1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

I went Borla ... I got bit by the mod bug!

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/04 | 06:36 PM

JefferyDJ - I ask cause I need to adjust mine a little, and was wonder how hard it may be.

My long story short. Got LT Headers, X Pipe and Borlas installed at same time. I was excited driving back from Detroit I really didn't notice, but my tips are a little off. The left sticks out 'bout an inch more then the right. I would like to bring the other out a little. Not sure if it's the clamp near the mufflers, the flange near the X pipe or both that I will need to be loosened to scoot it out.

I'm gonna be gettin' under there soon to do it myself, but thought I'd see if you may have any suggestions where I should start first.

I'm gonna try a grab a picture tonight to show ya what I mean.

Thanks.
Old 5/7/04 | 08:08 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Actually either clamp on the kit can be loosened to finagle the right fit. I've considered moving both of mine in a bit. But, I'm learning to like the pimp style. I think the one closest to the H is the easiest, but I'll take a gander tomorrow and let you know.

EDIT: I just noticed you had a Cobra. You're kit will be differnt then mine, because you don't have the axle to go up and around in the same way I do. I'm honestly not real sure if your's would be the same as mine (I have two connects: at the H and from the "muffler" to the tips.)

You may just have to experiment, but I'm sure you can get it moved back to match.
Old 5/7/04 | 08:12 PM

Originally posted by Galaxieboy@May. 7th, 2004, 5:43 PM
Jeffery.. sounds great man...

borla it is when I get the '05
I'd always been a fan of Borla. I bet they'll sound amazing on the 05.
Old 5/7/04 | 10:30 PM

I tried to grab a photo tonight... turned out really bad/dark. I'll try to grab a better photo soon.

You're right about the set up. Mine does twist differently underneth with the IRS. No over-axle bend. However, It sounds like we have similar connection points.

I admit, I like it sticking out a little bit. Can see the "Borla" embossed on the top of the tips better ~

Thanks again. Sorry for hijacking your thread.
Old 5/7/04 | 10:35 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Jeffrey, sounds good man! (from what I can make out....quality is poor)

Maybe get a better recording sometime in the future and post her up. I'd love to hear it without the static.

I am a big Borla fan myself also.
Old 5/8/04 | 06:00 AM

Yup, I'm gonna try to do it this weekend, if I can figure out how to do it with the Camcorder, without degrading it too much. I Still have video at the 40th I want to encode too!
Old 5/8/04 | 03:00 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by JeffreyDJ@May. 8th, 2004, 8:03 AM
Yup, I'm gonna try to do it this weekend, if I can figure out how to do it with the Camcorder, without degrading it too much. I Still have video at the 40th I want to encode too!
Can't wait.
Old 5/13/04 | 07:26 PM
Post *****

Jeff-

The pipes don't look like they stick out too far. I guess what really matters is if the rub or touch the cout outs, and it looks like they don't.

When I go for an oil change next week I am going to speak with the service manager to get a on the cat-back, and shifter. Shouldn't be a problem, but just want to make sure.

I have four mods(not all performance) (exhaust, wheels(to save the originals), shifter, and maybe CJ emblems on the shaker) that I am looking to do (if saving for a house doesn't get in the way).

After my first oil change ~1200 miles, I am going to take her to the track. Never had a car faster than a 13.9 (my first '86 Capri with a '93 cobra long block) so I am hoping not to look like too much of a fool on my runs! If I do . . .oh well, that is why it is called 'test & tune'!!

Still trying to work on my launches with the Mach.

Oh . . and my darn shaker just started to rattle at idle, will probably do the fix they have posted on mach1registry.com.
Old 5/13/04 | 07:47 PM
GT Member

My 95 S-351 came with Borlas! Mark
Old 5/14/04 | 10:32 AM

But shaker started to rattle. I had them check it the same time the checked the brake light coming on. They ended up just rasing it a bit as far as I could tell, because the little washer things are still white in mine (as opposed to black for the replacements).

Now that I've been bitten, I'm considering doing the MRT H pipe and Steeda strut tower brace. Agh! I shouldn't have let the mods start.
Old 5/14/04 | 11:17 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I'd get subframes before you put to many miles on the car. Will be a major benefit down the road

Oh and a X-pipe will sound insane with those borla's
Old 5/14/04 | 11:21 AM
Post *****

I'd get subframes before you put to many miles on the car. Will be a major benefit down the road
We (Mach's) already have sub-frames, although they are bolted not welded. I am going to have mine welded soon.

Although, you may have meant aftermarket subs.
Old 5/14/04 | 01:14 PM

I've thought about welding mine or going after market. It's a lower concern for me right now. The other two items will be first.

I've decided on an H, because I like the sound better. But either way, it's a few months down the road ... Wife, 3 kids, I can't rush out and buy things left and right
Old 5/14/04 | 01:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Ahhhh, I remember when you were still bugging out about what to buy. How time flies. I love your car. Still tossing around the idea of getting one for me when I get back.
Old 5/14/04 | 01:20 PM

Yup. Been about 6 months when I first started REALLY considering it. Had the car 5 months now. I'm really glad I didn't wait.

I my car a lot.
Old 5/14/04 | 01:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I would have a hard time getting rid of my 97, I love the look, the stance it has now, and I got all the mods (you have just begun no matter what you say) that I want done. Just a couple cosmetic things now. I'm thinking about getting the Mach and keeping the 97 too.
Old 5/14/04 | 01:26 PM

That'd be a good plan. Kinda what I decided to do (Keep the Mach even when I add a new body style stang in a few years).
Old 5/14/04 | 01:53 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I am talking aftermarket subframes. The stock subs are very thin walled and flimsy.. wont help that much. I have a set of Kenny Brown super subs. WORLD of difference on my car. A friend took his stock subframes off his 01 cobra coupe and put the same ones on and he said it made a huge difference in body strength as well.

The reason i am so "pro" subframes are that after time, the unibody design of your car will eventually start sagging, therefore causing doors and other body panels to not align properly. Also you will start to notice more creaks and rattles in the interior over time. The next mustang I buy will have subs put on ASAP at the lowest mileage possible. I wish whoever owned my car before me had done the same.
Old 5/18/04 | 08:41 AM
Post *****

Jeffery-

So the Stingers have "settled" down a bit?! Or like you said, your ears have
adjusted.

I am talking aftermarket subframes. The stock subs are very thin walled and flimsy.. wont help that much. I have a set of Kenny Brown super subs. WORLD of difference on my car. A friend took his stock subframes off his 01 cobra coupe and put the same ones on and he said it made a huge difference in body strength as well.

The reason i am so "pro" subframes are that after time, the unibody design of your car will eventually start sagging, therefore causing doors and other body panels to not align properly. Also you will start to notice more creaks and rattles in the interior over time. The next mustang I buy will have subs put on ASAP at the lowest mileage possible. I wish whoever owned my car before me had done the same.

I figured you meant aftermarket, sometimes my brain works in a slow manner!!

Thanks for the information. I figured if one puts on the Super Subs, and a Strut Tower brace, you should be racing flat, and rattle free around corners. (As you stated above.)
Old 5/18/04 | 09:29 AM

I think its a combination of the sound deepening a bit and me becoming accustomed to the different sound.

I really am going to make more videos sometime. it's just hard to make time to do it!

Quick Reply: I went Borla ... I got bit by the mod bug!