1994-2004 V-8 GT, GTS, Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra

Another ? on pricing

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/04, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I have spent alot of time reading through the old posts for info. I too have the wait for 05 or go Mach dilemma!!! One other ? I have and I know alot of you guys seem to know your way around the dealerships, but I have been blessed to be fortunate enough to buy my new car with cash. Plan to pay in full. Now having been a poor boy all my life this is new to me! But I have heard there is more bargaining power paying cash. However when in to talk with my local dealer the guy seemed to care less and said you can just save finance charges. However he was also saying they will sell all 2004 Stangs and my waiting would not save any money. So I know he was full of it. But realistically what should I expect when dickering and paying cash? Also they are still listing the Mach at 30,000 and I can tell by reading old posts they should be able to do better than that. Again thanks for reading this and thanks for any and all help!
Old 6/19/04, 11:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is my plan......I'm looking around the 20-25K for a new car....period. I've considered many different cars, and the pricing on the new 05 Mustang will change my decision completely.

I've thought about an older Mach 1 or GT, but I'm thinking once the 05's hit the market people will trade in old GT's and Mach 1's.

Just like once you step foot on a Pontiac dealership you'll find old Trans Am's as individuals have traded them in for a new GTO.

So when dealers say no...the 04's price will not change or it'll never change.....once the 05 model hit everyone will want the new model causing the older models value to depreciate faster.

Unless, the money is burning a hole in your pocket(or you only want a new Mach) that is a path to take.
Old 6/20/04, 07:28 AM
Bullitt Member

I bet if you take that cash to another dealer you won't get that kind of attitude. It's amazing how some stealerships act towards customers.How some stay in business is beyond me. I used to work at a dealer 17 years ago and I know that when cash is presented dealers are willing to cut some breaks.Give it a try.I say go for the Mach!
Old 6/20/04, 09:37 AM

Actually, paying cash does not always get you a better deal. The dealerships are actually making more money if you finance the car. They get a bonus from the banks. Correct me if I am wrong about that assumption.

Markus
Old 6/20/04, 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by smangs@June 20, 2004, 11:40 AM
Actually, paying cash does not always get you a better deal. The dealerships are actually making more money if you finance the car. They get a bonus from the banks. Correct me if I am wrong about that assumption.

Markus
Actually you are correct as well. Sometimes just depends on where you go. Some dealers just like it simple,easy and a quick sale...or at least the one I worked out did. Then again like I said,that was 17 years ago or so.