1994-2004 V-6 3.8 and 3.9L V6 Mustangs

Time to buy.

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/11 | 12:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5.0

My bad wasnt payon attention to who posted the thread meant for the buyer
No sweat. The new edge is my favorite body style and to the op if you plan on winter driving it bizzaks are your best friend....those tires are unreal just try not to spin em out and they will last a couple seasons
Old 2/7/11 | 12:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Everett

No sweat. The new edge is my favorite body style and to the op if you plan on winter driving it bizzaks are your best friend....those tires are unreal just try not to spin em out and they will last a couple seasons
Ive got a friemd up in northern texas sportin blizzaks on his and he actually managed a smoky burnout that actaully burned rubber instead of slidin on ice! Those things are mknsters in the winter. I hinestly think all terrain tires are the inly thingnbetter
Old 2/7/11 | 03:09 AM

Red face

Originally Posted by Everett
That's what I've heard. Same for some Dunlops(sp?), but I've heard more about Blizzaks than them. I just hope I can find some cheaper ones, because once I've got the 'Stang I'll be low on money for a while.
Old 2/7/11 | 09:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

I wish gas here was $3.11, its over $3.30 here and I still wouldn't trade my GT for anything less.

I've been running Dunlop Graspics (studless ice & snow) tires in the winter since i've had the car. This is the 5th winter i've used them and they still don't let me down. Although I do wish I could afford / have room for a 2nd car for winters just to keep the stang cleaner lol. You are lucky to have a 2nd car to fall back on for winter if needed.
Old 2/7/11 | 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by wildstanglx90
I wish gas here was $3.11, its over $3.30 here and I still wouldn't trade my GT for anything less.
Sheesh, sorry to hear that, man.
I've been running Dunlop Graspics (studless ice & snow) tires in the winter since i've had the car. This is the 5th winter i've used them and they still don't let me down. Although I do wish I could afford / have room for a 2nd car for winters just to keep the stang cleaner lol. You are lucky to have a 2nd car to fall back on for winter if needed.
Dunlops look pretty cheap, a lot cheaper than Blizzaks, at least from my short search on Google. I might just have to get some of them instead if that's all my budget allows for. But from reading some reviews, they're basically just as good as the Blizzaks; some people have even said the Blizzaks are crap and Dunlops are the way to go. Wow. I've got a lot of research ahead of me!

EDIT: Well, I called in for a test drive on the black '04 GT, and I can't get it for the weekend. The dealer has to be with me in the car while I'm using it, which truly means I can't really use it to its fullest. Kind of saddens me but I guess it is what it is. It's still a beautiful car nonetheless and I'm hoping I can find some way to get it.

Last edited by Red X; 2/7/11 at 12:59 PM.
Old 2/8/11 | 06:37 PM

All right, sorry for the double post. Just thought I'd give a bit of an update.

1. http://car4sale.forkstorberlin.com/c.../10574754.html
Still considering this.
2. http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
Someone else got to it before I could.
3. http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
Going with this one most likely. Just need to figure out the financing on it. I test drove it yesterday and I love it. Haha.
4. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Test driving this tomorrow, so it's still in the running.
5. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Same as 4 basically.

Overall, from the test drives I've done, the '03 is getting my vote. The dealer is really fantastic and gracious about it and relates to my situation (we even tried to do donuts in the back lot!). The only thing I still really want to do is TD the '04 GT. It's pricier than the '03 and has more miles, but I like the model and look a bit more than the '03 personally.

Last edited by Red X; 2/8/11 at 06:38 PM.
Old 2/10/11 | 09:42 PM

I have an '02 V6 standard tranny, if you know how to drive, a standard tranny with a cold air intake can and will beat an '02 GT so long as its an automatic though. I know, I did. I love my V6. I can really "drive" it and still get really good gas mileage, the V6 would definitely be the way to go in my opinion
Old 2/10/11 | 09:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 386534
I have an '02 V6 standard tranny, if you know how to drive, a standard tranny with a cold air intake can and will beat an '02 GT so long as its an automatic though. I know, I did. I love my V6. I can really "drive" it and still get really good gas mileage, the V6 would definitely be the way to go in my opinion
Dream on.... Unless it's supecharged I doubt a new edge sixxer is beating a new edge gt. A cai. Please.....buy the gt. Dollar for dollar they are way more fun
Old 2/10/11 | 11:21 PM

I'm getting the '03 red one. I'm gonna ask for winter tires and perhaps a brighter red paint job at the dealer and see what happens.
Old 2/14/11 | 01:42 PM

Double post again. If I'm violating the rules don't hesitate to let me know, I'll stop. >_<

But yeah, I got the crimson '03 'Stang. I've had it since Friday and I'm loving it. It drives so nicely and I'm not having any problems with it. The snow and ice is melting here but it's still winter and my baby's driving like a champ even without winter tires. I'm just wondering what do you think I should mod on my baby? This is what I've got on my list to mod so far:

- Cold air intake
- Hood scoop

Anything else?
Old 2/17/11 | 07:01 AM
V6 Member

Old 2/17/11 | 04:06 PM

Sorry! I'll get some pics up soon as I come back from class, mates!

EDIT: On second thought, I'll get a couple shots of her when she's not so dirty (winter here and all). But if I can't get them in a day or so I'll just post the two pics of her I have already.

Sorry the pics are so small. I had to use the camera on my phone since my digital camera's USB is shot.
Attached Thumbnails Time to buy.-mystang.jpg   Time to buy.-mystang2.jpg   Time to buy.-mystang3.jpg   Time to buy.-mystang4.jpg   Time to buy.-mystang5.jpg  

Time to buy.-mystang6.jpg  

Last edited by Red X; 2/19/11 at 09:14 PM.