1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Mach 1 Decision

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/04, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yeah!!!! Thanks man! That sounded great!
Can't wait to be driving mine home!!!!
Old 7/6/04, 08:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

good luck man. love the grey. but the orange just kept calling me
Old 7/11/04, 06:03 PM
Bullitt Member

i have a 96 cobra and an 03 cobra. i was driving the 96 today(bone stock) and pulled up to a grey mach that looks exactly like the photo on page 1. we took off from the light and he just pulled away from me like i was standing still. needless to say i have a lot more respect for the mach's now. i like to take out the 96 a lot because most guys run and hide from me when i have the terminator out but today i was wishing termie had been with me. B)
Old 7/12/04, 09:49 PM

Thanks for that story Redfiresnake!
Well the day approaches. I should be going down this weekend. Already sent the dealer a check for 500.00 to hold the car. In fact the one I was looking at online they sold to another dealer but then went and ordered another for me to take it's place. Only thing now is, I'm having second thoughts about the color!!! LOL
Think they would be too pissed if I asked them to order the red??? Or I like the white with the black stripes!!! Hard to choose and this close to pick up time, I'm wondering about that!!!!
Old 7/13/04, 05:50 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OT: I had a rough day yesterday, but as I was coming home, I was about a block away from my house sitting at a stop sign, when a neon coming the other way, stops along side me and motions for me to roll down the window. He said, "I'm not a mustang fan, but that car is gorgeous! I love the shaker!"

Just kinda odd that a neon would stop and give me compliments. It was very appreciated though.
Old 7/13/04, 06:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Be waiting for pictures after you get it. I really want one but I don't want to start from scratch again. Even though it is a Mach.
Old 7/13/04, 04:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Everyone has their favorite color but if I owned a Mach it would be black. The ones I have seen are beautiful. Wish I had the money, I would buy one and put a blower on it. But the grey one I got dusted by was a pretty car Rolling Stone. and I'm not usually a fan of grey cars. Congrats and let us know how you like it!
Old 7/13/04, 06:41 PM

My current v6 is black and although black would not have been my choice, it was what came available at the time when I bought it. But now I love it. Gets dirty easy though. But it has white lettering and strip down the side below the door.
I thought of the black Mach but 1 thing is it is solid black, I would like a little white on it to look good. Also some people would think I have the same car!! LOL
But for now it looks like it's the Shadow Grey......the deal is all but done. Man I can't wait till this weekend to go pick it up! And it's interstate all the way home for the most part!!!!!
Old 7/15/04, 08:38 PM

Well I leave tomorrow after work to drive most of the night to go and pick up my Mach 1. But check this out....I decided to rent a car to drive down so as not to have 2 cars to bring back....well I rented a v6 Red Mustang Vert........and man am I really tempted to change my purchase to a Vert! Only trouble is I don't think I'd be happy with a GT and the Cobra is too high in price. But man!!!! I had never driven a vert before, but now that I have I may never be the same!!!!!!!
But I'm pretty sure I will stick to the Mach decision!
Old 7/15/04, 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I was torn as well between my GT vert and the Mach. If the Mach would have been a vert there wouldn't have been a question as to which one I would have bought. There's nothing like a vert !!!!
Old 7/15/04, 09:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by REDFIRESNAKE@July 13, 2004, 4:28 PM
Everyone has their favorite color but if I owned a Mach it would be black. The ones I have seen are beautiful. Wish I had the money, I would buy one and put a blower on it. But the grey one I got dusted by was a pretty car Rolling Stone. and I'm not usually a fan of grey cars. Congrats and let us know how you like it!
You got beat by a Mach? Were you in the cobra at the time, because unless I come across a heavily modded or blown Mach, I won't be seeing tail lights. Sorry for being off topic, but that was bugging me.
Old 7/16/04, 05:09 PM
Bullitt Member

I was in my 96 Cobra at the time. It has no modifications. My 2003 cobra would have blown that guys doors off. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 7/16/04, 09:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Woo, I was worried there for a sec. thought there could be a blown Mach roaming the country hunting 03 cobras.
Old 7/16/04, 11:01 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by PearBear@July 16, 2004, 11:10 PM
Woo, I was worried there for a sec. thought there could be a blown Mach roaming the country hunting 03 cobras.
There's probably several. Heck, there's modded GT's that'll blow the doors off an 03 Cobra. Not many, but there are.
Old 7/18/04, 11:39 PM

Well it's late tonight and I've just got home, so no pics or anything yet. But I went down Friday night, picked up the car at the dealership and made a weekend of it in Orlando before driving back. And I must say the Mach 1 has to be the best choice I could have made. From the moment I first cranked it up and drove off till parking it here at home, every second in it has been pure joy!!!!
Old 7/18/04, 11:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats!!!!! Can't wait to see pics!! Enjoy it,each day I drive my GT is a pleasure.I can only imagine how much more fun the Mach is
Old 7/21/04, 11:10 PM

Which dealership in Orlando did you buy it from? I've seen several dealers here with Mach's on the lot.
Old 7/22/04, 04:09 PM

I got it at Greenway Ford. Would have posted pics by now, but the day after I got home I have been at the hospital with my son. I am a single parent and the kids were staying with their mom ( my ex ) for a few weeks for the summer. My boy got hurt and me and him are just now getting back from the hospital. I learned one thing though, when I found out my little boy was hurt, I found out the Mach 1 can get you to the hospital in record time!
Old 7/22/04, 07:23 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hoper everything OK with your son. Giving him lots of rides in the Mach 1 will help cheer him up.
Old 7/22/04, 08:54 PM

Thanks, he was ready to leave the hospital and ride in the new Mach!!! He loved it too. And you were right about the exhaust. It sounds great stock...I heard it across the lot at the dealer when they cranked it up to drive it over for me to pick it up!!! I love it every time I crank it and take off!!! Now if I can find a good radar detector!!!!

Quick Reply: Mach 1 Decision