1994-2004 V-6 3.8 and 3.9L V6 Mustangs

My Mustang is finally gone

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/05 | 12:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

I got a call last night that I had stolen my car. The guy knew every thing about me. He knew I'd been in Sicily, he knew I had court this weekend and he seemed to know that I drove the car out of state. He went on to say that it is not permitted to drive a stolen vehicle across state lines. I went to drop my car off at Mike Shad Ford as the repo man told me to but they would not accept it. They said they had not recieved a phone call from anybody about a repo. I call the guy several times and he doesn't answer, very unpro. I call the bank and they tell me that yes my info is correct and that I was suppossed to drop the car off.

True I hadn't made a payment in 6 months. It is also true that the bank made no attempt to collect this car. Accusing me of stealing this vehicle, registered in my name, is insane. If they wanted it then they had my address. The car was here every day during the daytime and they had every oppurtunity to get the vehicle.

Sooo anyway its gone. Its still sitting in front of Budget rental where I left it and picked up my rental car. The 2005 Crown Victoria is such a comfortable ride. Lumbar seating, leather . . . and just a real smooth ride. Funny that, even in a rental, I'm still driving Ford.

My yellow Stang was pretty dirty when I left it but I still took a whole roll of film. Right now I don't even really miss it. It had been such a hassle to try to make the outrageous payments on it (yes when I made them) that this is a relief.

She will, however, be missed.
Old 3/1/05 | 01:44 PM
Bullitt Member

best of luck with everything
Old 3/1/05 | 05:49 PM
GT Member

dont worry, you are going to get a better mustang later
Old 3/1/05 | 10:00 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Good luck. You'll get better Mustang later.
Old 3/2/05 | 01:26 AM
GTR Member

Brian,

Well, it finally happened, but at least you had the car for 2 months more that you thought you would! As everyone else has said, you'll get another one soon
Old 3/2/05 | 01:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

As it is my girlfriends uncle is a car salesman. He has a yellow 6 on hsi lot with a GT hood and its an 03. I'm going to have to talk to him. As long as it doesn't put me in a situation again I could go for it.
Old 3/7/05 | 12:04 AM
Post *****

hope it all works out dude
Old 3/7/05 | 12:59 AM
GT Member

definitely man good luck with everything!!
Old 3/7/05 | 08:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Ballz@March 1, 2005, 4:00 PM
I got a call last night that I had stolen my car. The guy knew every thing about me. He knew I'd been in Sicily, he knew I had court this weekend and he seemed to know that I drove the car out of state. He went on to say that it is not permitted to drive a stolen vehicle across state lines. I went to drop my car off at Mike Shad Ford as the repo man told me to but they would not accept it. They said they had not recieved a phone call from anybody about a repo. I call the guy several times and he doesn't answer, very unpro. I call the bank and they tell me that yes my info is correct and that I was suppossed to drop the car off.

True I hadn't made a payment in 6 months. It is also true that the bank made no attempt to collect this car. Accusing me of stealing this vehicle, registered in my name, is insane. If they wanted it then they had my address. The car was here every day during the daytime and they had every oppurtunity to get the vehicle.

Sooo anyway its gone. Its still sitting in front of Budget rental where I left it and picked up my rental car. The 2005 Crown Victoria is such a comfortable ride. Lumbar seating, leather . . . and just a real smooth ride. Funny that, even in a rental, I'm still driving Ford.

My yellow Stang was pretty dirty when I left it but I still took a whole roll of film. Right now I don't even really miss it. It had been such a hassle to try to make the outrageous payments on it (yes when I made them) that this is a relief.

She will, however, be missed.
Just out of curiosity...why didnt you sale it before it was taken away if you could not afford it? You will have a real hard time to get another car financed unless if you bankrupt and then your looking at another 2-3 years before a bank ever considers you.

I recommend you start playing the lottery if you want another Mustang anytime soon. Best of luck. Its just a sitaution that any of us could get into. You just never know what could happen. I really hate it for you.
Old 3/7/05 | 09:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well I owed $18,250 on the car and it was only worth $9-10k. My now ex-wife had to quit her job to watch our two autistic children and that right there cost me one repo already. Then the fact that she wanted a divorce and now needs the money I used for bills, to pay child support . . . well, you can do the math. Plus she ran up way to many credit cards in the family name which I "gladly" took from her.

So no my problems didn't start with this car but it was just the last of the many things to happen in the last year.

Either way the military has a nice program setup so I can get into a car after my bankruptcy is done. Without that I'd be screwed.

www.usmiles.com

If you are military check it out.