1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Mods to a leased car..? yes no.. what?

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/04, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi- For my first post, I am looking for opinions on modding a car with a lease. I know, I know.. It was the only way I could get the old lady to agree to me getting it.

Anyway- It’s a 04 GT 5 speed.

I'm willing to accept some $$ loses removing the parts at the end of the contract up to a point, and I know I'm going to lower it.
Anyone else bought exhaust or intakes.. Any thing reversible that I can/ cannot do?

Thanks guys!

Old 8/23/04, 10:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

dont really think you can do to much. could probably get away with the exhaust. could alwats get a cold ai kit and the upper intake elbow and 75mm Throttle body. they are easily removed. then you could sell the parts on ebay and try to recoup. i wouldnt lower it unless you plan on returning the stock springs. they may have a fit with that. though you could say the stock stuff went bad. good luck though
Old 8/23/04, 10:38 PM

Yeah - I intend to keep the stock pieces so I can return it back to original... just curious how far peeps would take it knowing they had to do that .
Thanks for the reply!
Old 8/23/04, 11:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by subgraphic@August 23, 2004, 10:14 PM
Hi- For my first post, I am looking for opinions on modding a car with a lease. I know, I know.. It was the only way I could get the old lady to agree to me getting it.

Anyway- It’s a 04 GT 5 speed.

I'm willing to accept some $$ loses removing the parts at the end of the contract up to a point, and I know I'm going to lower it.
Anyone else bought exhaust or intakes.. Any thing reversible that I can/ cannot do?

Thanks guys!

I've known people that have installed blowers on cars and then returned them to stock as the end of the lease. It doesn't really matter how far you go, as long as you can return it to stock when you turn it in. During a lease period, with a modified car you will want to stay away from the service centers too, as they will document the changes and try to bill you at the end of the lease if anything goes wrong.
Old 8/24/04, 02:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

yeah you should be fine. just if you blow it up, have it towed to your house. put the old parts on and then have it towed to ford and act really car illiterate(sp)
Old 8/25/04, 04:32 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Read the fine print on the lease agreement first. You might find some very interesting and accountable points to consider. Specially your financial commitments with respect to liabilities.

There are reasons why lease contracts are updated frequently, and most of them are certainly not there to protect the lessee, meaning you.
Old 8/25/04, 04:37 PM
V6 Member

don't lower it too much, you could have trouble getting it on an alignment rack or even a lift at your local garage
Old 8/25/04, 08:29 PM

Thank you for your replys. I believe I might wait untill the 05's arrive, trade in my 04, and BUY it.

Chin spoiler and grill delete is all for me.

Thanks again