speak loudly after the initial mad rush, as it has with the T Bird, new minivan, etc................the latest failures of FMC. I TRIED to like the 05, especially after being smitten my the gorgeous concept car, but the 'real deal' is homely/plain. To compare how superior the 05 is engineering/ergonomicly wise is also a stetch..................the current platform is older than most of the people on this website!! [/b][/quote]
:notnice: Sorry, even though your opinion is valid, the fact that the vast majority of the automotive world disagrees with it has me thinking you're probably wrong.

I dare say there isn't a single area in which the 05 doesn't best the outgoing model.

As for styling, you're crazy IMO. I've seen the 05 next to the SN-95's. The new car looks much nicer.

And you're praising the design of the G35. That car has about as many design features as a piece of plywood. Slab sided, shoe box with two oval air openings in the front and too long a wheelbase. Great. But to be fair, I agree the RX-8 is very nice stylistically.

I agree, amenities are nice, but you know what.....I'd rather more money go into the powerplant. Of the list, the mustang does have traction control, volume control on the steering wheel, side airbags, electric locks. What it doesn't have is GPS, heated seats, heads-up display etc. etc. But you know what, the Mustang's target audience doesn't really need those things.

And I can say the same thing about the G35 coupe. Does it have an underrated 300hp 320lbft engine? No. I happen to think that it is also very lackluster in styling and has none of the character of the mustang. We have to see but I'd also be willing to bet that it doesn't perform as well on a road course either.

Just so that I don't look like I'm talking out of my ****, I've driven one. They are nice, but aimed at a slightly different target audience.

It seems that people want the mustang to be a mustang but they also want it to have all the amenities of a luxury coupe. In essence, they are trying to change what the mustang is and what it has always been, an affordable pony car for the masses with great performance and none of the fancy comforts of more expensive car.

Anyways, the fact you've seen the car up close and still have this opinion as well as the fact that you truely believe that the concept looks that much different than the production leads me to believe you need a stronger precription for your glasses. :geek:

P.S. Open discussion is welcome but I'm not sure why you would chose to continue a futile arguement on a heavily biased 05 mustang site.
Old 8/28/04, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

He just got wn3d:
now back to the topic those pics are great they give a real size comparision between this generation and the last.
Old 8/28/04, 08:11 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by dustindu4@August 28, 2004, 1:15 AM
Those pics are at least 4 months old.

Must have missed the "...revisited" in the topic title and the "many probably haven't see these".
Old 8/28/04, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dan+August 28, 2004, 8:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ August 28, 2004, 8:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dustindu4@August 28, 2004, 1:15 AM

Must have missed the "...revisited" in the topic title and the "many probably haven't see these". [/b][/quote]
I was going to say, that I have never seen these pics before, captain obvious, LOL
Old 8/28/04, 08:27 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by trublustang03+August 28, 2004, 10:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trublustang03 @ August 28, 2004, 10:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Dan@August 28, 2004, 8:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dustindu4
@August 28, 2004, 1:15 AM

Must have missed the "...revisited" in the topic title and the "many probably haven't see these".
I was going to say, that I have never seen these pics before, captain obvious, LOL [/b][/quote]
That's why I posted them.

1. To show a good comparison between generations (didn't like the Cobra R pic)

2. Many haven't seen these yet......so I wanted to show those people.
Old 8/28/04, 08:32 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Just so that I don't look like I'm talking out of my ****, I've driven one. They are nice, but aimed at a slightly different target audience.
It's true . . take a look at his C/T!
Old 8/28/04, 08:43 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Evil_Capri@August 28, 2004, 10:35 PM
It's true . . take a look at his C/T!
LOL! I think its sad. But yet, very amusing.

BTW, 3000 Posts! Woohoo. I need a life.
Old 8/28/04, 11:06 PM

That's not a 01 Cobra. That's a 99-00 GT, with a Cobra front Bumper

f e r
Old 8/29/04, 01:19 AM
Cobra Member

Hahaha, when I was first reading through this topic before I posted the first time, I was planning on thanking Cap'n Obvious4u myself.

And, f e r, I think you're right. There is definitely a GT badge on the rear. :scratch:
Old 8/29/04, 01:46 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Dr Iven@August 29, 2004, 3:22 AM
Hahaha, when I was first reading through this topic before I posted the first time, I was planning on thanking Cap'n Obvious4u myself.

And, f e r, I think you're right. There is definitely a GT badge on the rear. :scratch:
Whoops, good eye.
Old 8/29/04, 04:04 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Dan+August 28, 2004, 7:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ August 28, 2004, 7:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by branch@August 28, 2004, 5:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-wantan05
@August 28, 2004, 2:49 PM
Personally i love the front end. I think it looks a lot better than the current stang, but then again i really like the old muscle cars instead on aerodynamics . I really would like s hood scoop though, can't wait to see what kind Roush will put in!

Personally, plus eveyone of the people I know that saw the 05 at the NY Inter Auto Show thought the current Stang looks superior to the 05. I can't see a thing that's attractive with the 05 except a nice interior. The ext is cheap, without creative design..................if you do retro look at the Cooper, PT Cruiser, etc........even the 68 compares favorably to this 05 almost 40 years later!!!!

I mean look at the front, plain, blah, nothing is dynamice/awsome.........and with those huge fog lights it looks almost ready for off road duty. The rear is again simple/uninspiring sheet metal with two lights stuck on..........................take a peak at the g35 coupe or rx8, they both are drop dead gorgeous with great design lines and features throughout. A starter g35 is admitedly about $31K actual transaction price, but you get tons more features eg all speed stability control, traction control, highly sophisticated front and rear aluminum IDS, brake force adjusters, side and head air bags/curtains, tilt/telescoping wheel in 05, steering wheel radio controls, high intensity headlights w self adjusters, heated seats hi/lo, electric dr and pass seats, diverse antenae, and I could go on for another 15 minutes wtih all the STANDARD stuff, all this for about $3K more than a well equipped GT. Plus, can get a SR and FX radio for $1100 and $300 more respectively.

I think the marketplace wll speak loudly after the initial mad rush, as it has with the T Bird, new minivan, etc................the latest failures of FMC. I TRIED to like the 05, especially after being smitten my the gorgeous concept car, but the 'real deal' is homely/plain. To compare how superior the 05 is engineering/ergonomicly wise is also a stetch..................the current platform is older than most of the people on this website!!
:notnice: Sorry, even though your opinion is valid, the fact that the vast majority of the automotive world disagrees with it has me thinking you're probably wrong.

I dare say there isn't a single area in which the 05 doesn't best the outgoing model.

As for styling, you're crazy IMO. I've seen the 05 next to the SN-95's. The new car looks much nicer.

And you're praising the design of the G35. That car has about as many design features as a piece of plywood. Slab sided, shoe box with two oval air openings in the front and too long a wheelbase. Great. But to be fair, I agree the RX-8 is very nice stylistically.

I agree, amenities are nice, but you know what.....I'd rather more money go into the powerplant. Of the list, the mustang does have traction control, volume control on the steering wheel, side airbags, electric locks. What it doesn't have is GPS, heated seats, heads-up display etc. etc. But you know what, the Mustang's target audience doesn't really need those things.

And I can say the same thing about the G35 coupe. Does it have an underrated 300hp 320lbft engine? No. I happen to think that it is also very lackluster in styling and has none of the character of the mustang. We have to see but I'd also be willing to bet that it doesn't perform as well on a road course either.

It seems that people want the mustang to be a mustang but they also want it to have all the amenities of a luxury coupe. In essence, they are trying to change what the mustang is and what it has always been, an affordable pony car for the masses with great performance and none of the fancy comforts of more expensive car.

Anyways, the fact you've seen the car up close and still have this opinion as well as the fact that you truely believe that the concept looks that much different than the production leads me to believe you need a stronger precription for your glasses. :geek:

P.S. Open discussion is welcome but I'm not sure why you would chose to continue a futile arguement on a heavily biased 05 mustang site. [/b][/quote]
Interesting that you added in that G35. My father has a G35 sedan, and i've also seen the coupe as well. I really like both those cars they are real classy and they can go . I still think that the 05 stang is awesome (and looks better than the G35) and stick by what i said earlier.
Old 8/29/04, 04:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
GPS?????? :scratch:

I thought getting lost was the best part. You know, having to find your way with just a tank of gas, your intuition, and the ALL NEW FORD MUSTANG.

This ad paid for by Ford
Old 8/29/04, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

That's the best pic I've seen of the dark charcoal GT interior with leather seats.
Old 8/29/04, 05:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by onetorquedhorse@August 28, 2004, 1:04 AM
My only complaint is the front end. I still think ford could have done a better job and put some more angles into the design. I love the SN 95 front end. It has a much sleeker look to it. The black inserts also kill the look of the 05 lower grill. It's too bad ford didn't keep the body colored veins like in the pics. Although, IMO the GT-R front end looks great. Hopefully the aftermarket will have a lot of options.
Same here, the front end of this car could have been better a bit too blunt for my taste, and those fog lamps are enormous ! I prefer the front end of the sn95 or the concept...the rest of the car styling is great.
Old 8/29/04, 06:47 PM

Originally posted by Dr Iven@August 29, 2004, 1:22 AM
Yeah,

hood without scoop --> 99-2000 (V6/GT)

I can't see the side emblems, so, don't know if it was a 99(35th anny. badge).

spoiler --> 99-2000 (V6/GT/Cobra-'99-only)

front bumper --> 99-2001 (Cobra)

GT emblem in the rear, it's a GT then.

f e r
Old 8/29/04, 07:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by f e r+August 30, 2004, 2:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (f e r @ August 30, 2004, 2:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dr Iven@August 29, 2004, 1:22 AM
Yeah,

f e r [/b][/quote]
hehe, you're right, but mind you, the emblem in the rear alone won't prove it, might as well be understatement: I recently saw an M3 vert downtown with a 320Ci emblem on the rear
Old 8/29/04, 08:31 PM
GT Member

Now the real question is why would someone put a 320 badge on an M3. Maybe to fool crooks into thinking it's a cheaper car so they won't steal it?
Old 8/29/04, 08:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

I still think that the concept looks way better than the production model, but maybe the SE will give me all of that and more..... :worship:
Old 8/29/04, 09:10 PM

Originally posted by Wombert+August 29, 2004, 7:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wombert @ August 29, 2004, 7:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by f e r@August 30, 2004, 2:50 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dr Iven
@August 29, 2004, 1:22 AM

Yeah,

f e r
hehe, you're right, but mind you, the emblem in the rear alone won't prove it, might as well be understatement: I recently saw an M3 vert downtown with a 320Ci emblem on the rear [/b][/quote]
Ok, it can be a V6 with:
- front bumper Cobra
- rear GT or '99 Cobra bumper (MUSTANG)
- rear GT emblem
- 99+ deluxe GT rims

Or can be a '99 Cobra with:
- 99-2000 V6/GT hood
- rear GT emblem
- 99+ deluxe GT rims

Or a 01 Cobra with:
- 99-2000 V6/GT hood
- rear GT emblem
- 99+ deluxe GT rims
- rear GT bumper

What I said is that from the outside it's a 99-2000 GT, not a 01 Cobra B) Can be any of the above, but we all know more than that right?

f e r
Old 8/29/04, 10:19 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by montreal ponies@August 29, 2004, 10:40 PM
I still think that the concept looks way better than the production model, but maybe the SE will give me all of that and more..... :worship:
So basically you want it lowered with 20" rims and a set of scoops?

Quick Reply: 05GT vs. SN95 Pics