1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

engine

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/11, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
engine

Ok I was curious I have a 2000 gt and wanted to know what is the biggest engine I can put in my car and would a 4.6 from a newer mustang work
Old 1/23/11, 05:56 PM

I would either go with a 5.4 out if a lightning or a 4v out of a cobra or 03-04 Mach. I think with be 4v's all you have to do is change out the motor mounts. And those motors are way better then the 3v (05+ gt's) motors.
Old 1/24/11, 04:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by nmstang00
I would either go with a 5.4 out if a lightning or a 4v out of a cobra or 03-04 Mach. I think with be 4v's all you have to do is change out the motor mounts. And those motors are way better then the 3v (05+ gt's) motors.
With any of these engines will I have to mod anything else but the motor mounts
Old 1/24/11, 05:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Im looking to drop a termi crate into my car this year. The internaks can handle so much power and its a better engine in so many ways. Plus the supporting parts and buying that engine will be cheaper than upgrading all your internals and driveline in order to be handle something close to the numbers of the termi. Plus it comes ready to mount a super between the cylinder valleys! The mach 1 crate is a great engine as well. DOHC with slightly better internals means easier upgrade and more power available should you wish to go high enough. Or you could jist drop the new coyote in ive seen some sn95 mustangs with the new 5.0 and lighter body + monster engine = VROOM!
Its a PITA install but very possible. It all depends on your budget
Old 1/24/11, 05:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5.0
Im looking to drop a termi crate into my car this year. The internaks can handle so much power and its a better engine in so many ways. Plus the supporting parts and buying that engine will be cheaper than upgrading all your internals and driveline in order to be handle something close to the numbers of the termi. Plus it comes ready to mount a super between the cylinder valleys! The mach 1 crate is a great engine as well. DOHC with slightly better internals means easier upgrade and more power available should you wish to go high enough. Or you could jist drop the new coyote in ive seen some sn95 mustangs with the new 5.0 and lighter body + monster engine = VROOM!
Its a PITA install but very possible. It all depends on your budget
Ok I know I am asking a lot but its cause I have no **** clue what would I need to switch out as far as stock parts and where can I find the type of engine you are talking about cause I googled it and couldn't find **** thanks
Old 1/24/11, 10:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just get on google and type 2003-2004 cobra mustang crate engine. Also the coyote 5.0 crate engine. Youll need to supply your own supporting oarts kike alternators, drivreline components, etc.
They should have most details lisyed on the various websites
Old 1/25/11, 08:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5.0
Just get on google and type 2003-2004 cobra mustang crate engine. Also the coyote 5.0 crate engine. Youll need to supply your own supporting oarts kike alternators, drivreline components, etc.
They should have most details lisyed on the various websites
Ok thanks man I really appreciate it