1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

What to do?!

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/14, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do?!

I'm in need of advice. I have an 02 GT. 4.6l 2V n/a bone stock other than exhaust an I'm not sure exactly what exhaust. Fired a plug out the head threads an all, attempted to repair via insert. Went too deep. Piston crushed insert scuffed top center of piston. It will be daily driven until snow. But I need to know, what's best bang for my buck on about a $4000 budget come September? Rebuild stock heads? Want a mild street cam. Or go trick flow twisted heads? I have brand New intake(OEM) . New bbk under drive pulleys . I think with a scuffed piston might need rebuilt? 132000miles motor was strong til plug fired out. Not sure what to do? Crate motor?
Old 6/12/14, 11:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
With the mileage you have on the engine, I would say a rebuild of that engine. Then go with the street cam while your in there.
Old 6/12/14, 11:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by BacusJason
I'm in need of advice. I have an 02 GT. 4.6l 2V n/a bone stock other than exhaust an I'm not sure exactly what exhaust. Fired a plug out the head threads an all, attempted to repair via insert. Went too deep. Piston crushed insert scuffed top center of piston. It will be daily driven until snow. But I need to know, what's best bang for my buck on about a $4000 budget come September? Rebuild stock heads? Want a mild street cam. Or go trick flow twisted heads? I have brand New intake(OEM) . New bbk under drive pulleys . I think with a scuffed piston might need rebuilt? 132000miles motor was strong til plug fired out. Not sure what to do? Crate motor?

I think I posted this on another thread yesterday. But Before I ordered my 2014 GT Track car I wanted to build a Factory Five ( still am but in a few years ) 32 Ford roadster.
Well after looking at Crate engines from several places it almost does not make sens now days to fix a high mileage motor. They are from $2500 up with a warranty. That's the way I would go. there are also recyclers for less that $1000 that will sell you a warranted used engine..

Good Luck