1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Does anyone have the wider anthricite rims from AM?

Search this Thread

Old 3/17/14, 10:58 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have the wider anthricite rims from AM?

AM makes a package deal for people who only want wider rear rims. It's the stock gt rims there just 10.5 Inches and have 315s on them. Does anyone have these or have a friend that had gotten them that can give me a little review on them?
Here's the link to them

http://www.americanmuscle.com/anthra...itto-rear.html
Old 3/17/14, 11:07 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you want to know if they match or not, the answer is no. I've been told the color is close, but not exact. The Nittos are a pretty good tire as well.
Old 3/17/14, 11:13 AM
V6 Member

AM told me they match cars with low miles better because the stock rim won't be as dark?? Do you think that's true?
Old 3/17/14, 03:53 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It could be possible, I'm not sure though.
Old 3/18/14, 07:39 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dilabop
AM makes a package deal for people who only want wider rear rims. It's the stock gt rims there just 10.5 Inches and have 315s on them. Does anyone have these or have a friend that had gotten them that can give me a little review on them?
Here's the link to them

http://www.americanmuscle.com/anthra...itto-rear.html
This is a great addition for anyone who is looking for a wider tire out back. The 17x10.5 and 315 tire really looks aggressive and will benefit you in the traction department!

The Anthracite finish is tricky. It will be very close to your factory Bullitt Wheels but in some cases (depending on the year of the Mustang) the finish is a tad bit off. It's usually not even noticeable to the human eye. Our CS team also pointed you in the right direction. If your Mustang has low miles, it not a lot of road grime etc.. it has a better chance of being a perfect match!

Hope this helps. Let my CS team know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan
Old 3/18/14, 09:37 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
This is a great addition for anyone who is looking for a wider tire out back. The 17x10.5 and 315 tire really looks aggressive and will benefit you in the traction department! The Anthracite finish is tricky. It will be very close to your factory Bullitt Wheels but in some cases (depending on the year of the Mustang) the finish is a tad bit off. It's usually not even noticeable to the human eye. Our CS team also pointed you in the right direction. If your Mustang has low miles, it not a lot of road grime etc.. it has a better chance of being a perfect match! Hope this helps. Let my CS team know if you have any questions or need some assistance. -Dan
Thank you for your reply. I ordered one rim because that's what the customer service department suggested. It should be here in the next couple of days. I'm going to put it next to the front rim and see how close the match is. If it's close enough I'm going to send the single rim back and by the rear wheel and tire combo. Do you mind letting me know how I can get the discount for being on a forum?
Old 3/19/14, 07:12 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dilabop
Thank you for your reply. I ordered one rim because that's what the customer service department suggested. It should be here in the next couple of days. I'm going to put it next to the front rim and see how close the match is. If it's close enough I'm going to send the single rim back and by the rear wheel and tire combo. Do you mind letting me know how I can get the discount for being on a forum?
Alright. That sounds like a good plan. It's always good to be sure that something matches you current set-up.

Because of our agreement with the forums, we can only give away the coupon code to members with over 50 posts. However, in the mean time try these:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/americ...upon-code.html

And hit me up when you have 50 posts and I'll gladly hook you up! Thanks for your business and loyalty!

Dan
Old 3/20/14, 08:47 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Alright. That sounds like a good plan. It's always good to be sure that something matches you current set-up. Because of our agreement with the forums, we can only give away the coupon code to members with over 50 posts. However, in the mean time try these: http://www.americanmuscle.com/americ...upon-code.html And hit me up when you have 50 posts and I'll gladly hook you up! Thanks for your business and loyalty! Dan
Sounds good. Thank you