1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Steeda Dyno Day and Frank's garage sale

Search this Thread

Old 11/27/07, 12:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steeda Dyno Day and Frank's garage sale

Steeda Autosports is having a dyno day on Saturday December 15th from 8am to 2pm. Registration for a run on the dyno will be 50.00 and be limited to the first 20 cars. No tuning will be done, just pulls with air fuel. Prizes will be awarded for the highest horsepower number for the day with a naturally aspirated engine and with a power adder!

In conjuction with dyno day we will be opening up Frank's garage and offering the same great deals many customers took advantage of during our Steeda Stampede. Frank's garage is an area for takeoff and scratch and dent items. Anyone who's been to the Stampede can tell you some awesome deals can be found in there!

You do not have to pre-register to come shop Frank's garage. Simply stop by and come see what we have!

I've attached the entry form. You can download it, fill it out, then fax it in to us or call us to pre-register over the phone.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Dyno_Day_REVISED.pdf (1.81 MB, 181 views)
Old 11/28/07, 11:39 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Hey SteedaGus . . . . . .

Are you aware of any clearance issues with your 5 Link 2 Rear Suspension System with a Borla Stinger catback on a 2004 Mach 1?

There are a couple guys on M1R that have the 5 Link 2 and LOVE it. I am trying to decide between your system and a simple MM Panhard bar. The MM Panhard and Borla's don't mix without some "adjusting".

My suspension setup is as follows;

Steeda Welded Rear Shock Tower Brace
MM Adj. Rear LCA
PAE Full Length Welded Subframe
MM 4-Bolt CC Plates
MM K-member brace
Vogtland springs

I've done my homework and normally I do not recommend multiple manufacturer suspension pieces, BUT my set works extremely well for me. The only other items I am thinking of a some sort of rear suspension system and Bilstein Shocks/struts.

Thanks in advance . . .

I also have 18x10 295/35/18 BBS RK Wheels/Tires in the rear . . .
Old 11/30/07, 02:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi There, as far as the exhaust goes most systems will require slight tweaking to make sure they clear without hitting. We have to clearance most systems here regardless of brand.

I would not recommend doing the MM panhard bar as it keeps the factory upper control arms. Having the angled uppers in place causes alot of bind in the rear suspension. They try to minimize this by asking you to run nothing but a factory type upper arm which have the softest bushings, but even this setup will have more bind than the factory suspension with harder urethane bushings.

The 5-link system does get rid of the factory uppers and replaces them with longer, parallel upper arms. These relocated arms eliminate the bind issues associated with running a panhard bar with the factory upper arms. They are longer in length so they also eliminate the excessive pinion angle and anti-squat/lift geometry changes that occur through suspension travel and weight transfer with the factory suspension.

Also, with the 5-link we recommend different spring rates, particularly in the rear. If you decide to go with the 5-link I would need to know your spring rates to see if we can get away with changing just the rear springs or if all 4 should be changed to the get you the right spring rates for best handling.