1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

More power on the way

Search this Thread

Old 5/17/12, 01:59 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Pete07GT

I've only ever seen 412rwhp on a single cam 3v and that was pushing maximum capacity from what I read. I could get maybe a 35%-40% gain from porting, boring, and stroking along with cams etc. Right?
Check out YouTube channel "Stanghi"
All his dyno sessions are posted and a lot of mod lists. Pretty sure 450 is possible with just bolt ons and a blower.
Old 5/17/12, 04:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow this post got funny fast. forget boost I'll just build a stroked 351, remove some more weight and get just around 3,000 or under and wait for pete to come to my area so my 21yr old N/A steed can spank him and end this.

Old 5/17/12, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by skunk21
wow this post got funny fast. forget boost I'll just build a stroked 351, remove some more weight and get just around 3,000 or under and wait for pete to come to my area so my 21yr old N/A steed can spank him and end this.

Pete is a victim of reading too much about building cars and not actually building them. We had a built vs' bought discussion a few times. He won't get it until he's on his 3rd or 4th motor and he's so far into it that he wishes he would have just listened to Al.
Old 5/17/12, 07:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Pete is a victim of reading too much about building cars and not actually building them. We had a built vs' bought discussion a few times. He won't get it until he's on his 3rd or 4th motor and he's so far into it that he wishes he would have just listened to Al.
I like pete but I already told him to get his nose out of the books . I don't even need to build a 351 to do the spanking but I wanted to get real funny
Old 5/17/12, 06:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by skunk21

I like pete but I already told him to get his nose out of the books . I don't even need to build a 351 to do the spanking but I wanted to get real funny
Anytime you'd like an address to roll over to and put your money where your mouth is, feel free to drop me a PM.
Old 5/17/12, 06:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

If I had the pockets to expend that much income on, I'd just buy a vert Terminator. Unfortunately I have a limited income so I have to work with the 3v motor pushing 3400lbs around that I have now. I can quote you a passage from John Coletti about making an effective game plan and executing it if you like Al? If I were to blow a motor I would blame my own ignorance, surely. If what I have is planned, re-planned, checked and quadruple checked, it's not as likely to have something unforeseen go wrong now is it?
Old 5/17/12, 06:59 PM

If I had the pockets to expend that much income on, I'd just buy a vert Terminator. Unfortunately I have a limited income so I have to work with the 3v motor pushing 3400lbs around that I have now. I can quote you a passage from John Coletti about making an effective game plan and executing it if you like Al? If I were to blow a motor I would blame my own ignorance, surely. If what I have is planned, re-planned, checked and quadruple checked, it's not as likely to have something unforeseen go wrong now is it?
Get all your plans together. Check and recheck. Research all you want. And save for another engine when you're done. Been there, done that, got the tshirt. And remember Pete, I only got about $25k invested in my ride. Bang for the buck man. I'm a cheap date.
Old 5/17/12, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Get all your plans together. Check and recheck. Research all you want. And save for another engine when you're done. Been there, done that, got the tshirt. And remember Pete, I only got about $25k invested in my ride. Bang for the buck man. I'm a cheap date.
You have double what I have there Alseph. Then again, I don't intend to have a money pit. )
Old 5/17/12, 07:07 PM

You have double what I have there Alseph. Then again, I don't intend to have a money pit. )
I thought you bought yours new? Good for you man. If you plan on building it, you have a money pit in the making. Guaranteed. That's why I bought one already modded this time. Over $15k worth of mods for the same price as a stocker.
Old 5/17/12, 07:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

I thought you bought yours new? Good for you man. If you plan on building it, you have a money pit in the making. Guaranteed. That's why I bought one already modded this time. Over $15k worth of mods for the same price as a stocker.
So if you're in $25k total, I'd hope you have double my HP man. YOU'VE SPENT TWICE THE CASH I DID. Terminators are a very rare thing around these parts because of the really bad weather. The last time I saw one on Craigslist with a ton of mods and a Kenne Bell pushing something like 23psi, the guy wanted $23k for it. I couldn't take a car like that not knowing if it's a time bomb.
Old 5/17/12, 07:28 PM

So if you're in $25k total, I'd hope you have double my HP man. YOU'VE SPENT TWICE THE CASH I DID. Terminators are a very rare thing around these parts because of the really bad weather. The last time I saw one on Craigslist with a ton of mods and a Kenne Bell pushing something like 23psi, the guy wanted $23k for it. I couldn't take a car like that not knowing if it's a time bomb.
It's not all hp mods. Big brakes. Full subframed. Full bushings and braced.
I did my homework when I bought it. He faxed me a book of receipts with all the work done. The mods were what I wanted to do anyways. It was built right. Had some decent mileage on it so I knew it was enjoyed and used. He also had no idea what it ran in the quarter so that made me feel a little better. Gave the car to my tuner as soon as I could and let him retune it. This guy is known for good results and safe tunes. Hp numbers dropped a little after the tune but I'm alright with the end result. My only drawback was a few trans problems that I rebuilt myself.
Oh and the car made 596hp in Milwaukee but the tune was pushing the edge a bit.

Last edited by AlsCobra; 5/17/12 at 07:30 PM.
Old 5/17/12, 08:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's not all hp mods. Big brakes. Full subframed. Full bushings and braced.
I did my homework when I bought it. He faxed me a book of receipts with all the work done. The mods were what I wanted to do anyways. It was built right. Had some decent mileage on it so I knew it was enjoyed and used. He also had no idea what it ran in the quarter so that made me feel a little better. Gave the car to my tuner as soon as I could and let him retune it. This guy is known for good results and safe tunes. Hp numbers dropped a little after the tune but I'm alright with the end result. My only drawback was a few trans problems that I rebuilt myself.
Oh and the car made 596hp in Milwaukee but the tune was pushing the edge a bit.
I'll bet it would make 600hp+ in NOLA. That's a huge thing I'm reading up on right now, air density. Take that bad boy to a Dyno at sea level where the air is more dense. I respect the Terminators and also your ability to build a car Al, I just flick you s**t is all. What is your end goal with your vert exactly? I'm preaching the message that I'm going after a plan to have a mean street machine but a daily driver, I don't need a 1/4 mile monster.
Old 5/17/12, 08:16 PM

I'll bet it would make 600hp+ in NOLA. That's a huge thing I'm reading up on right now, air density. Take that bad boy to a Dyno at sea level where the air is more dense. I respect the Terminators and also your ability to build a car Al, I just flick you s**t is all. What is your end goal with your vert exactly? I'm preaching the message that I'm going after a plan to have a mean street machine but a daily driver, I don't need a 1/4 mile monster.
I'm done with it for now. Horsepower is ok. Would like to finish blacking it out but I'm satisfied with the performance for now. Not gonna dump another $6k for a bigger blower. Probably gonna change mufflers is about all.
Old 5/17/12, 08:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm done with it for now. Horsepower is ok. Would like to finish blacking it out but I'm satisfied with the performance for now. Not gonna dump another $6k for a bigger blower. Probably gonna change mufflers is about all.
What kind of blower and psi are you running it at?
Old 5/17/12, 08:26 PM

What kind of blower and psi are you running it at?
Ford Racing Whipple 2.3L. 19.9 psi in the summer. So probably close to 21 in the winter. Not sure about scfm. 6lbs crank pulley with a 3.5" blower pulley.
Old 5/17/12, 08:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ford Racing Whipple 2.3L. 19.9 psi in the summer. So probably close to 21 in the winter. Not sure about scfm. 6lbs crank pulley with a 3.5" blower pulley.
Holly sweet Jesus, that much psi with the right turbo trim and intercooler would easily be 621rwhp. Of course the powerband wouldn't kick in until 3,000 rpm's but that's some serious pressure Al. No motor rebuild or anything on your Terminator?
Old 5/17/12, 08:38 PM

Holly sweet Jesus, that much psi with the right turbo trim and intercooler would easily be 621rwhp. Of course the powerband wouldn't kick in until 3,000 rpm's but that's some serious pressure Al. No motor rebuild or anything on your Terminator?
Nope. But that's about the limit. I could make the same horsepower with a lot less psi if I went with the 2.9L whipple or Kenne Bell but I don't like KB. I really don't like running that much pressure. Just waiting for blow by to start. Lol. SVT guys build a great engine.
Old 5/17/12, 08:49 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You need it for your little 275hp 4.6
Old 5/17/12, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nope. But that's about the limit. I could make the same horsepower with a lot less psi if I went with the 2.9L whipple or Kenne Bell but I don't like KB. I really don't like running that much pressure. Just waiting for blow by to start. Lol. SVT guys build a great engine.
DOHC, 4.6L, Forged Internals and Bottom End, along with the second best breathing heads put out by Ford Motor Co. rivaled only by the Ford GT? Yeah, I'd say you're right on par with SVT building a killer motor man. I've been trying to find just a 98 Cobra Motor and those things sell for $4k+ without any guarantee of how the motor was driven. Definitely wish I had that motor, even without the blower, just the motor.
Old 5/17/12, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

You need it for your little 275hp 4.6
You trying to show your dohc 5.4 off now Joe?

Quick Reply: More power on the way