1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Need Advice on 03 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/11, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Advice on 03 Cobra

Gents,

I recently came across and opportunity on a 2003 Grey Convert Cobra with 32K miles on it. This opp came from an old coworker of mine that i believe to be trustworthy. He bought the car new back in 02 and used it as a 3rd vehicle since he has owned it. Its stays covered when not driven and its in pretty good shape needs a bath but thats about it... I think this guy is just ready for something new and that is driving the sale. He did tune it with a predator less than a year ago and other than a Bassani exhaust and MAC CAI, its pretty stock. I honestly believe it was never ragged out but I do know he had fun with it but nothing that would make me question its viability.

He was meticulous with his record keeping and has every receipt for all services and paperwork on each recall and TSB performed all by the dealership.

Anyway he is asking 16K and the test drive today did not disappoint and other than needing a bar of soap, it seemed mechanically sound. I was not really in the market but I had been wanting to get into another convert and this seems like a solid deal.

Any advice or opinions on this "deal" would be greatly appreciated. I have one more test drive set up and if there are any "hidden" dangers for this model that I should be on the look out for I would truly appreciate the intel.
Old 5/15/11, 03:43 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
That's a great price. It's worth it for sure. There's lots of potential to make it a really fast car also. I absolutely love mine. The going price for one of those is still around $20k. I would buy it for sure. 05 and up is just not the same car. The terminator is still one of the ultimate mustangs ever built. IMO.
Old 5/15/11, 03:52 PM
Bullitt Member

As far as hidden problems I can't think of anything out of the ordinary, but 16k for a terminator is a very good price, especially if it's in good shape.
Old 5/15/11, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Sounds very good to me. If you love it, buy it.
Old 5/15/11, 06:45 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$16k is a steal for a termi. If it sounds good and drives well then go for it.

Does anyone remember what year was effected and how to tell if the head was changed? I think it was the drivers side that could be changed under a TSB...
Old 5/15/11, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by 07S197
$16k is a steal for a termi. If it sounds good and drives well then go for it.

Does anyone remember what year was effected and how to tell if the head was changed? I think it was the drivers side that could be changed under a TSB...

Yes he confirmed the TSB was done as soon as it was released... I believe he said it was the drivers side but I will confirm...
Old 5/15/11, 09:23 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was '03 drivers side. But if it was done then that is really the only thing I know of to worry about. Sounds like you've found a sweet deal. Hopefully he doesn't quite know it's true value rather than it's a case of too good to be true.
Old 5/31/11, 01:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Sounds too good to be true, jump on it!
Old 5/31/11, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would jump on it yes I bought my low mileage 01 bullitt from the original owner all stock. Runs great tore into the motor it was spotless. Had a clean record. Nice Guy. Only 7k with 60k mileage. Said no accidents. I recently found some replaced front end parts ... hence a fender Bender. Didn't claim it on insurance apparently paid out of pocket. but he could of told me. Its not a big deal. Drives true am straight. But if its too good to be true it usually is. Something minor Yea get it but double check everything. Frame, underpinnings , just to be safe ya know
Old 5/31/11, 05:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by sinisterbullitt
I would jump on it yes I bought my low mileage 01 bullitt from the original owner all stock. Runs great tore into the motor it was spotless. Had a clean record. Nice Guy. Only 7k with 60k mileage. Said no accidents. I recently found some replaced front end parts ... hence a fender Bender. Didn't claim it on insurance apparently paid out of pocket. but he could of told me. Its not a big deal. Drives true am straight. But if its too good to be true it usually is. Something minor Yea get it but double check everything. Frame, underpinnings , just to be safe ya know
Yea I had a very similar experience. Paid 9k for my 02 Gt and it had 19,500 on the odo. Everything was in almost mint condition. Very small chips on the lip of the hood from rocks on the road but that's it. Oh and a squeaky automatic shifter handle
I noticed the rear right quarter panel and the trunk were both an off shade of black so I checked out the steelwork underneath and there were a few welds in some awkward spots which suggested to me he fishtailed and slammed into something hard. Accudent wasn't listed on The carfax though. Everything ran fine an I haunt had a problem so I'm fine with it(:
Old 6/5/11, 07:28 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DubV-GT
Yes he confirmed the TSB was done as soon as it was released... I believe he said it was the drivers side but I will confirm...
Just so everyone knows the TSB on the head is only if the car experienced the issue.

My 03 Cobra did not have the TSB done since it never experienced the symptoms.

31k miles and all good on my car.

But bottom line is 16k is a fantastic price.