Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Watch This Mustang Sleeper Murder the Drag Strip!

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/16, 11:46 AM
TMS Editor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Watch This Mustang Sleeper Murder the Drag Strip!

An early '90s Mustang sleeper shows up at the drag strip in an understated and nonchalant fashion. But things change quickly.

Read the rest on the Mustang Forums homepage. >>
Old 2/12/16, 06:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Meh.

It's not 'under the radar' when it's already a GT hatch, then you add big giant wing, 4" cowl hood, loud exhaust, stickers, and drag rims all 'round? Yeah. Ok, that sure doesn't say 'look at me' in any way. The Corolla or whatever he lost to with the wheelie is more under the radar, although those big dang rims on the front wheel drive car kinda give that away.

The wheelie is just silly. I mean, if you're going to have that kind of stupid amounts of torque, wheelie bars, guys. It's $300 to ensure you don't lose because gobs of torque, or trash the car landing it.

But sure, he murdered the track, just not the competition.

There are better vids of better driven Trackstangs out there, to be honest, but hey, whatever. At least it's on the track and not the streets, and that's a good thing
Old 2/13/16, 02:35 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
Meh.

It's not 'under the radar' when it's already a GT hatch, then you add big giant wing, 4" cowl hood, loud exhaust, stickers, and drag rims all 'round? Yeah. Ok, that sure doesn't say 'look at me' in any way. The Corolla or whatever he lost to with the wheelie is more under the radar, although those big dang rims on the front wheel drive car kinda give that away.

The wheelie is just silly. I mean, if you're going to have that kind of stupid amounts of torque, wheelie bars, guys. It's $300 to ensure you don't lose because gobs of torque, or trash the car landing it.

But sure, he murdered the track, just not the competition.

There are better vids of better driven Trackstangs out there, to be honest, but hey, whatever. At least it's on the track and not the streets, and that's a good thing
Pretty much word for word what I came here to say. Thanks!
Old 2/14/16, 04:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
THE VID IS HERE