1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Mac prochamber or other... With Flowsmasters

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/05, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone! I have a 1998 Gt for about a year now. I already have installed Flowmaster American Thunders and a FIPK K&N CAI. I love my car and the performance with the sound but i want a little bit more of both. Time for a MID PIPE!!!! I love the deep agressive sounds and am willing to sacrafice a hp or two ( not drastic) to get it...... I definately want my exhaust to be loud and deep. I've heard the H-pipe will give u more of the LOW deep sound, as oopposed to the X pipe, which is definately what im after. I definately need to blow away the sound on my friend's v-6 mustang, he has put custom exhaust in it and i will admit it sounds SUPRISINGLY good and almost comparable to mine..... THAT DEF needs to change. All about the V-8 GT haha haha

Which Mid pipe would u all recommend? From the title of this thread u know i am interest in the Mac prochamber. I am wondering if they will match up nicely to Flowmaster American thunder cat back and stock manifolds (not planning on replacing them soon). What am i lookin at as far as sound and power gains with this match up? Also, any other mid pipe recomendations are welcome! thank you....... sry about adding to the 1,000 thread made about this in the forum.
Old 12/1/05, 05:12 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Prochamber all the way. I highly recommend it over just a o/r h-pipe. Its going to be a bit deeper, and smoother at the same time, but be loud and agressive for you.

The Rock 326 on this site had a O/R prochamber and Mac cat-back for awhile on his car and it sounded awesome. The Mac cat-back is very similar to the flowmasters. Here is one of the vids, you will need Divx to watch.

Right Click, Save As
Old 12/1/05, 05:24 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Scothew@December 1, 2005, 4:15 PM
Prochamber all the way. I highly recommend it over just a o/r h-pipe. Its going to be a bit deeper, and smoother at the same time, but be loud and agressive for you.

The Rock 326 on this site had a O/R prochamber and Mac cat-back for awhile on his car and it sounded awesome. The Mac cat-back is very similar to the flowmasters. Here is one of the vids, you will need Divx to watch.

Right Click, Save As
Rock'em Sock'em on the Video Scothew!! That is the sound we all love right there!! That car is why we all love Mustangs.. That Brutal Ford twisted-bent Crankshaft sound!! LOL!! I got my Mac Prochamber on the way.. Should be here any day.. Its going on my 05V6.. I'll also post a soundfile here.. Hopefully it will sound atleast 1/2 as good as the SN95.. I doubt it.. But I gotta try.. Nice video!!
Old 12/1/05, 05:38 PM

nebie to the sire o/r= onroad or off/road ? but are a "o" and a "r".... spekaing of which does the mac prochamber come in catted version? Could be a stupid question too lol sry if it is
Old 12/1/05, 05:40 PM

newbie to the site* sorry for the typo
Old 12/1/05, 05:50 PM

sorry for the consecutive posts! I did a lil research..... Mac prochamber do come catted which is prob what ill need. however i cant find a catted model for a 1998 GT anywhere. Can anyone else. Where do u all shop online?
Old 12/1/05, 05:55 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by silverGTstang281@December 1, 2005, 4:41 PM
nebie to the sire o/r= onroad or off/road ? but are a "o" and a "r".... spekaing of which does the mac prochamber come in catted version? Could be a stupid question too lol sry if it is

O/R Should mean Off Road(Not-Street Legal), unless Scothew has some twisted logic I'm not aware of.. The Mac-Prochamber is seperate and apart from the rest of the exhaust system.. This means, that it is installed as a single piece which can be incorporated the way in which you feel is necessary.. They do sell complete kits for the Mac-Prochamber which will have all relevant pieces including hi-flow cats.. The option is up to you to install these.. If you want the car to sound really sick and twisted, the cats will need to be removed.. This is not to say that the car wont sound great with the high flow cats.. Of course you understand the variables involved..

Here is the one you need!! Make sure you post a sound file!!

Mac Pro-Chamber 98GT
Old 12/1/05, 07:02 PM

haha thanx alot big help.... im likin these boards alot! my only question left is, i can just bolt my own cats in there and she'll work? also any recomendations on which cats, obviosuly high flow? and finally haha do they happen to sell a third section of pipe that i just might be able to insert when i unbolt those cats after the inspection u know like a pipe the size of those cats in length haha thank you

p.s. how does that work.... if i am able to bolt cats in there doesnt one of the pipes need to be shorter? cause if it fits with cats how can it fit with out them
Old 12/1/05, 07:34 PM
MSP
Banned

I'm quite sure they have one for the 98GT, but I cant find it right now.. I'll keep looking. However, it will be sorta like this one on for the 2005 Mustangs...

http://www.coolblueperformance.com/index.a...PROD&ProdID=596

Notice how the cats are break-apart pieces.. You would have to see if Mac has the insert for the off road application, or have the muffler shop make you up a detatchable piece...

Here is another link for ya... Looks like they have the small section of removable pipe for ya..

http://coolblueperformance.com/index.asp?P...anfID=21&Page=3

This one..

http://coolblueperformance.com/index.asp?P...PROD&ProdID=582
Old 12/1/05, 08:11 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I'm twisted for the most part, buy my logic is correct in o/r = Off Road.
Old 12/1/05, 08:39 PM

ok ok thanks to all of you. im sitll lookin around too, maybe ill call mac directly and see..... as far as that insert pipe goes, in that first link, thier description mentions in the last line about basically switching between on and offraod... thats good news. However in that second link to show me the pipe,u said here it is and had a link of like a million things. haha After the second link u had a third that i think was a full exhaust system or atleast cat back..I think u posted the wrong link not sure im confused haha.. maybe im wrong..... but thank you soo much for the help so far. Ill be sure to call mac back about that. Could u please clarify your last post for me please thank you
Old 12/1/05, 08:41 PM
J2D
GT Member

I actually have Rocks Mac exhaust, I love the way it sounds, nice deep rumble but not a lot of drone!
Old 12/1/05, 08:47 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I didnt realize you got it from him Matt.
Old 12/1/05, 09:02 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by silverGTstang281@December 1, 2005, 7:42 PM
ok ok thanks to all of you. im sitll lookin around too, maybe ill call mac directly and see..... as far as that insert pipe goes, in that first link, thier description mentions in the last line about basically switching between on and offraod... thats good news. However in that second link to show me the pipe,u said here it is and had a link of like a million things. haha After the second link u had a third that i think was a full exhaust system or atleast cat back..I think u posted the wrong link not sure im confused haha.. maybe im wrong..... but thank you soo much for the help so far. Ill be sure to call mac back about that. Could u please clarify your last post for me please thank you

I was mainely pointing out the different sections of the total exhaust, and how you can insert the cats for on and off-road.. The first link was clear.. Now all you have to do is call mac and get the part number for that setup for the 98GT!..

@Scothew

I knew you werent twisted!! LOL!! But being twisted is actually a good thing!! So take it as a compliment..
Old 12/1/05, 09:16 PM

ok thanx! yeah im def callin tomm, i just hope they make a kit because apparently 98 was a transition year, so many ocmpis make specific products to fit the 1998, still unclear as to what changed actually. Ex, the flowmasterers had to be especilly for the 98, they are just in thier own category. I'm hopin mac would have done the same, or better yet anything that will def fit! I need to make my stand louder and faster! thank you for all you help once again! Big Help
Old 12/2/05, 08:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

my prochamber is O/R (off road) and i love the way it sounds granted its on a 5.0 not the 4.6 but im sure it will sound great on your car. i have MAC from headers to catback on my 92
Old 12/2/05, 02:07 PM

nice set up im sure it sounds amazing, i hope mine does too..... I called Mac directly today, and he gave me a part number pc9668 catted and pc9600 O/R ..... great right? wrong! cant find it on the internet, even if i type it in google. Can any of u guys find it ? thank you im gunna keep looking

i can find the pc9600 no the catted version though pc9668
Old 12/2/05, 02:13 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Can you not order it directly from MAC?
Old 12/2/05, 06:32 PM
J2D
GT Member

Originally posted by Scothew@December 1, 2005, 9:50 PM
I didnt realize you got it from him Matt.
Yup, he made me a deal I couldn't refuse!
Old 12/3/05, 12:21 AM
Bullitt Member

By far, to me at least, a prochamber is the best sounding mid pipe out there. On a 5.0 or a 4.6 they just have a sick tone to them. Flow master will make the car sound deep and mellow, a prochamber will make it freaking scream at higher rpm.

Quick Reply: Mac prochamber or other... With Flowsmasters