1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

It Is Confirmed...

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/04 | 10:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

for me the insurance difference between the mach and gt was like 20 a month. but i am 25 and married etc w/ a good record. if you have to get a mach go for it. but if not get a gt. b/c just remeber you will have to pay for your own insurance eventually. i tried to get a cobra vert right out of HS got payment to 430 insurance was going to be 515!
Old 7/7/04 | 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah...conv_stang...there is no way for me to get a Cobra. I already tried when I was 16, I was looking at a 1999 BLK Cobra (Coupe) and I could afford the car (18G's) at the time, but insurance was roughly 570$! Ouch...so I just said no.

But, I am really thinking about the GT route...

1. It reacts to mods and isn't a special edition that you would like to keep stock.

2. Save me money in the long haul.

3. In a few years (when paid off) I will turn it into a track car (actual racing car, not 1/mile...) at the Bob Bondurant race track and drive my 07 Cobra everywhere! WOOHOO!

Are these good ideas to look into? I am just throwing around things now...stop if I talk to fast...I am sure most of my friends are tired of me talking about it by now...lol!
Old 7/7/04 | 02:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

yeah sounds good. and with the GT dont have to worry as much about ruining the collectibility with mods. and can save up to get you a trailer queen later. thats the only reason i really let my wife talk me out of the mach 1. was 1. i want an 05 or 06SE ASAP, and if i got a mach wouldnt be able to mod it like i want. and the 4.6SOHC just loves a blower : )
Old 7/8/04 | 10:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I just bought a 99 GT last thursday for my first car. I initially wanted to wait and get a 99 cobra but I would have had to wait like another year to save up the difference. I'll be honest the GT is absolutly perfect. For you I say if you got the cash, go for the Mach, but if you want more options to look at, go for the GT.
Old 7/9/04 | 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

How does the GT have more options? The Mach is the Bully of the block for us Mustang-ers who can afford nice-fast powered mustangs, without going broke (Cobra).
Old 7/10/04 | 01:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by s7v7n@July 9, 2004, 9:53 PM
How does the GT have more options? The Mach is the Bully of the block for us Mustang-ers who can afford nice-fast powered mustangs, without going broke (Cobra).
I think, but I'm not 100% sure, he means that there will be more of a variety of GT's than the limited Mach's. More colors better deals etc etc.

Man, I would try to go for the lowest miles possible, I still think you could get a 2004 deluxe GT for 19~18K. Pushing you to the max I know, but it might save you a bundle in repairs.

Just remember, people don't buy Mustangs to treat them gently...... they turn into Speed Racer behind the wheel.
Old 7/10/04 | 02:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, around the end of August, there might be some "left over" ( no one wanted) 2004's going for like 18G's, or atleast that is what I am hoping for...then I have 3G's to put down roughly, so that makes it 15G's! That's ain't too bad!
Old 7/10/04 | 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yea I know the feeling, it's almost like that scene in Braveheart.

William Wallace(Mel Gibson) and the Scottish forces sit and watch the English calvary ride closer and closer and Wallace keeps screaming 'HOLD'. Then right before the calvary slaughters the Scottish forces; Wallace screams 'NOW!' at the last second and the Scottish forces pull out the long spears completely devastating the Calvary.
**The visual is a better comparison than the verbal.**

It's like you gotta hold off now, not giving away your hand, waiting a few weeks could equal thousands. But you can't hold off too long or you'll miss all the deals and maybe your colors.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but here's another site in addition of Edmunds.

carsdirect.com
Old 7/13/04 | 07:33 PM
GT Member

I'm kind of biased here, but if you find a Bullitt, I would highly reccomend getting it.

The car is classified as a GT (lower Ins.) slight power increase over GT, and exclusitivity over most other 99-04 Mustangs. I bought mine 6 months ago and love the car. And with only 5500 made the resale value, if you ever decide to sell it, might be a little better than a GT.

Talk to 1 Bullitt if you need confirmation about these cars! (You still thinking of selling George?)
Old 7/13/04 | 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Bullitts look sooooo good!!!
Old 7/13/04 | 07:46 PM
GT Member

Thanks! Took that pic at Bullitt Nationals, it was awsome to see 50 Bullitts in one location.
Old 7/14/04 | 12:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Bill,

I have been thinking about a Bullit for some time. However, I wouldn't spend the extra dough for only 5HP difference between GT and this, but I would spend it on the collectability and looks. So not only have I been contemplating (sp?) George's car and others here (there is 1 for sale here as well), it is a very hard decision.