1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Second to third

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/12, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Second to third

Okay so I constantly miss third when I'm really getting wild in my car. I have a BBK Short throw shifter that was on the car when I bought it. My question is has anyone had this problem? And if so what did you do to fix it? Do I just need to adjust my adjustable shift? Because if that's the case why doesn't it happen when I normally drive it? And if that is the case than does anyone know how to adjust the BBK Pro shifter model? Like I said it was in the car when I bought it, so I'm kinda clueless on how to adjust it
Old 3/1/12, 10:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by McNassty
Okay so I constantly miss third when I'm really getting wild in my car. I have a BBK Short throw shifter that was on the car when I bought it. My question is has anyone had this problem? And if so what did you do to fix it? Do I just need to adjust my adjustable shift? Because if that's the case why doesn't it happen when I normally drive it? And if that is the case than does anyone know how to adjust the BBK Pro shifter model? Like I said it was in the car when I bought it, so I'm kinda clueless on how to adjust it
Get a mgw short shift. Have never missed a 2nd to 3rd shift since I've installed it.
Old 3/2/12, 12:15 AM
JDF
GT Member

How stiff do your centering springs feel? Sounds like those are worn out. The shifter should feel like you could push up and it would snap into the position you need to put it into 3rd (while shifting slowly)

I agree with CPotts on a new short throw. Steeda Tri-Ax, Pro 5.0, and MGW are the best 3 out there.
Old 3/2/12, 04:47 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by cpotts13

Get a mgw short shift. Have never missed a 2nd to 3rd shift since I've installed it.
+1 ^^^
Switched from Steeda to MGW. No offense Steeda. Can't be the best at everything guys.
Old 3/2/12, 08:13 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AlsCobra

+1 ^^^
Switched from Steeda to MGW. No offense Steeda. Can't be the best at everything guys.
I did the same thing.
Old 3/2/12, 08:45 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I've never missed a 2-3 shift with my Steeda, but also respect MGW.
Old 3/2/12, 09:12 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
I've never missed a 2-3 shift with my Steeda, but also respect MGW.
I can't say I ever missed a gear as a result of the steeda, I used for a number of years without issue, however I like the mgw more then the steeda.

I think the OP needs to adjust his shifter and open the gate a bit and he should have a problem.
Old 3/3/12, 06:22 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1999Pony

I can't say I ever missed a gear as a result of the steeda, I used for a number of years without issue, however I like the mgw more then the steeda.

I think the OP needs to adjust his shifter and open the gate a bit and he should have a problem.
X100 on mgw...never used the others but have sat in cars with then and mgw feels best to me...
Old 3/3/12, 06:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Does anyone know how to adjust BBK's short throw? I'm ready to pull it apart but I'm kinda in the dark on this one. I'd really like to quit having search for third when it matters. I'd like to change to a Steeda tri-ax but I've already spent almost three grand on my baby this month and the wife will b*tch if I spend anymore.
Old 3/3/12, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh and I got to play with a new Camaro this morning and I didn't miss third lol. Needless to say he was cussing at the next light. They don't seem all that tough to me
Old 3/3/12, 06:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Ooh, I just checked prices on the MGW and I may be able to sneak $200 past the wife. But I'd still like to try and adjust the BBK and try it, just in case she catches on to me
Old 3/4/12, 12:53 PM
V6 Member

Ooh, I just checked prices on the MGW and I may be able to sneak $200 past the wife. But I'd still like to try and adjust the BBK and try it, just in case she catches on to me
Have you tried the website for info?
Old 3/4/12, 05:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Ya I checked yesterday and their $185