Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Update / Question

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/05, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First I would like to say hey to everyone. I am back home safe and everything is ok. The ship was horrid. But I may have bitten off more than I can chew with my GT though. There is so much that needs to be done, I have no idea where to start.

The first thing I noticed was when I sat in the car. The driver seat leans back and towards the door. I crawled up under the car and the floor pan is cracked all around where the left rear bolt goes. Should I replace the floor pan or will subframe connectors with seat braces remedy the problem?

The second problem I am having is I can push in the roof of the car right behind the t-tops and get about ½” of seperation. How do I go about fixing that?

And the third problem I am having is the driver side glass doesn’t sit flush with the seals. I am not sure if these are the doors that came on the car though. Every other GT I have seen with t-tops has the mirrors up in the door by the glass. My mirrors are attached to the side of the door. It seems that the glass curves a little too much. The passenger side is just fine. There are tons of other little stuff but they are mostly cosmetic. I wont even get started about the paint job. If needed I will get some pictures.
Old 11/29/05, 11:32 PM
Cobra Member

Innnnteresting, my drivers seat leaned back towards the door too, im guessin its from heavy clutch work. Then last week i reclined the seat for probably the first time and it wouldnt come back up, so theres now a plastic crate holding the seat up. Anyone know how to fix our seats???

Sorry if this is a threadjack.
Old 11/30/05, 06:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

i would have the floor pan replaced and also use subframes. both are the best fix. the door might just need a set of new hinges. the doors tend to sag with age. dont know about the roof though.................SCOTTY, best fix upgrade to SN95 seats. seems like all these seatframes bend and break.
Old 12/3/05, 12:07 AM
Bullitt Member

The seat frames in fox body stangs are very well known for developing the gangster lean to them over time. I am with the guy that said to replace the floor pan, and install a good set of subframe connectors (make sure the shop welds them in well)

Also, if the floor pans are ripped out I would think one of two things either

a ) the car was driven HARD
B ) it has some rust issues.

Either way when it gets up on a lift, walk under and check out all your bushings and links in the front, and all the bushings and both torque boxes in the rear.