1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

which is best?

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/05, 06:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My BF is thinking of buying a used Mustang GT. Have you noticed any significant drop in price since the new body style came out? (I have Legend Lime 05)

With a choice of a 2000, 2001, or 2002, which would YOU choose, and WHY ??

Thanks for all opinions!
ChickenChaps - aka Porkster
Old 8/15/05, 07:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would always buy the newest model I could afford, unless you do happen to find that older one with less miles and in better condition.

When it comes to Mustangs, it seems that you know the right one for you when you see it, I would get out there and look at a bunch of them.

Also, make sure to get a Carfax report before you plunk down the cash.

Not a whole lot of changes in those years, of course the ultimate '01 in my book is the Bullitt Mustang, If you can swing it, I would find a nice one and not look back. Good Luck!
Old 8/15/05, 10:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Remember 1999 is still an option too.

I agree with TJ4Cam.....you'll know when you see it. I got mine July 31, but I started looking in February of this year. I looked for hours upon hours days upon days and months upon months, until BAM I found her.

Also the Bullitt is the cream of the crop, unless you can find a 1999 or 2001 Cobra for a good price. Yea, there not as good as the 03 or 04, but it's still a nice car.

Anyways......it's all preference for your BF, he should take note that there are slight differences in the colors in all years. For example there are several different shades of red from 1999 to 2002 Torch, Laser Tint, Rio, Laser, and my favorite.....Performance Red. The same goes for other colors.

Most people will favor an 01 or 02 simply for the hood scoop and bullitt rims.

I still love my 2000 simply because she is mine, and the time I spend looking was well spent. Looking for a used Mustang is a lot like looking for coins in a wishing well, "There's a quarter in the midst of pennies, you just have to keep looking." And in my case I found a silver dollar.

Oh well, good luck! Let us know how it turns out.
Old 8/16/05, 05:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks! That helps. I will let ya know what he ends up with. He is also considering a F150, so no telling. He has a F250 4x4 turbo diesel, crew cab, but that thing is so big for going to and from work. He is driving a 90 Tbird and its beginning to nickle and dime.

Thanks again!
Old 8/16/05, 10:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Right now I'm looking at a 2000 White GT Convert. under 23000 orig. miles for 12k obo. Drove past her a few times and it looks better and better each time. They obviously took great care of this car.

WHen you call around, make sure the person you talk to sounds enthused about talking about the car, and not just the "it's a car, I don't care" tone... It's a sure fire way to tell if they took care of her or not.