1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

need help

Search this Thread

Old 5/28/11, 07:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blown 40th 4.6
Pm sent sinister
Not sure if you got the pm or not. I sent two cuz I'm on a phone. Just let me know man
Old 5/28/11, 09:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sinisterbullitt

I rubbing compounded a spot that a dumb a tried wet sanding (long story short there's paint on a small area an he's a retard) well it wasn't glossy anymore just scratched an dull. Came right out did my hoodscoop too. Whole car tomorrow
Nice! You using a buffer or u goin by hand?
Old 5/29/11, 09:36 AM
Bullitt Member

By hand lol. Should I wash all the wax off first? Or just rinse car off an start buffing

Last edited by sinisterbullitt; 5/29/11 at 09:45 AM.
Old 5/29/11, 08:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

By hand lol. Should I wash all the wax off first? Or just rinse car off an start buffing
By hand is really gonna take some elbow grease for the whole car (not to mention a longggg time) but if it were me id strip the layer of wax off so u hit the clearcoat and rlly buff out the swirls and whatnot
Old 5/30/11, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Would a wax applicator pad work with the compound? And is meguires a good brand? Sorry I'm not much into all the exterior things but my car deserves to look good. The last owner (an older Guy) well kept everything but the paint.
Old 5/30/11, 11:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Would a wax applicator pad work with the compound? And is meguires a good brand? Sorry I'm not much into all the exterior things but my car deserves to look good. The last owner (an older Guy) well kept everything but the paint.
Meguires makes great products. And I strip wax with my buffer and a wax removing compound,then treat the problem paint areas,then re-apply a black type wax system. I have had great results with turtle wax black box however I think this thread has a black product that outshines the turtle wax products so maybe try that and guinea pig it for us. And let us know what you think
Old 5/30/11, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Mainly What I'm trying to get off is the dull on the front bumper and there's yellow road paint specks on both the back fenders behind the wheels. But thanks Everett ill give it a try
Old 5/30/11, 11:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mainly What I'm trying to get off is the dull on the front bumper and there's yellow road paint specks on both the back fenders behind the wheels. But thanks Everett ill give it a try
A buffer might be your best bet to get at the faded bumper. Road paint maybe try goof off in an inconspicuous area. Sorry I cannot be of more help